Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

That's complete bs. My friend had a teacher hate him so much she made his grades worse on purpose...

But then there are people who think in my school that a 55 is better than what they expected in honors...

Smh

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O_o 19 guests reading this......

But anyways, yeah I talked to my old teacher about it and she said she will do anything in her power to put me in AP, so I guess I just have to hope for the best. I'm kind of staying neutral while almost everybody else is being a bitch to her, so hopefully extra points to me.

Well it's is a public forum, are you that surprised 19 strangers are watching the stuff here?

Question: If the 59th Street Bridge were to be replaced, would you want another cantilever truss design (current design) or a suspension design? (Verrazano-type design)?

Personally, I think the current 59th Street Bridge is an eyesore.

Nope. I say it's better than the Williamsburg bridge. If there's a bridge that should be replaced it's that one. I'd want it to be replaced by a cable stay bridge.

(M) FOREST HILLS-71

(M) VIA EYESORE BR

(M) 6 AV/53 ST LCL

Also, my screen background is an R160 (Q) on the Brighton Express via Whitehall N/B GO. The picture is at Neck Road. Don't ask for it, I don't have an image hosting site account and I don't know how to upload the stuff.

Edited by Brightonkid7

I had a science teacher who was real mean. Thank god she retired last Monday.

Also, what's up with these profileless users with names like Yahoo, Facebook, MSN, etc.?

Did anybody also notice how there are alot of users who haven't logged on since like 2008? That's accounting for a lot of the people on the birthday list who aren't even using this site anymore.

Edited by Brightonkid7

Waiting for the express bus last night, this older black guy sees me at the shelter with some whites and then comes over where I'm at and goes "Sorry, I don't mean to bother you or offend you, but I didn't want to ask the white people..." Then he goes on to say how he needs $3.89 for MetroNorth and gives me some story about how he lost something or something or other and I'm thinking to myself Oh really? You don't want to ask "the white people" huh? <_< My father is white so you shouldn't be asking me either, but I didn't bother to go that route because I'm sure he knew I was mixed, hence why he kept apologizing. I just said "Oh yeah? So what do you want me to do? All I have is my Metrocard" and he kept on saying I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you and the more he kept saying it the more irritated I got. I thought to myself if you were really sorry you wouldn't have even bothered in the first place.

I tell ya I have to chuckle sometimes... With black folks I'm either hated as the "he's got more white in him then anything" comments or they're begging me for money. :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

This one guy in Jamaica asked me for $9.00 for his LIRR ticket! Fat chance! :lol:

And on this note; when I was busfanning the other night somebody asked me if they could use my phone. I just said the usual "I don't have one" (in hindsight I should've used the It's dead excuse, but nevertheless) because there's no way in hell i'm giving someone my phone at 10PM at the bus stop. But wait: IT GETS BETTER! When I was busfanning in Troy (For a minute I forgot why I don't go up there) somebody asked me if I had $2.00 for the bus even tough it's only $1.50.

For a minute I forgot why I don't go up to Troy.......

And also; what a YouTube comment.

NOT TO BE A STUPID IDIOT..BUT WATCH MY GOYTE SOMEPONY THAT I USED TO KNOW FREESTYLE IT WILL RAPE YOUR BRAIN. COMMENT AND THUMBS UP AND I WILL GLADLY RETURN THE FAVOR AND HELP YOU OUT AS WELL. WE ARE ALL JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT IN AMAREICA. PLEASE HELP ME AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU THANK YOU! CLICK MYCHANNELLLLLLLLLLL

Edited by CDTA

This one guy in Jamaica asked me for $9.00 for his LIRR ticket! Fat chance! :lol:

And on this note; when I was busfanning the other night somebody asked me if they could use my phone. I just said the usual "I don't have one" (in hindsight I should've used the It's dead excuse, but nevertheless) because there's no way in hell i'm giving someone my phone at 10PM at the bus stop. But wait: IT GETS BETTER! When I was busfanning in Troy (For a minute I forgot why I don't go up there) somebody asked me if I had $2.00 for the bus even tough it's only $1.50.

