Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Hahahahahaha it's all good man. It's been years since I've got into a fight with anyone...last fight I had was with my older brother back in 2008 when I was 16 but that's pretty much it. I kept my cool with strangers but I let them know that it's not serious as they make it out to be.

A few weeks ago people were pushing their way into the subway car before the doors closed...I move in as much as I can and STILL there are people pushing and grazing past me catching an attitude thinking I'm in their way. I just tell them straight up to relax themselves and not make it a big issue that they're making it out to be. I don't tolerate people disrespecting me like that especially strangers in the subway or bus, but I have a way of talking to them to let them know that I'm not looking to fight, but that I'm not going to stand down and just take being pushed around because of their lack of consideration thinking it's all about them and no one else.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm sitting here bored at work doing this 2nd shift (I hate working in the day) and this postal worker I usually see in the mornings comes in and asks me why I'm here in the day. We talk for a bit and come to find out she only 24 and she gave me her number lol

...too bad I can't do nothing with that

Yeah usually in general when a person says that he's gonna "f**k you up", you can usually call it bullsh*t because the punk is nothing more than a bunch of hot funky mouth and cant back up what he says. However if you see that a person is threatening bodily harm and has all the telltale signs (intense bloodshot glare in the eyes, facial expressions, aggressive motions or staging himself into a boxing or grappling stance or reaching into his pocket [for a weapon]) then you know sh*t just got real. But usually people just talking sh*t.

Pardon my french.

Fück that shit lmao :P

So I'm sitting here bored at work doing this 2nd shift (I hate working in the day) and this postal worker I usually see in the mornings comes in and asks me why I'm here in the day. We talk for a bit and come to find out she only 24 and she gave me her number lol

Hmmm.... Guess that means Mrs. Pond would go postal on that postal worker...  :lol:

The awkward moment when you're leaving a store or mall carrying a bunch of bags, running to catch a bus or train and the first assumption is shoplifting. Even worse when in a group of people. (This happened to me and some friends today).

Also...

Lol...I remember a few months ago I was at the Wendys by the SI Mall and I almost got into a fight with some homeless guy because he was asking me to get him something to eat and I was ignoring him. He had a cane and a pushcart on him and then he started to stand over me cuz I was thinking he wanted to fight me...next thing you know I picked my longboard off the floor and stood up to him with my board next ti me to let him know that I had a weapon to use if he tried to start something with me. He walked out of the restaurant disgruntled as hell. I laughed it off afterwards.

You board? Cool, I own a Sector9 (please spare me the crap). Me personally I wouldn't resort to using my board as a weapon for many reasons, but it's probably better than using an actual weapon.

Hmmm.... Guess that means Mrs. Pond would go postal on that postal worker...  :lol:

Lol, Mrs. Fresh Pond.

Fück that shit lmao :P

Hmmm.... Guess that means Mrs. Pond would go postal on that postal worker... :lol:

Uh oh. Lol. 

The awkward moment when you're leaving a store or mall carrying a bunch of bags, running to catch a bus or train and the first assumption is shoplifting. Even worse when in a group of people. (This happened to me and some friends today).

That's f**ked up. The ignorance of some people.

WTF? For some reason, I thought I posted this when I didn't. Anyway......

As time goes on this will probably change, but it takes time to integrate and there also has to be a desire to do so.

....which is true for many immigrant groups. Not just Latinos. There are plenty of Russians and Chinese and other immigrant groups where they don't learn English, or they speak a minimal amount.

Did you catch your bus? :P

Well, seriously, with those 70 minute headways or whatever, I would've been pissed if I had to wait that long because somebody thought I was shoplifting.

On a side note, there's a student in NYC who apparently has one of the longest commutes in the world to/from school: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/in_for_the_long_haul_Vtd5iMfGo73IiFdkbU7KWO

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_wild_outside_the_five_burros_XK1wrI4baDir0qBztEhUoO

It's around 2 and a half hours each way (and part of it is due to the (A) train being out in the Rockaways). To be honest, I thought the longest commute would've been longer than that.

