Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Well it was partially on me for not asking more questions and taking more action with them, but unfortunately once my mom showed up and the detectives got involved they started using their intimidation/threatening tactics that got us both under their control. Sad how I was treated like such a terrorist/criminal.

I hope for the same, it's just a question of whether or not Port will give a damn and unfortunately chances are they won't. Port has barely any state oversight from NY or NJ which makes it even worse.

Well with all due respect, why exactly were you at the airport anyway? I mean the only time I'm near an airport is if I'm flying somewhere, otherwise you'll find me as far away from an airport as possible.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well with all due respect, why exactly were you at the airport anyway? I mean the only time I'm near an airport is if I'm flying somewhere, otherwise you'll find me as far away from an airport as possible.

I was stopping in to get mainly some train/bus videos, wasn't planning on spending too much time there. I got stopped in Terminal B by 5 (yes 5) PAPD guys who came from out of nowhere after I took a picture inside, thankfully they didn't try to enforce the photo ban but they didn't like that I was there at all.

My folks will be working on complaints and everything. They deserve everything they get, especially the detectives.

Do not make the same mistake I did when I got stopped by the NCPD by doing nothing afterwards. File as many complaints as you can, take it up to the higher authority in the police department and maybe even file a lawsuit. Unfortunately, they may say they had "probable cause" and the judge may take that since photography isn't allowed on airport grounds, but it always worth a try if you know what you're doing.

Let me ask you this though, did they ever once mention 9/11? If they did, they can go to hell, because that excuse is bullshit.

Edited by Brett

Do not make the same mistake I did when I got stopped by the NCPD by doing nothing afterwards. File as many complaints as you can, take it up to the higher authority in the police department and maybe even file a lawsuit. Unfortunately, they may say they had "probable cause" and the judge may take that since photography isn't allowed on airport grounds, but it always worth a try if you know what you're doing.

Let me ask you this though, did they ever once mention 9/11? If they did, they can go to hell, because that excuse is bullshit.

Yup, they did. :o

We will pursue with Port Authority but the problem is they don't give a damn. They were (I'm assuming) following PA protocols and policies and unfortunately PA is basically a private corporation with little state oversight, so getting through to them and getting something done is gonna be a real challenge. As for photography not being allowed on airport grounds, these guys actually weren't so concerned about that and actually admitted I was doing nothing wrong, I'm not so sure there's a written ban on airport grounds but they do enforce it when they want to. They were simply concerned about me being there in a PUBLIC FACILITY just as public as Penn Station or GCT where the Amtrak/MTA cops don't bother a teenager for just walking in (PAPD is known to do that at the bus terminal as well and it has happened to friends) because I was a teenager there without family, which is absolute bullshit (they thought I might have been a runaway or something, what BS). As "sensitive" the place is, it's just as public as Penn/GCT and owned and operated by a government agency, so me walking in there as a minor doesn't make me a criminal. They say they're trying to prevent runaways, but 1. what kind of runaway goes to the AIRPORT where you need ID and 2. what gives you the right to randomly stop people just because they look young? My friends who were detained in the PABT were just walking through the building, not even taking pics or anything and they were approached by PAPD, suspected of being runaways, taken to the PABT precinct and had their parents called. The legality of these "runaway prevention" stops has to be challenged by someone, IMO it's just as bad if not worse than NYPD Stop-n-Frisk.

They also might say that we consented to searches and everything, which is true only because we were being intimidated and threatened by the detectives and my mom didn't want trouble. Still, that doesn't justify the 3+hour detention at the precinct.