For a minute I forgot why I don't go up to Troy.......

And also; what a YouTube comment.

NOT TO BE A STUPID IDIOT..BUT WATCH MY GOYTE SOMEPONY THAT I USED TO KNOW FREESTYLE IT WILL RAPE YOUR BRAIN. COMMENT AND THUMBS UP AND I WILL GLADLY RETURN THE FAVOR AND HELP YOU OUT AS WELL. WE ARE ALL JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT IN AMAREICA. PLEASE HELP ME AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU THANK YOU! CLICK MYCHANNELLLLLLLLLLL

Well I've let express bus riders use my phone and both were women. I just gave them the look of death and told them they had better not drop it.... <_< I've been in that situation where I didn't have a backup battery and my phone died last year... I had charged it before going to the first bar to meet up with some good friends from high school and by the time I finished bar hopping the damn phone was almost dead... <_< I hailed a cab over to the X1 (was a bit too smashed to walk at the time over to Broadway) and then passed out on the X1 going home and needed car service from Hylan & Clove... Stupid pay phones didn't work so I got lucky and went into a store and was able to use their phone to call for car service.

If you're gonna come on a bus with a gun, at least conceal the damn thing..... Not cool to have your piece drop on the floor (not that this matters, but it looked like a pistol) as you're about to sit down....

This was some guy that decides to sit in the row right next to me this mornin on the bus...

Waiting for the express bus last night, this older black guy sees me at the shelter with some whites and then comes over where I'm at and goes "Sorry, I don't mean to bother you or offend you, but I didn't want to ask the white people..." Then he goes on to say how he needs $3.89 for MetroNorth and gives me some story about how he lost something or something or other and I'm thinking to myself Oh really? You don't want to ask "the white people" huh? <_< My father is white so you shouldn't be asking me either, but I didn't bother to go that route because I'm sure he knew I was mixed, hence why he kept apologizing. I just said "Oh yeah? So what do you want me to do? All I have is my Metrocard" and he kept on saying I'm sorry, I hope I didn't offend you and the more he kept saying it the more irritated I got. I thought to myself if you were really sorry you wouldn't have even bothered in the first place.

I tell ya I have to chuckle sometimes... With black folks I'm either hated as the "he's got more white in him then anything" comments or they're begging me for money. :lol:

Similar thing happened while I was waiting for the QM2a (well, the QM20 now) a while back.... there was a line of about 20 ppl or so - with me being the only spook in the mix, and this older black woman commences in walkin up to me & telling me that her metrocard doesn't work & how she'll pay me back if I use my card to pay for her..... The whole time I sayin nah, nah (while shakin my head no & waving my hand in a "no" motion)... She kept at it for a good 30 seconds or so, til I eventually ignored her & she walked away (I expected her to get in line, but instead, she just crossed 6th av).... This was at the 35th/6th st stop (the first stop)......

I don't engage in conversing with people I don't care to have dealings with.....

As for your situation, as soon as I heard him talkin about needing 'x' amount of money for the MNRR or whatever, I would have just shrugged my shoulders..... Anything said after that, and I would have replied "Not my problem".... That's how I generally deal with beggars.... All that shit about not wanting to ask the white people would go in one ear & out the other.... that's a tactic used to try to soft soak you into getting what they want out of you....

"you black, I'm black, help a brotha out".... f*** outta here.....

Edited by B35 via Church

If you're gonna come on a bus with a gun, at least conceal the damn thing.....

Not cool to have your piece drop on the floor (not that this matters, but it looked like a pistol) as you're about to sit down....

This was some guy that decides to sit in the row right next to me this mornin on the BM1... one of those detective lookin types....

Similar thing happened while I was waiting for the QM2a (well, the QM20 now) a while back.... there was a line of about 20 ppl or so - with me being the only spook in the mix, and this older black woman commences in walkin up to me & telling me that her metrocard doesn't work & how she'll pay me back if I use my card to pay for her..... The whole time I sayin nah, nah (while shakin my head no & waving my hand in a "no" motion)... She kept at it for a good 30 seconds or so, til I eventually ignored her & she walked away (I expected her to get in line, but instead, she just crossed 6th av).... This was at the 35th/6th st stop (the first stop)......