Of course, there's probably a lot of kids who have longer commutes, but they just haven't been able to reach them.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

So I'm sitting here watching TV and reading the BBC and CNN homepages on the PC. Basketball is my favorite sport but I can't get into it tonight. That's because I'm reading about North Korea threatening the US with nuclear warfare. They have cancelled the truce they signed that "ended" the Korean War so technically they are at war with South Korea, the US, and the other UN countries that supported the South Korean government during the war. I was a child when the war was fought but I watch the Military and History channels almost every night. From what I've seen, read, and heard from the vets in my family, the North Koreans would have lost that war decisively if not for the intervention of the Chinese Army and the Soviet pilots who flew aircraft in North Korean airspace. With China and Russia supporting the latest UN sanctions against North Korea does anyone think their leadership is delusional enough to declare war on us? Remember, the US still has troops stationed in South Korea acting as a "tripwire" in case Kim Jung Fruitcake does the "unthinkable" and crosses the 38th parallel. Where do you think this latest move from North Korea is headed? Carry on.

Considering they used footage, from, of all media, Modern Warfare 3, in their "propaganda" video, I don't think we have much to worry about.

By the way, the UN is a bunch of bull****.  All they do is clog Manhattan up and issue sanctions and waste money and time.  I can't name one good thing they've done in the past 50 years.

Yup, it is a useless organization. All they do is screw traffic on the east side. They should've built that damn place in queens near the airport since that's where most of them have to go thru. Leave the traffic to ny'ers. Some places still owes the city millions in parking violations. The us should also cut funding to all countries and focus on our own issues.

That's f**ked up. The ignorance of some people.

I know, right?

Did you catch your bus? :P

Well, seriously, with those 70 minute headways or whatever, I would've been pissed if I had to wait that long because somebody thought I was shoplifting.

Yeah, all that happened was some chick yelling out shoplifter, since I was running toward the bus stop, which very ironically is where ahe came from. I thought we (transit riders) were supposed to stick together, but I guess not.

And the route we were trying to catch has 20 min frequencies, but if we missed that trip we'd also miss our connection which has 60/70 min frequencies. At the vey least it was mid-afternoon and not late at night with the last trip.

Which reminds me, I still have to work on my petitions. Seems like they'll garner many signatures with the kind of operations they're running out here. I don't believe I'd post an online peition, but if I ever started one you'd find it in my signature here.

On a side note, there's a student in NYC who apparently has one of the longest commutes in the world to/from school: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/in_for_the_long_haul_Vtd5iMfGo73IiFdkbU7KWO

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_wild_outside_the_five_burros_XK1wrI4baDir0qBztEhUoO

It's around 2 and a half hours each way (and part of it is due to the (A) train being out in the Rockaways). To be honest, I thought the longest commute would've been longer than that.

Of course, there's probably a lot of kids who have longer commutes, but they just haven't been able to reach them.

Well to be honest while the commute time is long, in reality it's just riding around in climate controlled vehicles. Even he admits others have it worse.

A few weeks ago people were pushing their way into the subway car before the doors closed...I move in as much as I can and STILL there are people pushing and grazing past me catching an attitude thinking I'm in their way. I just tell them straight up to relax themselves and not make it a big issue that they're making it out to be. I don't tolerate people disrespecting me like that especially strangers in the subway or bus, but I have a way of talking to them to let them know that I'm not looking to fight, but that I'm not going to stand down and just take being pushed around because of their lack of consideration thinking it's all about them and no one else.

The f**king geniuses that think that people can move in more when it's impossible. I had that problem on that 2 shuttle bus.

"Does it look like I can move back? What should I do? Stand on the person behind me because you're blind" is what was said that day.

Edited by rr4567

Wow, I'm a conservative and I'm a big supporter of gun rights but that's no worse than the government telling you that you can't own a gun. You want a gun, you have every right to own a gun in this country, but you can't force people to do anything, whether they're forced to buy a gun or turn in their gun(s).

Some of these gun rights advocates are just nuts, they give us a bad name and an opportunity for the liberal media and politicians to smear us even more.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

The f**king geniuses that think that people can move in more when it's impossible. I had that problem on that 2 shuttle bus.

"Does it look like I can move back? What should I do? Stand on the person behind me because you're blind" is what was said that day.

