Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to activate stealth mode on Safari on a Mac, 

go to the Safari menu, between the Apple menu and File and select  Private Browsing

To clear your cache on Safari, go to the Safari menu, between Apple and File and select Preferences.

Then go to the Privacy tab, and hit the button Remove all Website Data. It'll remind you that it will log you off the sites you are logged into, confirm that and it should log you out.

Says you only have 5,522, sorry.

I meant in this thread lol

Looking forward to it if you get the opportunity to get the shot during your break, lunch, etc.

I can go on break whenever i want, there's no one at my store at that time, epically with this big snow storm coming

I love working overnights

I can go on break whenever i want, there's no one at my store at that time, epically with this big snow storm coming

I love working overnights

Yeah true, I remember when I used to take like a dozen smoke breaks when I had to do overnight shifts before I kicked the habit .

Had a scumbag MTA moment today...

Since yesterday was Thursday, I usually get off the (G) at greenpoint and refill my metrocard from there since it expires that night (I buy it where it expires on payday lol). I look at the machines and all 3 of them weren't taking debit cards. I shrugged it off and I would assume they would fix it by the time I get off work

...fast forward to this morning.

Normally I take the bus home from work since I'm not that much of a rush to get home. I go back down to the train station and ask 3 machines are still messed up. At that moment I was getting pissed off since that meant that I had to run back upstairs to my job and use their ATM machine since they don't take the fee off my card. I do all that and I end up missing the B43. I went back down to the train station and (finally) got my metrocard for the week, and I end up missing the B62. I waited back in the store for the next bus (good thing its right in front of the bus stop), and another B43 came.

Fast forward again to right now...I get off the B43 and walk to the B15 and I get the bus I despise the most...another Xcelsior.

At least this thing has good heat

Yeah true, I remember when I used to take like a dozen smoke breaks when I had to do overnight shifts before I kicked the habit .

I'm still working on kicking that habit...I'm down to a pack a week

Boy, I tell you, this guy is the worst at disguising himself.

If you claim to be ignoring me, ignore me on every forum you go to. Don't join another one and respond to my posts, thinking I won't recognize you because you changed your username. :rolleyes:

Edited by checkmatechamp13

It's an very hard habit to break because of the addiction potential. Not to discourage you in your efforts but tobacco is more addictive then crack! You're doing the right thing bro, cold turkey is not for everyone so cutting down would be the better alternative in this case, take it from me. Schedule the times you smoke and try to smoke two less cigarettes a day while discovering other methods to kill boredom on the job and deal with stress.

I did it cold turkey. I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days, the withdrawal was so horrible! I couldn't even eat! But if you google it the benefits outweighs the pain. It even improves your sexual performance from a pathological perspective let alone the other benefits in terms of making you more attractive to women. No seriously lol I'm telling you a medically proven fact aside from the other health benefits.

Take your time with it, take your vitamins, watch your diet, (No I dont mean starve yourself just avoid fatty foods for a hot minute) cut down on the triggers such as coffee and alcohol until you are sure you can have a drink without the cravings resurfacing. And work out to get the runners high going. That's what i did. Keep it up!

My first random thought:

Don't you love it when you have a disagreement/arguement with a forum member and not a month later they start replying to and liking your posts. Damn, can't you maintain a stance?

My second random thought:

Damn, it's been raining heavily all throughout today. I live next to a drainage canal and it flooded and eventually overflowed into the street. I actually walked through my neighbors yard so I wouldn't have to walk in the flood water. At the very least my house is at a higher elevation than the street.

My first random thought:

Don't you love it when you have a disagreement/arguement with a forum member and not a month later they start replying to and liking your posts. Damn, can't you maintain a stance?

Damn, it's been raining heavily all throughout today. I live next to a drainage canal and it flooded and eventually overflowed into the street. I actually walked through my neighbors yard so I wouldn't have to walk in the flood water. At the very least my house is at a higher elevation than the street.

Unless they're liking the same argument they disagreed to then I don't see that as not having a stance or in another word, a backbone... If anything it shows maturity. It's just an argument, people get over that stuff...

Anyway I was bored and googled random thoughts that came to mind... African models eventually came to mind and I came across this...

tumblr_inline_mhvl05NMoW1qz4rgp.jpg

Beautiful.

Edited by Jamaica Line

My first random thought:

Don't you love it when you have a disagreement/arguement with a forum member and not a month later they start replying to and liking your posts. Damn, can't you maintain a stance?

Unless they're liking the same argument they disagreed to then I don't see that as not having a stance or in another word, a backbone... If anything it shows maturity. It's just an argument, people get over that stuff...

Well stated Jamaica Line. I think another factor plays in Turbo's observation on ppl whom post likes, re points etc. : People do think of points made after the initial disagreement then have the change of heart after musing on the fact or POV expressed and see the person for who he or she is and where they are coming from. 

Edited by realizm

Boy, I tell you, this guy is the worst at disguising himself.

If you claim to be ignoring me, ignore me on every forum you go to. Don't join another one and respond to my posts, thinking I won't recognize you because you changed your username. :rolleyes:

Apparently, he's now a 45 year-old woman. :lol:  (Check that thread)

Sort of reminds me of his poor attempts to disguise himself as a Korean immigrant (Guest18) or just a regular troll like SomeGuy.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

Had a scumbag MTA moment today...

Since yesterday was Thursday, I usually get off the (G) at greenpoint and refill my metrocard from there since it expires that night (I buy it where it expires on payday lol). I look at the machines and all 3 of them weren't taking debit cards. I shrugged it off and I would assume they would fix it by the time I get off work

...fast forward to this morning.

