Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aw, shit. I just realized that my wensday rural busfanning trip is the same day as my last lacrosse game. :angry: I blame LaSalle for being a dick and re-scheduling the game to Wensday that was on a perfectly fine day. Unless of course I can get down from Malta to St. Rose almost instantly.

On a happier note: The neighbors are doing their drum rituals again for the first time in six months. It feels good to be back.

Wensday as in "Wednesday"?? :huh:

I really hate touch-screen stuff.....

-----

To Checkmate: I read that article, Talk about a guy who doesn't know how to have any fun. How can someone supened students over a little harmless prank like that... * Nods head in disbelief *

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Finally all the discussions of politics and what not in the DR can be put to bed. I'm sick of it and the corrupt government over there. I'm glad I live in NYC and not a third world country that has regular gas $5.50 in dollars and thieves roaming the streets freely.

That's great( I think, I'm not in high school ) I get mainly 100s and high 90s, but i've seen people get 70s in honors.

Yeah, the maximum score is 2400, so a 2150 is great. I think the average score is something like a 1600 or something.

My overall average is 101 because I took AP and honors classes, so those get counted more (a 90 in an AP class goes in as a 99 when they do your average). Back in middle school, they didn't do that, so my average was usually in the 97-98 range.

Yeah, the maximum score is 2400, so a 2150 is great. I think the average score is something like a 1600 or something.

My overall average is 101 because I took AP and honors classes, so those get counted more (a 90 in an AP class goes in as a 99 when they do your average). Back in middle school, they didn't do that, so my average was usually in the 97-98 range.

Big shot... <_<

Big shot... <_<

Oh, like you weren't a nerd back in high school. ;)

In any case, I was sort of studying, but not directly. I took AP English Language, so that helped me with the Reading and Writing sections (I expected the passages to be harder). Math I'm just naturally good at, though.

Oh, like you weren't a nerd back in high school. ;)

In any case, I was sort of studying, but not directly. I took AP English Language, so that helped me with the Reading and Writing sections (I expected the passages to be harder). Math I'm just naturally good at, though.

lol... Nope... I was not a nerd back in high school nor in college... Just know when and how to study and when not to bother. lol I mean really if you go to class, take notes and do the assignments, there were some classes that I didn't even bother to study for... Granted I graduated with honors and had AP English and AP Gov't, but the rest of my classes were honors classes for the most part. Those AP classes are a killer. I got a 92 in AP English and an 80 in AP Gov't, by far my lowest grade, but I absolutely hated the class... Was so bloody boring. I could've done better if I applied myself, but whatever.

In college though I had a 3.92 GPA overall and three semesters with a 4.0. Graduate Summa C u m Laude. :D

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

lol... Nope... I was not a nerd back in high school nor in college... Just know when and how to study and when not to bother. lol I mean really if you go to class, take notes and do the assignments, there were some classes that I didn't even bother to study for... Granted I graduated with honors and had AP English and AP Gov't, but the rest of my classes were honors classes for the most part. Those AP classes are a killer. I got a 92 in AP English and an 80 in AP Gov't, by far my lowest grade, but I absolutely hated the class... Was so bloody boring. I could've done better if I applied myself, but whatever.

In college though I had a 3.92 GPA overall and three semesters with a 4.0. Graduate Summa C u m Laude. :D

I barely have a 90 in AP English, and yet I'm the nerd?

And I don't study either. A lot of the material I just understand when I do the homework. I have one of those 100 page marble notebooks, and with all the notes from the whole year, it's like 1/3 of the way filled (I mean, I use the back pages of course, but still). I just figured that there was no point in carrying all those notebooks around if the teachers aren't going to check, and yet I still have a high average. I mean, as I'm doing the homework, it's applying the concept, and if worse comes to worse, I just look back at the textbook. No way am I taking notes, though unless it's something I think is difficult to understand without them. Even though I can get those things for like $0.20, I don't see the point in wasting paper. :D

I barely have a 90 in AP English, and yet I'm the nerd?

And I don't study either. A lot of the material I just understand when I do the homework. I have one of those 100 page marble notebooks, and with all the notes from the whole year, it's like 1/3 of the way filled (I mean, I use the back pages of course, but still). I just figured that there was no point in carrying all those notebooks around if the teachers aren't going to check, and yet I still have a high average. I mean, as I'm doing the homework, it's applying the concept, and if worse comes to worse, I just look back at the textbook. No way am I taking notes, though unless it's something I think is difficult to understand without them. Even though I can get those things for like $0.20, I don't see the point in wasting paper. :D

lol... What can I tell ya... I'm a true linguist at heart... B) I did horribly though on the AP English exam... I don't recall what I got, but think the best you can get is a 2 or something and you need a 1 to pass and I failed... <_< That test was bloody hard. I mean I've never felt that stupid taking any sort of English exam before. :huh:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8