Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

well,ppl i went down there direct and spoke with someone face to face.and they said that aint nothing happening for a minute. atlease till september...so its true. smmfh,,, im in the 75o'spissed... i should be on the next wave of letters going out for piss...hopefully..godwilling

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on this list (upper 900s), but I'm also on the 8098 list (mid 100s). I just want to make sure I have it correct: they've postponed hiring C/Rs because they want to focus more on T/Os for now? If so, I was sort of hoping to do C/R first and then after probation get my name back on the T/O list (for right-of-return in a worst-case scenario), but I'd just as happy getting called for T/O first, if that will be the case. Foot in the door, that's all I care about and that's all anybody hoping to be hired should care about!

I wonder out of the 708 or so numbers that have been called how many have been actulally hired?

And does the fact that there is no new conrtract in place affect the pace of hireing for new o\c conductors.

708 is the last list number that was appointed(hired). She's in class before mines. They go thru the list and you have to remember that they're people who get skipped because of not updating their information, are deceased, not interested, or don't get hired. Or if they get hired, they either resign or get fired. The next class for C/R is suppose to be September. It has nothing to do with a new contract.

They are still in need for C/R

That fact that there isn't a new contract in place I don't think is the reason,if that was the case they wouldn't start touching the OC train operators list..

They will be hiring OC Train Operator starting next year. They have to finish with the Promotional Train Operator's list. The last class from promotional list will be August 27th I believe.

As a friendly reminder to future C/R's, PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR EVERYTHING. And when it comes down for you to go to Communications Training at Rail Control Center, which was a great experience I might add, that's the one day you DONT WANT TO BE LATE. Someone was just recently terminated because they were AWOL (no call, no show) at RCC. If you really want this job, time and attendance is key.

HHmm i heard from the man who is in Schoolcar that it would be sometime in the Fall unless they changed it..

It's still september'ish. Last classes from the promos should be done soon. I'll inquire from my schoolcar source later.

Hell I was hoping this whole C/O freeze was just a bad rumor. Well... here's an early good luck to all you O/C T/O peeps. I hope they start calling you guys up in september rather than next year, its about time. Most of all I hope it isn't a year and a half before they start C/O classes again lol, it can happen.

Any idea when the letters are sent out for the medical how many they usually send out at a time? I just want to get an idea.

No one can answer this question, TA sends out as many letters for as many open jobs they feel they need at the moment. So if they need 50 spots filled they may send out 100 letters or so. And they do this all in their own time schedule. I know it's been a long time but you just have to remain patient and focus on other things until you get that letter in the mail. When I got my letter I had totally forgotten I even took and exam, and there wasn't any forum such as this one to find out this information either.

Not even. From what I was told, that person was given more than enough chances AND still messed up.

Yep more important things to do than job with good chances for advancement, and to provide a good life for yep..

When I got my letter I had totally forgotten I even took and exam, and there wasn't any forum such as this one to find out this information either.

Same here i forgot all about the test i took in early 2000 next thing you know i got the letter in the mail. I didnt have the access to whos who and whats what like some folks do now..

Hello, Has anyone tried to delay their hiring and have their list # restored? I am currently in the 750's and must need to delay the hiring until further noticed. I went to 1 centre street and the girl in the 21st floor told me that when they contact you, you ignored the response and when you are ready come back and have it restored. My question is is this how it work? I just need confirmation as I dont want to missed out by false infromation. and also, if I do get my number restored, in your experiences, do you usually get back up a while before you get hired, or that once you are restored, you should be in the next few wave of hiring? Thanks so much for the reply

No one can answer this question, TA sends out as many letters for as many open jobs they feel they need at the moment. So if they need 50 spots filled they may send out 100 letters or so. And they do this all in their own time schedule. I know it's been a long time but you just have to remain patient and focus on other things until you get that letter in the mail. When I got my letter I had totally forgotten I even took and exam, and there wasn't any forum such as this one to find out this information either.

Ok. I just was curious. I currently work for a security company and things have been picking up so I have been traveling quite a bit again so maybe I should have the old lady check my mail box (which may be hard as she lives in South Jersey and it's quite a drive to the Bronx) while I'm away on my business trips since you guys said they may start calling around September.

When I pick for the first time, I think I will just pick extra if I can't get something I like. I actually like being extra. You make some serious overtime that way. Extra in District 4 looks appeaing. Someone with a file number in the 3000s got PM extra in dist. 4, so extra should not be too hard to get. Why anyone would pick an 8 hour job where your on the train the whole day is beyond me... especially when those people have decent seniority.

And don't you dare knock my 2 to Flat on the 5!! One week this pick, I got a DROP on my second trip, that's half my day right there. The 5 is high seniority for a reason, I was just as lucky to get a piece of it as you'll be to get a piece of the L......

Well, I'm glad you like the 5. Maybe one day you can move up and get one to Flat and one to Bowling Green rather than two to Flat. I only got a 5 line job with two to Flat once, but I got a drop that day. So anytime i'm on the 5, my last trip is always to the Bowl. Some have a half a trip trip at the end where you do a shuttle to 180 and deadhead back to Dyre, but that is not too bad since the trip is short and hardly anyone is on the train.

Only PMs. Every RDO package included either the 6 in the east or the 7 in the west. Absolutely nothing left on the 4, bits and pieces of everything else. XL west still had some openings.

I guess the appeal with midnights is you don't have to deal with crowds at night, and there's little road supervision so some crews do the bare minimum. HOWEVER, the last half is often an AM peak run, which you have to do at your most tired time, so no thanks.

Archived