These people are mental cases...I applaud their effort for trying to tell people to move in but sometimes you really can't move any further. It's worse on buses because people don't like to step into the back. Two years ago I was on the S53 which predominately used hybrids at the time and the bus was crushloaded and it wasn't even noon yet...it was 11:00. My guess is a bus may have broken down, but after standing in the front right by the door I told the driver to stop at the next stop and open the back door and I went on through there...there was SO MUCH ROOM and there even was a seat in the back. People are just too damn ignorant sometimes.

These people are mental cases...I applaud their effort for trying to tell people to move in but sometimes you really can't move any further. It's worse on buses because people don't like to step into the back. Two years ago I was on the S53 which predominately used hybrids at the time and the bus was crushloaded and it wasn't even noon yet...it was 11:00. My guess is a bus may have broken down, but after standing in the front right by the door I told the driver to stop at the next stop and open the back door and I went on through there...there was SO MUCH ROOM and there even was a seat in the back. People are just too damn ignorant sometimes.

Tell me about it. mental cases, seriously.

I was on chat talking about this late last night. Let me go into more detail here.....

While coming home on the (A) from work @ late last night this homeless guy comes on the train talking about "I need money from you Americans, I am a proud Vietnam Vet" Then he starts menacing all the Asian passengers on the train. One girl ran to the back of the car cause she was scared shitless. I look more South Indian then Chinese so he initially didn't focus his attention on me. Regardless I totally lost my patience and told him hey first panhandling is illegal as well as harassment, and second shut the f**k up!

He starts with me of course (yeah I looked for it) but I was heated.  I told him,that I never agreed with the Vietnam War and please do us all a favor and stop shoving this shit down our throats. He asks me if I'm Spanish. I said no a**hole I am Chinese you prick. Then he starts talking about war babies and gooks.... Heh. Guess that was directed at me since I am mixed Asian. 

I asked him: "So how many innocent people did you murder in Vietnam and how many young Asian girls did you rape in the line of duty?" Very alarmingly he could not respond.....

He did run off the train. Not sure but I think someone threatened to call the cops. I was talking to a White male/Asian female couple after the fact and they applauded me because they were shocked on the war babies comments. With many smiles from other commuters for shutting this fool up. 

I can understand many men were forced into the war because of the draft and had to either serve or end up in the stockades. But those comments and threatening body language he was displaying was just completely unacceptable.

Real soldiers who support the interests of their country will not say shit like that. rather they will conduct themselves as disciplined men with morals proud of serving the country that they serve. Not act like this guy with the hate.....

I can have a very hot temper particularly with these racists who ruin an otherwise peaceful commute on the train.

Edited by realizm

Tell me about it. mental cases, seriously.

I was on chat talking about this late last night. Let me go into more detail here.....

While coming home on the (A) from work @ late last night this homeless guy comes on the train talking about "I need money from you Americans, I am a proud Vietnam Vet" Then he starts menacing all the Asian passengers on the train. One girl ran to the back of the car cause she was scared shitless. I look more South Indian then Chinese so he initially didn't focus his attention on me. Regardless I totally lost my patience and told him hey first panhandling is illegal as well as harassment, and second shut the f**k up!

He starts with me of course (yeah I looked for it) but I was heated.  I told him,that I never agreed with the Vietnam War and please do us all a favor and stop shoving this shit down our throats. He asks me if I'm Spanish. I said no a**hole I am Chinese you prick. Then he starts talking about war babies and gooks.... Heh. Guess that was directed at me since I am mixed Asian. 

I asked him: "So how many innocent people did you murder in Vietnam and how many young Asian girls did you rape in the line of duty?" Very alarmingly he could not respond.....

He did run off the train. Not sure but I think someone threatened to call the cops. I was talking to a White male/Asian female couple after the fact and they applauded me because they were shocked on the war babies comments. With many smiles from other commuters for shutting this fool up. 

I can understand many men were forced into the war because of the draft and had to either serve or end up in the stockades. But those comments and threatening body language he was displaying was just completely unacceptable.