I don't engage in conversing with people I don't care to have dealings with.....

As for your situation, as soon as I heard him talkin about needing 'x' amount of money for the MNRR or whatever, I would have just shrugged my shoulders..... Anything said after that, and I would have replied "Not my problem".... That's how I generally deal with beggars.... All that shit about not wanting to ask the white people would go in one ear & out the other.... that's a tactic used to try to soft soak you into getting what they want out of you....

"you black, I'm black, help a brotha out"....

F*** outta here.....

LOL... Well I don't think he was quite sure what I was hence why he kept saying I hope I didn't offend you and quite frankly I was offended to be honest. I said to him in an almost jeering fashion "Oh yeah? And what do you expect me to do?" but the "Oh yeah part" was more of a you don't want to ask the white people, so you come to the mixed guy to ask him who is half white? LOL The fact that he kept apologizing profusely is what annoyed me because while I am not white per se, it isn't necessarily obvious what my mix is. I don't like any ethnicity of people doing that **** to me. Some Latinos pull that crap like oh we're "brothas" so we gotta help each other out. Uhh... NO... I would rather leave race and ethnicity out of it. I've had a few whites pull that too... "Come on bro... Can't you help me out?" Don't like it one bit. It's insulting to me because the old race/ethnicity card ploy as if I don't know what your angle is so tacky. Just be a man, approach me with respect (not with the "Yo" or the "excuse me brotha" (I've had this more so from Latinos than the blacks). You want me to hear you out, approach me in the correct way which is "Sir". We're not brothers. I don't have any and you don't know me. Sickens me to the core.

Now I was approached by a Hispanic guy and I'll admit that I dismissed him, but after hearing him out and realizing he just wanted something to eat, I took him to a place near by and let him get whatever he wanted. Now another Latino guy approached me and I had the feeling that it was either because he thought I was Latino or just thought I was a sucker. Claimed he wanted something to eat, so I'm like well come with me I'm heading to Whole Foods and then he goes nah I'm going in the opposite direction. <_< Can spot the flakes real fast.

Why do I feel offended by that comment... <_<

LOL... Well I don't think he was quite sure what I was hence why he kept saying I hope I didn't offend you and quite frankly I was offended to be honest. I said to him in an almost jeering fashion "Oh yeah? And what do you expect me to do?" but the "Oh yeah part" was more of a you don't want to ask the white people, so you come to the mixed guy to ask him who is half white? LOL The fact that he kept apologizing profusely is what annoyed me because while I am not white it isn't necessarily obvious what my mix is. I don't like any ethnicity of people doing that **** to me. Some Latinos pull that crap like oh we're "brothas" so we gotta help each other out. Uhh... NO... I would rather leave race and ethnicity out of it. I've had a few whites pull that too... "Come on bro... Can't you help me out?" Don't like it one bit. It's insulting to me because the old race/ethnicity card ploy as if I don't know what your angle is so tacky. Just be a man, approach me with respect (not with the "Yo" or the "excuse me brotha" (I've had this more so from Latinos than the blacks). You want me to hear you out, approach me in the correct way which is "Sir". We're not brothers. I don't have any and you don't know me. Sickens me to the core.

Now I was approached by a Hispanic guy and I'll admit that I dismissed him, but after hearing him out and realizing he just wanted something to eat, I took him to a place near by and let him get whatever he wanted. Now another Latino guy approached me and I had the feeling that it was either because he thought I was Latino or just thought I was a sucker. Claimed he wanted something to eat, so I'm like well come with me I'm heading to Whole Foods and then he goes nah I'm going in the opposite direction. <_< Can spot the flakes real fast.

