Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm watching MGM on Boomerang, and they're showing the skit about the cab who has a son, and the son wants to be a hotrod and all that jazz...in the end he chooses to be a cab but keeps the hotrod engine.

Love that one but never could catch the title of it

I've seen that cab cartoon... It was real nice to watch... There's a similar one but with a propeller plane that wants to be a jet IIRC...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Man, today was going good, but my evening turned to complete shit. Lately, I've been wondering why I even got into this hobby, but it is posts like these that bring back my interest and leave me waiting for more.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/37243-world-exclusive-speak-peak-2013-rts-legend/?do=findComment&comment=586123

MTS is back! :D

After posting in that brazil hip hop thread yesterday, I decided to hit up a forum I sometimes lurk at (boxden)....

Hold on, where was I when this happened ?

Canibus Choking in a battle vs Dizaster (I don't know who 95% of these no-name battle rappers are, so don't ask.... lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwFDa-MtB0c

Canibus is actually reading off a notepad in a live battle? And worse, he's chokin on HIS OWN RECYCLED lyrics !

I'm LMFAO right now..... This dude's emcee card's just been revoked..... I got Canibus' first two albums on CD... anyone want em, I'll give em to you for 5 bucks a pop....

As a lyricist, I lost all respect for this guy.... I would start singin "old mcdonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o" or just flat out quit before I pull out any sort of medium (on paper, actual picture, cellphone pic, etc.) w/ lyrics on it in a battle.... You aint in the booth recording a track where it's permissable (and encouraged) - You out in the streets pullin that mess..... To use an analogy, this is the equivalent to injecting your ass with steroids right there in the batter's box when you need a run to win it in the bottom of the 9th inning & end up popping up in front of home plate !!

I mean, he never really had street cred, but this is one of the worst things you can do as an emcee.... It's right up there with biting (which is THE cardinal sin in the game).... You know he done fell off in the game when he's even resorting to doing street battles for a couple hundred.... When you're "established", you don't do shit like this..... Let cats who's out there tryna make a name for themselves try to come up by doin street battles.... Canibus done took so many L's after his first album, it aint even funny.....

I know I'm throwin terms out there, so I'll explain:

* biting = deliberately taking someone else's lyrics & rappin them like it's your own; plagiarism...

* choking = pausing (or even quitting) during a battle session, mainly due to the fact that you ran out of concepts, or forgot your lines, or out of fear (of embarrassment)..... Not to be confused with intentional "stop... pause" type of punchlines.....

* recycling = rapping your old lyrics (in part or in full) on a new track... rappers past their prime, and/or one enduring serious "writer's block" often resort to this.....

What's up with Fedex these days? I ordered some stuff from Amazon which was "delivered" yesterday, for want of a better word. I was talking on the phone with a friend, standing 10 feet from my front door, when I heard something fall. I walked further into the house trying to determine the source of the noise and found nothing unusual so I retraced my steps toward the front of my house while I continued my phone call. My friend said to look outside and I did. Lo, and behold, there was my $250+ package, on the front step, in full view for anyone passing by to pick up and walk away with. The Fedex man never rang the bell or knocked on the door. My next door neighbor was pruning some shrubs at the time and witnessed the whole incident. He said the man never reached the front door of the house, instead the Fedex guy flipped the box toward the steps from 5 feet away and walked back to his truck and drove off. Is this the new method of delivery for Fedex or UPS? The much maligned Post Office has never done this to me, either here in NY State ,( in BK or on LI), nor in NC. Fedex and UPS haven't done this to me in NC. I went online to track the package and it said it was "delivered" at 1:30 pm." Delivered" to whom? If my neighbor wasn't a witness to the whole thing it would be my word against the driver's word if I claimed I never received the package Why not leave it with my neighbor with a notation on the website?. Has this happened to anybody else out here?

What's up with Fedex these days? I ordered some stuff from Amazon which was "delivered" yesterday, for want of a better word. I was talking on the phone with a friend, standing 10 feet from my front door, when I heard something fall. I walked further into the house trying to determine the source of the noise and found nothing unusual so I retraced my steps toward the front of my house while I continued my phone call. My friend said to look outside and I did. Lo, and behold, there was my $250+ package, on the front step, in full view for anyone passing by to pick up and walk away with. The Fedex man never rang the bell or knocked on the door. My next door neighbor was pruning some shrubs at the time and witnessed the whole incident. He said the man never reached the front door of the house, instead the Fedex guy flipped the box toward the steps from 5 feet away and walked back to his truck and drove off. Is this the new method of delivery for Fedex or UPS? The much maligned Post Office has never done this to me, either here in NY State ,( in BK or on LI), nor in NC. Fedex and UPS haven't done this to me in NC. I went online to track the package and it said it was "delivered" at 1:30 pm." Delivered" to whom? If my neighbor wasn't a witness to the whole thing it would be my word against the driver's word if I claimed I never received the package Why not leave it with my neighbor with a notation on the website?. Has this happened to anybody else out here?