Real soldiers who support the interests of their country will not say shit like that. rather they will conduct themselves as disciplined men with morals proud of serving the country that they serve. Not act like this guy with the hate.....

I can have a very hot temper particularly with these racists who ruin an otherwise peaceful commute on the train.

I really wish cops would crack down hard on panhandlers because that shit is annoying. Call me cold but I don't want to hear their sob-stories about how they're homeless and trying to get spare change to get them something to eat...for the most part they put themselves in that position. Yes sometimes it's inevitable but why should I give the money I busted my ass for to some decrepit skell?

I remember one time there was this homeless Asian lady on the Staten Island ferry at like 7 in the morning and she was asking people for change...she'd extend her cup with change and hover over them for like a good minute. She did that to me and tapped me on the shoulder and I was like wtf...if I wanted to be a real prick I would have slapped the cup with change out of her hand and have her pick it off the floor.

It's really annoying and I don't know why people continue to shell out their money to them, whether it's 25 cents, 50 cents, a dollar or two or five...I refuse to do it. Lord knows what they use their money for....

It's really annoying and I don't know why people continue to shell out their money to them, whether it's 25 cents, 50 cents, a dollar or two or five...I refuse to do it. Lord knows what they use their money for....

That's what I'm saying. As I told another person here, most of these people are not homeless, that's bullshit, they are scamming naive people for their money taking advantage of the human need to be generous and show sympathy for those "in need". So they can get high. Hey you want to smoke your weed? Cool. I used to smoke pot occasionally. But there's something called getting a job and supporting your own damn habit cause I'm as sure ain't giving my hard earned beer money for your crack fix! You're kidding me?

Straight dope, and I am not ashamed or afraid to say what I am about to say: I know what it is like to be homeless. I've been there because of complications with Bipolar Disorder, unfortunately. Did I take myself on the train peddling and begging for change? Heh, I have way too much pride for that! Hell no!

What did I do? I got myself up, brushed the dirt off my shoulders and started diligently fighting hard to get myself back on my feet despite the pain. Got a job, whatever I can find and went back to college. Many nights eating ramen for dinner, only meal for the day.

Today I am an a IT professional with a beautiful fiancee to come home after work (like today, after I clock out from work at my IT Department). Also have a pending bachelors in Nursing with two semesters to go which I just might finish in the future. Looking back I can't help but be proud of my accomplishments. Hard work and a bit of faith pays off. Always.

They key is to never ever give up on your dreams and as a mindset: Never feel sorry for yourself or consistently blame the world as much as yes the world can be a cruel place! Because it will become a mental trap if you fall into self pity. (I just told my co-worker this a couple of days ago) Cause nobody except for your loved ones could care less. Just keep it moving.

Nuff said!

Edited by realizm

Yep. That's what happened on the shuttle. I was in the front, the bottom was packed and those idiots thought the stairs were a force field, so I don't know why the prick was talking to ME like that. What I said in reply was enough, but I would have cursed the person out if they continued. Though I nearly got into a fight one day because of my words :P

Realism, good job standing up to that racist 'war vet'. I do feel bad for the way they were treated after the war, but that doesn't excuse him harassing people and targeting them specifically for some sick thrill. He doesn't get any sympathies from me.

Yesterday there was a fire at my former apt building on the ues. My uncle who moved in said the floors, below the apt that caught fire, were flooded. Pretty scary to know how close it was and how life happens that fast.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well, I guess the problem is that the people are so used to people not moving in that it's instinctive. Whenever they get onto a crowded bus or train, they assume there's a place for people to move to, and unfortunately, sometimes there truly is no space.

Realism, good job standing up to that racist 'war vet'. I do feel bad for the way they were treated after the war, but that doesn't excuse him harassing people and targeting them specifically for some sick thrill. He doesn't get any sympathies from me.

Yesterday there was a fire at my former apt building on the ues. My uncle who moved in said the floors, below the apt that caught fire, were flooded. Pretty scary to know how close it was and how life happens that fast.

Oh man! My heart goes out to your uncle! He is lucky yo be alive and in good health. this is great! *whew* That was a close call. I can sincerely understand you was worried as f**k over this. He's still with you on this Earth, that is a true blessing.

Edited by realizm