I usually get the old school heads (black dudes) comin up to me w/ that 'can you help a brotha out' w/ some change BS.... I always say nahh & go about my business... They wont follow me for a couple paces like they might do to others b/c of my size, and the fact I walk fast, so they can't keep up... lol.... Odd that latin dudes would come w/ that "excuse me brotha" to ya.... Of the ones that come up to me begging, it's usually for a light or some smokes, moreso than money..... like, 'ay bro, you got a light; somethin along those lines... they never say brotha - I'm not the darkest mofo in the world, but it's distinguishable that I'm black, and sayin some'n like brotha or n***a to a black guy (in their eyes) might be taken the wrong way....

Personally, I find it funny when white guys come to me on some "brotha" tip.... I don't find that offensive like a lot of blacks might.....

What I notice is (and I never understood this) the beggars like to walk up to/approach men for money moreso than women - at least from what I depict.... Guess they don't follow the women as much b/c they know they'll creep them out....

I've also noticed that more of the younger generation is starting to use "Sir" a lot more.... for some reason, it irks the heck out of me when ppl. refer to me by sayin "sir"; almost like they're being sarcastic & they don't really mean to be respectful..... iono, w/ me (not that I wanna be bothered anyway, but), a simple excuse me would suffice, followed by w/e you goin ask.... which 99.9% of the time will yield a response of 'no' anyway (lol), or otherwise something that won't be in a beggar's favor.....

As far as those that beg for money to eat... man, after a situation my cousin told me about one time up in the bronx (wakefield), forget it.... Anyway, a friend of his friend came up to him beggin for some money to eat.... crackhead a** dude... The second he (my cousin) was like, I aint givin you no money, let's hit up the corner store real quick if you really starvin.... man homeboy ran off like a thief in the night...... Come to find out dude owed some money to some other dudes that were hangin out in front of that same corner store that day....

Edited by B35 via Church

With black folks I'm either hated as the "he's got more white in him then anything" comments or they're begging me for money. :lol:

Why do I feel offended by that comment... <_<

I'm more offended at the fact that I get as many older black men begging me for some change.... Mind you, these are dudes from the same generation that LOVE to shit on men from any generation proceeding theirs.... Talkin about the 80's babies dropped the ball, like cats in the 60's was just doin the damn thang, livin it up like the Rockerfellas & we were the ones that succumbed to letting the welfare system take care of our women as opposed to their deadbeat asses....

Walk up in any black church & I'm sure you'll hear it through the grapevine that the pastor was some reformed pimp back in his hayday.....

Edited by B35 via Church

As far as those that beg for money to eat... man, after a situation my cousin told me about one time up in the bronx (wakefield), forget it.... Anyway, a friend of his friend came up to him beggin for some money to eat.... crackhead a** dude... The second he (my cousin) was like, I aint givin you no money, let's hit up the corner store real quick if you really starvin.... man homeboy ran off like a thief in the night...... Come to find out dude owed some money to some other dudes that were hangin out in front of that same corner store that day...

LMAO... Well I usually go with my mom's policy, which is if someone is legitimately hungry, I'll get said person some food... When she was alive and we'd go out to eat or we were together and she saw a homeless person or someone asked her for food, she was perfectly fine giving them her food if they were really hungry or just buying them food, whichever they prefer, but she made it clear that it would go no further than that, so it's either food or nothing. Now I'd rather just buy them what they want (within reason). I think the place that I took the guy to in Williamsburg was some sort of diner so I gave the Latina working there $10.00 and told her to let him get what he wants. In that neck of the woods in a diner I'm sure $10.00 got him a decent meal. I have on occasional given folks money that IMO truly fell on hard times. Back on Thanksgiving, here I am just stepping out of one of my Italian spots in Chelsea having blown $100.00 on a nice dinner and drinks and this dude (white guy) perhaps around my age was sitting out in the cold with nothing. I guess it struck a cord with me because I felt like it could easily be me in that situation. I mean it doesn't take much to be homeless. I know a few folks I went to school with in high school were laid off due to the recession. The guy was clearly frustrated. He said look at me man, I'm not some drug addict or anything. It's one of those things as a New Yorker and a human being you just sense, so I had $10.00 for car service from the express bus in my wallet and just gave him that and told him to get something to eat for himself.

