Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 months ago you could not wait to be called up, now your complaining? this is how it is, they need c/r's on the B, your at the bottom of the totem pole. And how are the paychecks messed up? I recieved mine already with my direct deposit.

U're right. Lol..I'm complaining. Let me have my moment. I actually love being a conductor. Just dislike the B Div. Plus it's been hot all week, these yards are a b!tch to get to & our instructor is a straight douche! After I post & return on the road, then I'll hush up. I hope I get the chance to meet u. ????

You better read your stub. I keep hearing the new BSC messed them all up. Make sure you got paid for 80 hours rather than something crazy like 79.12425421

Exactly. Since they switched over to this new payroll system, they haven't completely worked all the bugs out. Payroll dept had to work double shifts yesterday & today to make sure everyone gets paid this week. But u might be short a few hours, which be added to the next following check.

#731 here, took the drug test on June 27th. I know I'm clean, but the waiting is killing me! Need the job.

Congrats!

I am shocked to see that DCAS hotline lists the last eligible appointed at 503. That cant be right, or it is it?

That is old info. The DCAS info has not been updated since the beginning of April. At least a couple of members of this very forum have been hired since that time with higher list numbers.

Another reason I stopped calling the DCAS hotline!

U're right. Lol..I'm complaining. Let me have my moment. I actually love being a conductor. Just dislike the B Div. Plus it's been hot all week, these yards are a b!tch to get to & our instructor is a straight douche! After I post & return on the road, then I'll hush up. I hope I get the chance to meet u.

I understand, I complain everyday to. Start getting your complaining ready when the B div crew office has you at there mercy. Sometimes I call them with a bible in my hand. You live in yonkers, be thankful they send you to either beford park or 207. 207 is the best place to be, I love the (A) and thats where I want to stay at for a long time.

BTW who are your TSS's now? I need names, pm me. I'll tell you as much as I can.

Yeah I was just discussing this in the crew room (the real one, not the forum) earlier today. When I go to T/O, I am definitely going to pick A-Div if possible, simply because I know I'll be XX for at least a year and the majority of the A-Div locations (and all but 2 yards) are in the Bronx. Like I'm doing as C/R, I'll come over to B once I can pick the one Bronx location.

Start getting your complaining ready when the B div crew office has you at there mercy.

Word to the wise..

Its Best NOT to tick off the Crew Office if yer gripe is legit then thats another story, anything else all you will do is make yer time as extra extra miserable...

The big secret about the CAS is that the people who work there are actually long-term restricted C/R's, T/O's and T/D's, so they're already disgrunted as it is. Their whole job now is messing with those of us who are still on the road, and yes, they are absolutely the LAST people here that you want to get onto the bad side of. Don't play games with them, especially if you are XX or XL (and even if you have a picked job, because some GO's will have you getting reassigned at their mercy).

Yeah thats what I figured from reading further back a few pages. On another note, DCAS also states that last eligible certified is quite high in the 1300's. I figure that has to be at least more than one drug test for quite a few people before they get called to schoolcar.

Ahh Man I hope I don't get called till I get back. List # 76X and I'm reading that people are in 730's going in for drug test. I'm out of state getting R&R before sh!t gets real. Ain't gonna have another vaca for a longg time !!

I'll be honest if someone aint checking your mail for you, I'd come back soon, that letter to come in for the drug test is probably on its way to your mailbox.

You can always defer and call back to get your name back on the list, but IMO that's an unneeded extra step. Plus, people could pass over you in seniority. Just because the hiring process is slowing down doesnt mean that only one or two people below you are going to pass you on the seniority line.

From what I heard in School Car, next C/R class is scheduled for September 24th. But before I say it's a definite, I wanna hear it from the horses mouth themselves. So, I will get back to you on that.

DCAS, from my own experience, is NOT a reliable source. If you are wondering about the exact list number that's appointed, last number appointed is in the beginning of the very very low 700's. So, for those who are waiting to get a call right now wont be anytime til late August, early September. HOWEVER, do not quote me on that as of yet. Let me get more information for you guys and I will share more with you. The reason I say that is I don't want to give anyone any misleading information because I know a lot of people really want this job.

Now that the T/O list is just about exhausted and the flaggers won their grievance, hiring is gonna slow down for a bit. You need C/R's to move up or out in order for new slots to open up. Won't be like this spring where there was a new class every other week!

My advice is to get in as soon as the opportunity arises. Seniority is everything down here, and you do NOT want to be passed over or dropped back. If I didn't hustle as much as I did, I would have missed my class and dropped back to the next month's, which would have meant going to B-Div and being XX for another pick. Instead, I have a picked job in the A-Div which isn't completely terrible, and there is a whole week of people behind me in the upcoming B-Div pick!

Now that the T/O list is just about exhausted and the flaggers won their grievance, hiring is gonna slow down for a bit. You need C/R's to move up or out in order for new slots to open up. Won't be like this spring where there was a new class every other week!

My advice is to get in as soon as the opportunity arises. Seniority is everything down here, and you do NOT want to be passed over or dropped back. If I didn't hustle as much as I did, I would have missed my class and dropped back to the next month's, which would have meant going to B-Div and being XX for another pick. Instead, I have a picked job in the A-Div which isn't completely terrible, and there is a whole week of people behind me in the upcoming B-Div pick!

It might have been better to stay XX since you would have made more money that way. When you pick a job for your firist time, you are left with mainly the POS jobs nobody else wants.

The A division is not that great so you guys who got switched to to the B right after finishing school car are not missing anything. There's just 3 lines where you have it relatively easy, but on all the rest, you work non stop.

And P.S. When do I get to join the crew room forum???

It might have been better to stay XX since you would have made more money that way. When you pick a job for your firist time, you are left with mainly the POS jobs nobody else wants.

Screw that. I'll have plenty of time to be XX when I promote. Heck, I'm not even gonna pick XL as a C/R. And with ONE exception, every job I picked in this package had a perk to it that nobody seemed to notice, or worked really well with my schedule or location. True, I'm not making quite as much as I did on XX, but I can actually sort of have a life.

You'll get invited to the crew room when you stop using those laminates to make announcements.

Dont work that way down here rookie, once its yer time to pick and if there only the crappiest job left it has yer name on it its yours there is no "staying extra extra",unless you are a Sabbath observer.

Something some of us(and maybe you too) have found out.

You'll get invited to the crew room when you stop using those laminates to make announcements.

LOL Oh noooooo thats just too much...

Or any other RTO Related place on the Internet...

Archived