Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Forgot to mention, while the signal is iffy where me and my famliy live (we love in public housing) I do have luck sometimes as in getting a strong signal or keeping myself logged in certain things (apps come to mind as some internet sites) but I think the sheer number of different signals over here kill the optimum signal sometimes (I haven't had service for 3 days now.)

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I wanted was to get some donuts up the road, but no, the damn bus was well over 40 minutes late.  I just decided to go back home and wake up early tomorrow.  Why can't I even do so much as buy focking milk, grab a sandwich, or visit someone without a car here?

Edited by Joel Up Front

All I wanted was to get some donuts up the road, but no, the damn bus was well over 40 minutes late.  I just decided to go back home and wake up early tomorrow.  Why can't I even do so much as buy focking milk, grab a sandwich, or visit someone without a car here?

That's why I don't like the suburbs that much. A car for groceries, a car for food, a car for school, a car for work. And I gotta wait like three minutes, or push the button, to cross the street.

I got my donuts... but I can't believe how dumb people are behind the wheel especially here.  Why should I be the one looking out when I do so much as walk across someone's driveway or walk across anything that isn't a sidewalk, because the soccer mom in the Range/Land Rover or the bro in the 7" lifted Dodge Ram didn't bother looking out for pedestrians?

Edited by Joel Up Front

It isn't fair if they don't look.

I got the idea that if the idiot isn't looking (I assume that most fast moving cars won't stop in time) I tend to pay attention anyway because trusting the other guy to yeild for you is a REALLY bad idea. That's how most accidents happen: cause somebody wasn't paying attention (ped or driver.)

Is this woman seriously that stupid? She sees her husband/boyfriend/whatever is bleeding, and she's pointing the camera at him and saying "Let me see", instead of uh, I dunno getting help. <_<

** Video Clip**

I understand women are more emotional, but I'm not even questioning her emotion... I'm questioning her Judgment.

I think it's distasteful for that to have even been uploaded anyway (even if that was the *clean* version).... Wouldn't doubt the original author of the video would claim it's for "educational purposes".....

---------------------

.....and with that, I'm going to make a bit of a side rant here.....

This is the society we live in right now; thanks in part of the invention of the almighty cameraphone.... I mean if you made a conscious choice beforehand knowing you're not gonna be of any help, don't help.... But don't rub it in by shooting footage & going WORLLLDDSTAAARRRR, WOOOORLDDSTAAARRRR in the middle of the damn footage for the sake of uploading it on the internet - making yourself look like a jackass in the process....

Yet… NY'ers love Florida.

You do have NY'ers that talk about (and actually go run down to) Florida & make like it's the best thing since sliced bread.... That's true.

Judging by the city data forums, you have those Floridians that'd like to get the heck out of that state.

Edited by B35 via Church

.....and with that, I'm going to make a bit of a side rant here.....

This is the society we live in right now; thanks in part of the invention of the almighty cameraphone.... I mean if you made a conscious choice beforehand knowing you're not gonna be of any help, don't help.... But don't rub it in by shooting footage & going WORLLLDDSTAAARRRR, WOOOORLDDSTAAARRRR in the middle of the damn footage for the sake of uploading it on the internet - making yourself look like a jackass in the process....

Thank you! Glad to know someone else thinks like this... I've always said the same thing bro... Just about every WSHH video has that one jackass who yells that... Or they yell "This is going on worldstar"... Damn fools these days...

Good find...

- Florida & Massachusetts are the funniest ones on here to me....

- The California one I don't get; star f*ckers? that was weak....

I think it's a reference to the adult film actors and actresses over there, since most of the flicks are shot over there.

Thank you! Glad to know someone else thinks like this... I've always said the same thing bro... Just about every WSHH video has that one jackass who yells that... Or they yell "This is going on worldstar"... Damn fools these days...

Agreed.

Edited by alejr88

Should this relate to idiots that also yells out "Youtube!!!" or "Facebook!!!" as well? You decide. ^_^

Edited by Metro CSW

A few times a person drove thru his driveway (garage behind the house) at a pretty fast speed. If I was running past the house, I probably might've been hit cuz that pos has to floor it past the sidewalk and not even give a damn about ppl passing in front of him.

That reminds me of that one time i'm running late for school, so i'm running, and this jackass stops three inches away from me, and then has the nerve to honk, when there's a stops sign right there anyways. Ignoring the fact that there's a stop sign right there, and it's a friggin CROSSWALK, there's a school TWO blocks away, and you shouldn't be speeding like that, not to mention it's a T intersection, with the car being on the I part, with the - part being extraordinarily busy, and if you're on a side street that's a block long, why the hell are you going 30something MPH?

Anyways, the real reason I came here;

Just got two NES synths and a granular sample cycler.... So having fun with those..... (Mainly the sampler, it's amazing how powerful it is, as long as you can tame it.)