Well I've let express bus riders use my phone and both were women. I just gave them the look of death and told them they had better not drop it.... <_< I've been in that situation where I didn't have a backup battery and my phone died last year... I had charged it before going to the first bar to meet up with some good friends from high school and by the time I finished bar hopping the damn phone was almost dead... <_< I hailed a cab over to the X1 (was a bit too smashed to walk at the time over to Broadway) and then passed out on the X1 going home and needed car service from Hylan & Clove... Stupid pay phones didn't work so I got lucky and went into a store and was able to use their phone to call for car service.

I remember a couple of times I asked local riders to use their phone and they let me (It was usually when it was getting late and I just needed to tell my parents that I was alright and the bus was late or whatever).This was usually at Richmond Avenue & Monsey Place, so I had a couple of ShopRite bags on me, and I look fairly trustworthy (I don't wear a cap backwards with my pants hanging down and everything), so they usually let me borrow it.

I remember once, I asked a woman onthe bus for a phone (I didn't realize the bus was going to be that late, and it didn't occur to ask until I was on the bus, since we were at the same stop), and she gave it to me, but a couple of stops later, she was frantically going "This is my stop. Hurry, give me the phone", but it startled me and I didn't know what to do, since I was getting off there as well, but I didn't want to give the impression that I was about to steal her phone or whatever, so I just ended the call and gave it back. Then when we got off, she offered me the phone again, but I said "No, but thanks for letting me use it before"

LMAO... Well I usually go with my mom's policy, which is if someone is legitimately hungry, I'll get said person some food... When she was alive and we'd go out to eat or we were together and she saw a homeless person or someone asked her for food, she was perfectly fine giving them her food if they were really hungry or just buying them food, whichever they prefer, but she made it clear that it would go no further than that, so it's either food or nothing. Now I'd rather just buy them what they want (within reason). I think the place that I took the guy to in Williamsburg was some sort of diner so I gave the Latina working there $10.00 and told her to let him get what he wants. In that neck of the woods in a diner I'm sure $10.00 got him a decent meal. I have on occasional given folks money that IMO truly fell on hard times. Back on Thanksgiving, here I am just stepping out of one of my Italian spots in Chelsea having blown $100.00 on a nice dinner and drinks and this dude (white guy) perhaps around my age was sitting out in the cold with nothing. I guess it struck a cord with me because I felt like it could easily be me in that situation. I mean it doesn't take much to be homeless. I know a few folks I went to school with in high school were laid off due to the recession. The guy was clearly frustrated. He said look at me man, I'm not some drug addict or anything. It's one of those things as a New Yorker and a human being you just sense, so I had $10.00 for car service from the express bus in my wallet and just gave him that and told him to get something to eat for himself.

That was really nice what you did for that guy.

Although I am young, I like to help. I have given away money to those who look like they need it.

Problem is, and I've heard and seen this too. There are ppl who pretend like they need help or money, to get money for others. Sad but true and it ruins it for those who genuinely need help. I do admit, I feel better giving my money to charity or organization because I know that my money is definetly helping someone.

LMAO... Well I usually go with my mom's policy, which is if someone is legitimately hungry, I'll get said person some food... When she was alive and we'd go out to eat or we were together and she saw a homeless person or someone asked her for food, she was perfectly fine giving them her food if they were really hungry or just buying them food, whichever they prefer, but she made it clear that it would go no further than that, so it's either food or nothing. Now I'd rather just buy them what they want (within reason).

I think the place that I took the guy to in Williamsburg was some sort of diner so I gave the Latina working there $10.00 and told her to let him get what he wants. In that neck of the woods in a diner I'm sure $10.00 got him a decent meal. I have on occasional given folks money that IMO truly fell on hard times. Back on Thanksgiving, here I am just stepping out of one of my Italian spots in Chelsea having blown $100.00 on a nice dinner and drinks and this dude (white guy) perhaps around my age was sitting out in the cold with nothing. I guess it struck a cord with me because I felt like it could easily be me in that situation. I mean it doesn't take much to be homeless. I know a few folks I went to school with in high school were laid off due to the recession. The guy was clearly frustrated. He said look at me man, I'm not some drug addict or anything. It's one of those things as a New Yorker and a human being you just sense, so I had $10.00 for car service from the express bus in my wallet and just gave him that and told him to get something to eat for himself.