UPS/Fedex don't really care no more on how they deliver ... I had a smiliar issue...

I ordered something off of Amazon... I asked for express shipping... On the day that it was suppose to be delivered, I never got anything... I go downstairs to see if I can wait for the person and there was a note stating that "Customer not avaliable will try again next business day"

I never once heard my door bell... The front door of my building was opened all day... It's like the UPS guy didn't even bother to do his job correctly... Samething occured the next day... From now on, I order standard mail from Amazon because I simply do not trust UPS/Fedex... I rather wait a few days for my package than risking my package being sent back due to thier unprofessionalism...

If I was still living in an apartment, I'd give UPS/Fedex/etc the address of an uncle that lives in Queens. No way in hell would I trust a package to be left on the steps of an apt building to get swiped. That said, very true about the deliveries. Sometimes they might ring the bell (only if they require a signature), but most of the time they just leave the package on the porch.

After posting in that brazil hip hop thread yesterday, I decided to hit up a forum I sometimes lurk at (boxden)....

Hold on, where was I when this happened ?

Canibus Choking in a battle vs Dizaster (I don't know who 95% of these no-name battle rappers are, so don't ask.... lol)

Canibus is actually reading off a notepad in a live battle? And worse, he's chokin on HIS OWN RECYCLED lyrics !

I'm LMFAO right now..... This dude's emcee card's just been revoked..... I got Canibus' first two albums on CD... anyone want em, I'll give em to you for 5 bucks a pop....

As a lyricist, I lost all respect for this guy.... I would start singin "old mcdonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o" or just flat out quit before I pull out any sort of medium (on paper, actual picture, cellphone pic, etc.) w/ lyrics on it in a battle.... You aint in the booth recording a track where it's permissable (and encouraged) - You out in the streets pullin that mess..... To use an analogy, this is the equivalent to injecting your ass with steroids right there in the batter's box when you need a run to win it in the bottom of the 9th inning & end up popping up in front of home plate !!

I mean, he never really had street cred, but this is one of the worst things you can do as an emcee.... It's right up there with biting (which is THE cardinal sin in the game).... You know he done fell off in the game when he's even resorting to doing street battles for a couple hundred.... When you're "established", you don't do shit like this..... Let cats who's out there tryna make a name for themselves try to come up by doin street battles.... Canibus done took so many L's after his first album, it aint even funny.....

I know I'm throwin terms out there, so I'll explain:

* biting = deliberately taking someone else's lyrics & rappin them like it's your own; plagiarism...

* choking = pausing (or even quitting) during a battle session, mainly due to the fact that you ran out of concepts, or forgot your lines, or out of fear (of embarrassment)..... Not to be confused with intentional "stop... pause" type of punchlines.....

* recycling = rapping your old lyrics (in part or in full) on a new track... rappers past their prime, and/or one enduring serious "writer's block" often resort to this.....

Suprised he was up that long, was expecting them to throw his ass out. LMAO, no comment.

If I was still living in an apartment, I'd give UPS/Fedex/etc the address of an uncle that lives in Queens. No way in hell would I trust a package to be left on the steps of an apt building to get swiped. That said, very true about the deliveries. Sometimes they might ring the bell (only if they require a signature), but most of the time they just leave the package on the porch.

From my experience, UPS/Fedex does not leave the packages in front of an apartment building... They'll take it with them and try again... I hear you though... Never trust anyone with your package in an apartment bulding...

Lol, I would've wrote either 'an arm or a leg' or 'sell my organs on the black market' :D

I'd bet your teacher would say something like: "I'll give you an A for creativity but a F for the assignment" lol... :lol:

--------

Edit: My NovaBus LFS model finally came in today! :)

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

"da boys be mobbin' in Flatbush"

But for real thou, on Church from Kings Hwy to E18th there wouldn't be about three blocks without an officer on post. Sometimes you'd see them in groups of about seven (going to their post I guess?)

A decent number of them are women too... And a few of the women are short at that... Who the hells gonna take them seriously?

Edited by Jamaica Line