Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

Suppose you choose to try again for the BOSS with the letter you recieved, wether or not you pass the medical your list number will REMAIN on 8094 CR list until it comes up and you officially decline or take it. The letter clearly states so, thats a good thing. Its like applying for two exams for the price of one without having to choose one over the other for fear of being disqualified. I hope everyone understands this correctly because its a pretty good opportunity for those that can obtain a CDL license.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Received The Letter For BOSS Today, I Don't Have A Drivers License So I Can't Take It. If I Did I Would Have Gone For It, Just To Get My Foot In The Door. My Conductor List Number Is In The 1900's

- Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

i spoke with the MTA liaision on friday and she advised me that the last scheduled list number for a class was 990 and that the class is scheduled for june 2013 for the condutors on exam 8094. The class for june will only hold 30 CR and there is no other scheduled class for now.

also the MTA representative advised me that if you already did the first process in 180 livingston like the drug test the test it self is only valid for 90 days from the date that they collected the specimen. This information is for exam 8094. as of friday the earliest class is scheduled for june and she did advised there are alot of people retire so this may be much sooner but if your drug test does expire they will re do one right away.

1078? that is movement. So the 1100's are next. Is it safe to say that by July or August of this year the TA will be calling us low 1330 somthings? Hmmmmmmmmm. :rock: 

I think thats a little too early. Im 12 something and im not expecting to be called till like fall the earliest. Remember most of the time the list moves in waves...there are times when its fast and other times when its slow.

i spoke with the MTA liaision on friday and she advised me that the last scheduled list number for a class was 990 and that the class is scheduled for june 2013 for the condutors on exam 8094. The class for june will only hold 30 CR and there is no other scheduled class for now.

Jruiz -- I'm wondering, I'm in the 960s, so would this mean if they are saying the "last scheduled list number for a class" is 990, does that mean they've skipped over me and I won't be getting a callback to go into the June (or any other) class, or are they still in the process of calling back those people up to 990? Just trying to figure out whether this rules me out or if I should still be hoping for a callback for the June class. Up until now it has seemed like I'd get called for the summer...went to do pre-employment and drug test Feb 20...but now I'm not sure given this new info. 

hey guys ...

what is the outstanding certification???

my list number is in th1700's , i called dcas and the told me that im on the list but i dont have outstanding certification ....

i wonder if im gonna have a chance with my list number ???

thanks !!!!!

I think what jruiz713 said basically means they have scheduled people up to number 990 for the next training class which is in june or sooner based on the demand of the agency...and you know people decline, may have went to bus op or all types of other scenarios. From reading here a few weeks ago someone said the last appointed was #907....DCAS says 861...Im one of the bunch that went for pre-employment in early February and would be in the next wave of new hires actually...so Im paying super close attn to everything posted and such. To top it off, people are confusing one another with numbers as far as Appointed, Bus Op/BOSS letters and then actual Conductor pre-employment call ups lol.

Poughkipsee & RCVW, I think your interpretations seem right. I've been keeping an eye on the boards and DCAS as well, and it doesn't seem like they would skip over that many people, esp. if last appointed is 861. My thinking was that "scheduling" seems to mean they anticipate calling up to 990 but like you said people will turn it down, have gotten hired with another agency, take up B/O etc. What do you guys think about 30 people in the next class -- seems like a very inefficient way to fill employment gaps esp. if a lot of people will be retiring...any thoughts on whether they might think about expanding this class? At 30 per class, people like us who are in the 960s, 70s and 80s will STILL need to wait a while even though we're so close (yet so far it seems like!). Again, just seeing what others are thinking...hopefully we'll get our phone calls soon.

Hey all, I took the conductor exam #8094 list #1684, and I just recieved the letter for the BOSS exam scheduled for tomorrow at 4:30pm. The two questions I have are 1) was I supposed to mail something in to them before I take this BOSS exam to register? and 2) I have the book to take the CDL permit, I havent obtained it yet, is it okay to get it after I take this exam and not need it before I take the test?.....thanks in advance!

Hey all, I took the conductor exam #8094 list #1684, and I just recieved the letter for the BOSS exam scheduled for tomorrow at 4:30pm. The two questions I have are 1) was I supposed to mail something in to them before I take this BOSS exam to register? and 2) I have the book to take the CDL permit, I havent obtained it yet, is it okay to get it after I take this exam and not need it before I take the test?.....thanks in advance!

I also received the same letter . One was for the boss exam and the second letter that was attached you would have to sign a mail back if you wanted to be considered for BO..

Seems like progress has come to a grinding halt again, so frustrating. I'm guessing the phone number was changed as well since it always has a busy signal and the second number is an automated message of no use for this list. That really bites if the next class really isn't until June, why drug test folks in February for a June class? Just end up re testing again. Bah humbug.

I'm a little bit surprised that Transit can go several months without hiring new conductors or T/O's. Least it seems that way. There should be a hiring spree down the line though, maybe after this June class or next year.

They've been hiring T/O's just about 40 a month consistently since the fall.

This places a strain on schoolcar resources, but it's needed due to retirements. That leaves less resources for C/R classes, and while they've been going on, it's been subject to needs based on retirements etc., as well as schoolcar resources.

Also since the promotional list for T/O has been completed (and O/C folks are getting called), less C/R's are leaving the title now. Plus some have gone back to C/R.

I worked customer service on a GO yesterday and a current CR said a TSS mentioned more TO and CR's will have new classes way before June...I was pretty surprised he even mentioned at least 50-60 people as a next batch. All hear-say however...

I worked customer service on a GO yesterday and a current CR said a TSS mentioned more TO and CR's will have new classes way before June...I was pretty surprised he even mentioned at least 50-60 people as a next batch. All hear-say however...

lawd, I hope you're right bro 

babylawd.png

Archived