Iono, being that so many of these transports/transients come here to NYC & hustle their way through, I just hate the idea of ending up being "had" by one of those mofo's.... Then again, the ones that are really starving & the ones you'd like to help IMO are a dime a dozen; you can't really spot them out b/c the posers done got too good at their game (as sickening a thought that is)..... In my college years, I used to feel bad for missing out on someone who I could have really helped out... but nowadays, to be honest, I don't think twice about it....

I'm like, if you really need to eat, and you catch me in a good enough mood, I'll give you some food (I almost always have a bag of chips (the dollar ones) or some type of snack in my bookbag)... but money, nah, no dice....

Remember that guy a while back that came here advocating dumpster diving/freeganism...

That was really nice what you did for that guy.

Although I am young, I like to help. I have given away money to those who look like they need it.

Problem is, and I've heard and seen this too. There are ppl who pretend like they need help or money, to get money for others. Sad but true and it ruins it for those who genuinely need help. I do admit, I feel better giving my money to charity or organization because I know that my money is definetly helping someone.

Well same here. I'd rather donate my money. I do donate to a few places for causes I believe in but the thing is unfortunately folks are always out looking for the everyday sucker. I've heard of stories of folks who actually beg as a job.I'd rather give a few bucks to someone playing music in the subway (not those obnoxious folks who go from car to car either). At least they're trying to be productive.

Iono, being that so many of these transports/transients come here to NYC & hustle their way through, I just hate the idea of ending up being "had" by one of those mofo's.... Then again, the ones that are really starving & the ones you'd like to help IMO are a dime a dozen; you can't really spot them out b/c the posers done got too good at their game (as sickening a thought that is)..... In my college years, I used to feel bad for missing out on someone who I could have really helped out... but nowadays, to be honest, I don't think twice about it....

I'm like, if you really need to eat, and you catch me in a good enough mood, I'll give you some food (I almost always have a bag of chips (the dollar ones) or some type of snack in my bookbag)... but money, nah, no dice....

Remember that guy a while back that came here advocating dumpster diving/freeganism...

lol... i know exactly what you mean... Those yuppies hanging out in front of Whole Foods with the damn dogs all over the place... Ugh... They annoy me... I mean if you're legitimately in need of food and homeless that's one thing, but those yuppies... They just like mooching because they think it's cool.

I remember a few months ago I was waiting on Madison & 45th for the local bus going to one my spots for lunch up in the 50s. A black lady came up to me in a rather respectful tone. Very polite and gave me her story. I just sensed that it was BS though. She went on to tell me how she didn't use drugs and all of that. I guess she had to prove to me that she was a decent individual but her randomness and just her body language didn't sit with me, but since she was polite, I let her put on her performance before politely dismissing her. I am one that is very good with body language and I have keen sense of what a person is truly like and what their angle is because just about everyone seems to have one. Just one of those things....

If I sense that an individual is on the prawl, that automatically puts me on notice, and then I just sit back and let them confirm my suspicions because people really do take me for stupid and as a sucker. People see a well dressed professional like myself and they've got to figure out how to approach me. That other black guy that came up to me with the MetroNorth story... That was clearly thought out... I saw him originally eyeing me as he was passing the BxM1 bus shelter there at 3rd and 33rd and gave him the look like **** off but I was standing in the bus shelter so he comes around the other way where the billboards usually are once he saw my Whole Foods bag and probably saw the bus stop sign said "Riverdale", hence his whole story about MetroNorth. I said to myself, real slick with the MetroNorth line, but I know exactly what you're about. <_<

