Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Hats are not required while in the cab, in order to protect them from falling off/getting stolen. While in winter uniform season, the C/R is required to be wearing a TA-approved hat before he steps out of the cab though, and at all times while on the platform.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the south bound express track at Franklin Ave. you also can't see the whole signal. Heading into Utica, all I saw was a single green light, not green over green. And even on the northbound local at 125 and Lex. you cant see the signal since that whole platform is super crowded so everyone blocks your view.

But again, the conductor's job is to only ask the T/O if he has the proper line up. If he says yes, and you then take the wrong line up, that is not the C/R's fault.

WHat's so special about the Larry Line that I won't be able to get it? I actually had nothing to do last night so I was looking at the B division C/R pick result sheet on TENS last night for the last pick and plenty of people with low seniority got the Larry line as RDO relief. Some even got 5 trippers. If I can't get the Larry line, then there is always midnights on the R. That's sweet since the whole running time is only 11 minutes with a penalty.

Someone with low seniority was able to get one of them as RDO relief.

Not everything you think is high seniority really is. In school car, they told us the 7 line is high seniority. But it's actualy a low seniority line, especially anything with 5 trips. They also tell the T/Os in school car that it will be decades before they can pick work trains. I met a T/O who picked a work train in his very first pick.

So the (4) or (6) during rush hours would be high seniority? I wouldn't think a C/R with seniority would choose a line with so much congestion and crowding. It ain't easy riding as a passenger, I can imagine it ain't a picnic for the train crews either.

On the flip side, the OT must be lovely... is it?

On another note: I wonder if that (5) that starts at 125th around 8am is still around? That must need the most seniority out of the whole East side...

Nope, the 4 and 6 barely have any overtime. The 4 is much better than the 6 since you do 2 trips on the 4 vs. 3 trips on the 6.

The 3 line jobs with 3 trips have very good overtime. But the 3 trippers over there are super super high sneiority.

The lowest seniority lines in the A division are the 1 and 7. When you first pick, that is what your looking at. Three trips on the 1 or 5 trips on the 7. The 3, 4, and 5 lines are the best. You only make 2 trips and they are not long unless you get stuck making two trips to Flatbush on the 5. But that rarely happens.

Someone with low seniority was able to get one of them as RDO relief.

One Day??

Wow as i said a broken Clock is right twice a day...

If I can't get the Larry line, then there is always midnights on the R.

Let me rephrase this somebody WITH YOUR File Number can get something like that?

Hows that?

I called DCAS for kicks a little while ago, and while it is updated with last hired at "708", I'm allegedly not on an outstanding certification anymore, even though the last certified is still 1324. I'm still in the 960's so there's still time for me to inquire, but the question is should I? Or is it just a DCAS glitch and not bother with it?

The lowest seniority lines in the A division are the 1 and 7. When you first pick, that is what your looking at. Three trips on the 1 or 5 trips on the 7. The 3, 4, and 5 lines are the best. You only make 2 trips and they are not long unless you get stuck making two trips to Flatbush on the 5. But that rarely happens.

Not quite. It's the 6 and 7. Those 3 trippers on the 6 for 8 hours are even worse than the 5 trippers on the 7, which at least throw you some blood money.

And don't you dare knock my 2 to Flat on the 5!! One week this pick, I got a DROP on my second trip, that's half my day right there. The 5 is high seniority for a reason, I was just as lucky to get a piece of it as you'll be to get a piece of the L......

One Day??

Wow as i said a broken Clock is right twice a day...

Let me rephrase this somebody WITH YOUR File Number can get something like that?

Hows that?

I checked the rosters. The lowest seniority # that got the L this pick was 28##. If I'm not gonna be able to pick the L next pick, no way are you with a 32## gonna be touching Larry for a couple years....

Hey I'm rarely on this site but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what list number MTA is up to right now? I'll be honest im kinda excited and hope i get hired. New experience than what I'm doing now.

Hey I'm rarely on this site but I'm just wondering if anyone knows what list number MTA is up to right now? I'll be honest im kinda excited and hope i get hired. New experience than what I'm doing now.

Someone just a few posts above says last number hired was 708, while outstanding certification stands at around 1300.I'm not trying to start any rumors but I heard from a S/A that transit won't be doing any hiring for the next couple of months for Conductor..Im hoping this is pure BS.

.I'm not trying to start any rumors but I heard from a S/A that transit won't be doing any hiring for the next couple of months for Conductor..

A Poster here said somebody from Human Resources said the same thing to him when he called..

They are going to need these Schoolcar TSS's for T/O's is my guess, when they start hiring them we are short down here..

A Poster here said somebody from Human Resources said the same thing to him when he called..

They are going to need these Schoolcar TSS's for T/O's is my guess, when they start hiring them we are short down here..

If you're guess is correct then it's likely to take more than a couple of months before transit starts hiring conductors. It seems however RTO is short on both, maybe they'll find some more instructors to conduct both classes. I still think were on pace to exceed at least 3000 conductor call-ups before the list expires. There should be another C/R hiring surge sometime down the line.

They got classes booked for August and September, but after that there's supposed to be a slow down in new C/R classes for a while. The retirement surge is winding down, and now that the promotional T/O list is just about, if not completely, exhausted, so the remaining C/R's are going to stay where they are. so there's less of a demand for new ones. However, they're going to start with the O/C T/O list very soon.

I inquired upon why DCAS's automated info put me off outstanding certification and if there's a freeze of some sort going on, and the answer I got is (on both accounts): MTA's not hiring conductors right now, and, especially that they took people off of outstanding certification on DCAS's end, it's highly likely they won't be for a few months. For a split second I thought I was taken off the list, but apparently not, it's just that the list won't move for a little bit.

At least the answers everyone has is consistent.

Archived