Yup, they did. :o

We will pursue with Port Authority but the problem is they don't give a damn. They were (I'm assuming) following PA protocols and policies and unfortunately PA is basically a private corporation with little state oversight, so getting through to them and getting something done is gonna be a real challenge. As for photography not being allowed on airport grounds, these guys actually weren't so concerned about that and actually admitted I was doing nothing wrong, I'm not so sure there's a written ban on airport grounds but they do enforce it when they want to. They were simply concerned about me being there in a PUBLIC FACILITY just as public as Penn Station or GCT where the Amtrak/MTA cops don't bother a teenager for just walking in (PAPD is known to do that at the bus terminal as well and it has happened to friends) because I was a teenager there without family, which is absolute bullshit (they thought I might have been a runaway or something, what BS). As "sensitive" the place is, it's just as public as Penn/GCT and owned and operated by a government agency, so me walking in there as a minor doesn't make me a criminal. They say they're trying to prevent runaways, but 1. what kind of runaway goes to the AIRPORT where you need ID and 2. what gives you the right to randomly stop people just because they look young? My friends who were detained in the PABT were just walking through the building, not even taking pics or anything and they were approached by PAPD, suspected of being runaways, taken to the PABT precinct and had their parents called. The legality of these "runaway prevention" stops has to be challenged by someone, IMO it's just as bad if not worse than NYPD Stop-n-Frisk.

They also might say that we consented to searches and everything, which is true only because we were being intimidated and threatened by the detectives and my mom didn't want trouble. Still, that doesn't justify the 3+hour detention at the precinct.

Being detained at the PABT?! Now that's one I've never heard of. I've walked through there alone since I was 13, never stopped by any of the rent-a-cops for that.

Being detained at the PABT?! Now that's one I've never heard of. I've walked through there alone since I was 13, never stopped by any of the rent-a-cops for that.

Yup, according to this cop I spoke with at EWR the PABT precinct has its own dedicated unit for "runaway prevention" that does these stops. Apparently they work most commonly during school hours but can show up anytime, IIRC my friends got detained on a Sunday. When I come in on the 139 I usually get out of the building ASAP to avoid a run in with them. I really don't see how that's legal unless they match a missing person report or something like that, and hell about what I said before, this is WORSE than stop and frisk. Stop and frisk, if you're innocent and not carrying anything you shouldn't be, doesn't get you hours locked up in a police precinct or even a holding cell.

And PA cops are far from rentacops, they got the same power as NYPD/Newark PD/NJSP and so on.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

they had to crack my iPhone passcode because I refused to give it to them

From what I've observed when people enter passcodes, they are only 4 digits long, which means 9999 possibilities. A computer can crack that in less than a second. I don't know what options a mobile phone offers, but on my Android, I have the option of using a a pattern lock, numeric pin, or passphrase. Guess which one I chose? (Hint: phone encryption narrows down the choices to 2 possibilities.)

my facebook status LOL

heres the news.... OMG! KIM KARDASHIAN GAVE BIRTH!!! who cares she's only famous cause she made a tape with ray j and her late dad was oj's lawyer and her mom was more importiant than 9-11 rememberance and married bruce jenner... that is all

now the news is gonna have wall to wall coverage over this lol

Edited by BreeddekalbL

@OrionVIIForLife

If the PA doesn't do anything, definitely file a lawsuit, because that definitely sounds like harassment. And hey, if that doesn't work, you could always tell the media about this waste of taxpayer money, and i'm sure they'll jump on that.  :lol:

On another note, in less than 20 hours i'm going to be in a different country, so... yay!  :D

@OrionVIIForLife

If the PA doesn't do anything, definitely file a lawsuit, because that definitely sounds like harassment. And hey, if that doesn't work, you could always tell the media about this waste of taxpayer money, and i'm sure they'll jump on that. :lol:

On another note, in less than 20 hours i'm going to be in a different country, so... yay! :D

Port gets no taxpayer funding, it's basically a private agency. PAPD still needs fo be held accountable as a law enforcement agency responsible for our region's biggest assets.

Anyone else have double quote issues?

It may not be this site. I know because Admin Harry tested it to troubleshoot the hosting software installed on his servers and had no problems. Lags in bandwith times might actually be the be the issue on the user end with their broadband service or it can be the computer itself, again user end. I used to have that problem with cablevision and their hand me down routers they provide, but now I have FiOS and never had that problem ever again.

It may not be this site. I know because Admin Harry tested it to troubleshoot the hosting software installed on his servers and had no problems. Lags in bandwith times might actually be the be the issue on the user end with their broadband service or it can be the computer itself, again user end. I used to have that problem with cablevision and their hand me down routers they provide, but now I have FiOS and never had that problem ever again.