Yeah, my teacher Ms. Barrett once saw a homeless guy, went to the Burger King across the street, got him a value meal, and when she gave it to him, he threw it out. And I have to agree with you VG8. There was this one guy on the 1, and he played his flute(?), and he was a really funny guy, and just said, "Well i'm not good enough to get into an orchestra so i'm pretty much broke" and he played through stops. Nobody gave him any money. I saw him again on the way back and he said "Oh no it's bad luck to see the same person twice". But then he said "You know what, I can't afford to just skip this car." I gave him a quarter or two then, because I could tell he was obviously working hard, and there was just something about him that made me think he needed the money. He ended up getting $45 in that car. (He was only there for two stops. So much for bad luck amirite) And I normally don't give money to homeless people, but I did a few times at TS and GCT. There was this one guy who could barely move. (If he could at all, he was missing a few limbs too) who just sat at the end of the escalators of GCT with a cup day after day. His cup was always empty. Eventually I gave him a few cents. because I felt really bad for him. Then I was at TS, and I saw him there too, except now he had a sign that said something along the lines of "I am one of god's children, please don't turn me away." And I gave him money again, because he had that thing that said "This person really needs it." When I put the money in (it was a paper cup) I saw it was empty still. Also VG8 regarding your original story, if it was that bad, he could've used the money he already had for Metro-North, and then take the 6>S>1 and then use the free transfer for the Bx7. But nevertheless...

Yeah, my teacher Ms. Barrett once saw a homeless guy, went to the Burger King across the street, got him a value meal, and when she gave it to him, he threw it out. And I have to agree with you VG8. There was this one guy on the 1, and he played his flute(?), and he was a really funny guy, and just said, "Well i'm not good enough to get into an orchestra so i'm pretty much broke" and he played through stops. Nobody gave him any money. I saw him again on the way back and he said "Oh no it's bad luck to see the same person twice". But then he said "You know what, I can't afford to just skip this car." I gave him a quarter or two then, because I could tell he was obviously working hard, and there was just something about him that made me think he needed the money. He ended up getting $45 in that car. (He was only there for two stops. So much for bad luck amirite) And I normally don't give money to homeless people, but I did a few times at TS and GCT. There was this one guy who could barely move. (If he could at all, he was missing a few limbs too) who just sat at the end of the escalators of GCT with a cup day after day. His cup was always empty. Eventually I gave him a few cents. because I felt really bad for him. Then I was at TS, and I saw him there too, except now he had a sign that said something along the lines of "I am one of god's children, please don't turn me away." And I gave him money again, because he had that thing that said "This person really needs it." When I put the money in (it was a paper cup) I saw it was empty still. Also VG8 regarding your original story, if it was that bad, he could've used the money he already had for Metro-North, and then take the 6>S>1 and then use the free transfer for the Bx7. But nevertheless...

lol.... I'm well versed with the pan handlers since I've even dealt with them in Europe and in Canada... Also I'll trust that you felt that the crippled guy wasn't running a scam because in Italy we had these gypsies usually from Romania. The husbands would send the wives out to beg and they'd use every sort of trick in the book to try go get money. Oh they're deformed yada yada yada... I remember once I was in Downtown Florence (Italy). Had walked from my apartment to run some errands and was on the way to my university, so I'm on my cell phone and I've got these damn gypsies literally following me down the street talking about "Una moneta, una moneta" (a rough translation would be "some change" since moneta just means coin in Italian) and I'm yelling at them in Italian "NO!! Ho detto di NO!" (NO!! I said NO!!).

This was these womens' (and sometimes childrens') daily livelihood... Begging for money. If they arrived home with none the wives would be beaten by the husbands. I've seen a few of them here in the city and they're all hunched over and such and I think to myself, so they're coming to NYC too now... <_< I don't know if the ones here in the city pickpocket, but the ones in Italy sure as hell would... They will do anything to get money off of you so I always had nothing in my front and back pockets. Always used zip up or buttoned pockets, preferably hidden if possible, so when it come to bums and beggars it's universal but not much different from country to country IMO.