Normally I take the bus home from work since I'm not that much of a rush to get home. I go back down to the train station and ask 3 machines are still messed up. At that moment I was getting pissed off since that meant that I had to run back upstairs to my job and use their ATM machine since they don't take the fee off my card. I do all that and I end up missing the B43. I went back down to the train station and (finally) got my metrocard for the week, and I end up missing the B62. I waited back in the store for the next bus (good thing its right in front of the bus stop), and another B43 came.

Fast forward again to right now...I get off the B43 and walk to the B15 and I get the bus I despise the most...another Xcelsior.

At least this thing has good heat

Ah so I see you have been cutting down, im proud! Next time I see you I'll have a gift for you! :D

Apparently, he's now a 45 year-old woman. :lol:  (Check that thread)

Sort of reminds me of his poor attempts to disguise himself as a Korean immigrant (Guest18) or just a regular troll like SomeGuy.

Damn, I'm not even going to say it.

In the event that 3068 may be viewing this page, or is even perhaps a member here, I'd like address one of his statements. He claims that most Hispanics identify themselves as White, otherwise affiliating themselves as part Caucasian.

I'm here to prove otherwise. In fact I wouldn't consider myself much Hispanic or Latino either as as only a small percentage of my ancesteral backround originates from Spain or Latin America.

As someone from a large ancestry from current day Mexico whose only known record dates back to the 14th century, I don't consider myself White at all. In fact I would consider myself Native American more than anything as nearly 70% of my ancestors are Native North Americans that lived in the area now known as The United Mexican States. The other 30% of my ancestry includes 10% of Spanish ancestry, 5% of Latin American ancestry, 5% of English ancestry, 5% of African ancestry, 3% other North and South American ancestry and 2% Australian ancestry.

Now that everyone reading knows my entire ethnic backround (and how f**ked up it is), you can see why I find the subject of race to be nothing short of complicated bullshit. I could go on but I won't clog the thread further.

Sorry if I read to much into this though. It's a slow night to say the least.

Edited by Turbo19

Man, it's been a while since I posted in this thread. But anyways, I didn't end up going to sleep until after 3:30 last night because I was having a back and forth debate with some people on facebook about music...it's sad how girls get so butthurt when we talk about people like Justin Bieber and One Direction, they make it seem like they're gods and nothing bad can be said about them. Girls these days have such bad taste in music, they only like them for looks. They don't care if they can't sing. Then they get on my case and say the music I listen to (I like alternative rock and classic rock) is bad. The nerve of people lol.

Then I make a status about it and it hits 350 comments, shifting gears from music to transportation all night...I'm still tired cuz I had to wake up at 8.

Man, it's been a while since I posted in this thread. But anyways, I didn't end up going to sleep until after 3:30 last night because I was having a back and forth debate with some people on facebook about music...it's sad how girls get so butthurt when we talk about people like Justin Bieber and One Direction, they make it seem like they're gods and nothing bad can be said about them. Girls these days have such bad taste in music, they only like them for looks. They don't care if they can't sing. Then they get on my case and say the music I listen to (I like alternative rock and classic rock) is bad. The nerve of people lol. Then I make a status about it and it hits 350 comments, shifting gears from music to transportation all night...I'm still tired cuz I had to wake up at 8.

lol... You guys got it bad... I had great music in the 90s... You guys can only relive the greatness...  :lol:

Hell, even the boy bands during the 1990s was better than this garbage we have now. Backstreet Boys and n'Sync...they have talent. One Direction...who the hell are they? The only direction they need to go is right off a bridge and put an end to the misery our poor ears have to deal with, as if it isn't already enough.

I like modern alternative rock artists like Foster the People, Radiohead (they were a hit during the 1990s), Muse, Linkin Park, Vampire Weekend, Weezer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers etc. Classic rock artists I like are Guns N Roses, Queen, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Sublime (when Bradley was still with the band before he died, not really a fan of the new lineup with Rome Ramirez).

But yeah, it's sad how people think that someone that has heavy profanity and talks about b!tches and hoes in 99.9% of the song is music. Smh.

Hell, even the boy bands during the 1990s was better than this garbage we have now. Backstreet Boys and n'Sync...they have talent. One Direction...who the hell are they? The only direction they need to go is right off a bridge and put an end to the misery our poor ears have to deal with, as if it isn't already enough. I like modern alternative rock artists like Foster the People, Radiohead (they were a hit during the 1990s), Muse, Linkin Park, Vampire Weekend, Weezer, Red Hot Chilli Peppers etc. Classic rock artists I like are Guns N Roses, Queen, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Sublime (when Bradley was still with the band before he died, not really a fan of the new lineup with Rome Ramirez). But yeah, it's sad how people think that someone that has heavy profanity and talks about b!tches and hoes in 99.9% of the song is music. Smh.

lol... The mainstream stuff is so sterile these days that it's disgusting.  The rock, metal, alternative and grunge bands that were popular back in the heyday have now went further underground.  Rock has made a comeback but music in general seems to be non-existent which is the real problem.  

I get the sense it's just getting even more sterile, too. We can all agree popular music of the 60-90s was better than popular music now, right? But even if the past three-four years, the top hits used to be stuff like Shaggy, Akon, Sean Kingston, who at least brought a little reggae sound to the billboards to change things up a little (some of Shaggy's early stuff is my jam, It Bun Me comes to mind). These days, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber? Gimme a break...