Perhaps it's on my end, near positive it is. I don't care all that much but it's a pain to edit posts and be left with blank ones.

Damn T-Mobile.

Perhaps it's on my end, near positive it is. I don't care all that much but it's a pain to edit posts and be left with blank ones.

Damn T-Mobile.

So you're dealing with two issues here I think. Lag times with T-Mobile being one. The other issue is definitely server end with IP Board as far as I know.

Cool trick: Convert to BBCode mode (the light switch icon) if you have problems like that or hit the 'more reply options' button in the reply to this topic field into a new window to force IP Board to behave itself. (Harry taught me that one) then edit the post if you have issues like that or if the indent or fonts get messed up, say if you are copying and pasting from text from another source.

Or copy what text you wrote (In BBCode mode)to save your work, refresh your browser then repost, pasting the text. MS Word can come in handy to save your work when things go crazy. Hope that helps.

Edited by realizm

So you're dealing with two issues here I think. Lag times with T-Mobile being one. The other issue is definitely server end with IP Board as far as I know.

Cool trick: Convert to BBCode mode (the light switch icon) if you have problems like that or hit the 'more reply options' button in the reply to this topic field into a new window to force IP Board to behave itself. (Harry taught me that one) then edit the post if you have issues like that or if the indent or fonts get messed up, say if you are copying and pasting from text from another source.

Or copy what text you wrote (In BBCode mode)to save your work, refresh your browser then repost, pasting the text. MS Word can come in handy to save your work when things go crazy. Hope that helps.

I'll use BBCode when necessary, but I prefer to avoid doing so. As of now it isn't so bad that I need to resort to anything drastic so here's hoping all is well.

Thanks for the advice though, it's always appreciated.

So, I'm all hung over from yesterday's BBQ. Disappeared from chat. Lots of liquor flowing around with some slamming ass food. I'm suprised that the neighbors did'nt complain about the loud music lol.

For once I can't complain about *this* Monday. On vacation, chillin' getting paid for doing squat diddly shit. Gotta get back to work, new IT contract awarded to me in hmmmm, 3 more weeks? Yeah.

As the saying goes, "Hard work pays off!"

Paying some bills online here, dum dee dum dum....

I'm debating picking up biking again as an alternate form of transportation.

Any suggestions or opinions?

You will have no worries regarding where to chain your bike (or having it stolen) if you just rent one of those new CitiBikes (assuming you are biking in one of those areas).

You will have no worries regarding where to chain your bike (or having it stolen) if you just rent one of those new CitiBikes (assuming you are biking in one of those areas).

Unfortunately no, I will not be able to utilize the CitiBike program, even though I would like nothing more than have the opportunity to do so.

Anyway, I considered biking again as I've been traveling within my locale more often than not, and my local transit services are being disrupted by a long term detour.

Factoring the costs included to purchase a decent mountain bike (estimate of $150 to $200) and estimated lifespan (generally 3 to 5 years for me) I think it'd be worth it.

How Does Kris Jenner Get a talk Show and then Anderson Live get cancelled? Fox tv decided to sign her.

FOX is very much self explanatory in that regard. Many of the affiliates go for programs which generate the most ratings, and assumingly it's believed that ratings for that timeslot will rise with Kris on air.

At this rate however I couldn't give a damn in regard to what FOX airs these days.

FOX is very much self explanatory in that regard. Many of the affiliates go for programs which generate the most ratings, and assumingly it's believed that ratings for that timeslot will rise with Kris on air.

At this rate however I couldn't give a damn in regard to what FOX airs these days.

what is your closest fox affiliate la or sf?

avoid it at 3pm at all costs thats when that thing they call a show airs... 

also i wonder why do the news in californa typically LA air police car chases?

Please, I attempt to avoid FOX (and TV in general) at all costs.

And car chases were something that became popularized proceeding the Los Angeles riots. If anything that infamous OJ chase just fuled the interest of those chases.