Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Christopher Nolan when it comes to the "superhero" films.

I don't. He sure as hell cleaned up the Schumacher crap batman films and Bryan Singer's superman film that was a sickening love letter to the Richard Donner films. It may be heavy on the brooding like Watchmen, but eh I'll take it as this'll probably as close to right as hollywood will get in terms of the characters. Dark Knight rises cleared away the vomit that was Batman and Robin's Bane ('braindead' steroid using muscle) and the Hale Berry Catwoman (s&m costume fighting some cosmetic ceo, wtf?) films.

Edited by Grand Concourse

first off the source you quoted from makes you lose your credibility right there.. secondly since you like to pin stuff on liberals which makes your credibility go down even further.. that is all i will have to say.

I completely admit Alex says some flat out BS, but he actually has the Twitter screenshots in the article this time. The MSM more than likely is completely ignoring this and once these riots happen they'll try to call them "peaceful demonstrations".

I pin things on the left because they are the ones who, over and over again cause this kinda shit. This time, a man who they want behind bars no matter what may be found not guilty and released, and because their guy isn't in prison/dead and was found not guilty by a court of law they go around rioting thinking it will do something about a court decision that was already made, done. When was the last time you heard a Republican call for rioting and looting?

I think Casey Anthony was guilty, and the Court didn't. Did you see me rioting after she was acquitted?

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

So now they're threatening riots if Zimmerman is found innocent...

http://www.infowars.com/trayvon-supporters-threaten-riots-looting-if-zimmerman-aquitted/

Loving, tolerant liberals at work as usual...

Alex Jones pulled this stunt during Obama's reelection.

Stating that he has 'insider information' via Twitter that if Obama was not reelected that according to twitter messages that people will start race riots, presidential assassinations, etc etc. I know that this system is corrupt and there are serious things going on via a shadow government, and so forth, lies about 9/11, the killings of JFK, RFK, MLK, the only now recent closure on Julian Assange and Wikileaks which leaves serious questions for the American public,

....  BUT, Alex Jones has his own agenda of saying anything, flat out falsifying information, to soak up in the limelight. 

Don't listen to this guy or entertain infowars.com I keep on telling you this for the aforementioned reasons and I am saying this as a conspiracy theorist myself. Look into other alternative news sources not affected by US government press committees that enforce censorship of the media and hide the truth.

Alex Jones pulled this stunt during Obama's reelection.

Stating that he has 'insider information' via Twitter that if Obama was not reelected that according to twitter messages that people will start race riots, presidential assassinations, etc etc. I know that this system is corrupt and there are serious things going on via a shadow government, and so forth, lies about 9/11, the killings of JFK, RFK, MLK, the only now recent closure on Julian Assange and Wikileaks which leaves serious questions for the American public,

.... BUT, Alex Jones has his own agenda of saying anything, flat out falsifying information, to soak up in the limelight.

Don't listen to this guy or entertain infowars.com I keep on telling you this for the aforementioned reasons and I am saying this as a conspiracy theorist myself. Look into other alternative news sources not affected by US government press committees that enforce censorship of the media and hide the truth.

Like I said, Alex says some flat out BS most of the time, of course I really don't believe most of that conspiracy stuff anyway. As far as situations like this go (including when he said they would riot if Obama lost) he does bave the Twitter posts fo gack it up, and a lot of them. He never said it's "insider information" that he can't back up, hell I can't stand it when he does that. This time he's got the proof. He's also got a news conference of some sort with the Sandord police chief saying they have a plan if riots were to o cur, this is MSM-covered at least in the local area. Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Trying to cross a side street off Franklin Avenue and Little Mr. Important McDouchebag and his less-than-12-year-old son are in the front.  I'm just walking and the car stops and waits for traffic to let up.  A gap in traffic appears just as I'm halfway across and rather than let me wait, I see him TURNING my way and he hit the gas as if he wanted to run me over.  I gestured at him and he kept going.

Guest Lance

Sooo....this astro tower at Coney Island Luna Park...is swaying...i saw it swaying when i was on the B36.

Police and everything is around

Yeah, they closed a chunk of Luna Park because of it. They were talking about taking at least part of the tower down on the news.

In other news, both MTV and VH1 is playing music all day today. Yeah, I'm just about as shocked as you are.

Fresh Pond, on 03 Jul 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Aliens-meme.jpg

Lololol

Some insight for the mind:

The Roswell Scandal was a hoax developed by the CIA to hide the fact from the Soviets during the Cold War that the Area 51 facility in the Nevada desert was used by the Pentagon and the CIA to develop former secret weapons including the F-117 Stealth Fighter. It no longer exists, the location was moved to an undisclosed location, apparently. The stealth figher existed since the early 80's; it was'nt revealed to the public until the Berlin Wall came down.

There is no direct evidence of Alien life, obviously, only evidence of planets with terrain similar to Earth that can possibly support life with theroretical scientific bioengineering, say if the human race in the far future decides to expand into the final frontier according to NASA research. It theroretically can also can be done with the planets Venus and Mars

No I am not a Star Trek fan, nor a science fiction fan in general, I am talking straight modern science, political history, and astronomy on all points. For the record.

@ Orion: Understood, point well taken on the response.

*Edit: Unavoidable coding errors, I know why this is happening from a tech perspective. I can use FiOS myself.

Edited by realizm

@O7: Same here, so much simpler with fios now. I still have a gripe about the email constantly asking for my passcode every time I come back like 1-2 hrs later.

Yeah, they closed a chunk of Luna Park because of it. They were talking about taking at least part of the tower down on the news.

In other news, both MTV and VH1 is playing music all day today. Yeah, I'm just about as shocked as you are.

At least the screamzone section is gonna be open. I don't get why they need to close down the wonder wheel though (unless things changed from yesterday's reports). As I said on subchat, the tower should've either been kept running or they took the whole thing down. Such a pointless waste of space having it stand to do nothing. It's not like it was the only ride of its kind. Sea World Orlando and such parks have one.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Dammit with these coding errors! I'm using a wireless broadband ISP connection temporarily while I work out a new plan with Verizon and have it installed. Then I swear I am throwing the hotspot modem out the window in my new apt!!!!

No way Harry can fix that, I have to call and scream at my ISP's helpdesk tech tell him I am freaking A+, Net +, Microsoft MCTS, etc etc lev 3 helpdesk tech with more experience then he will ever have in his entire life since he cannot fix the hotspot problem because your network engineers are morons, that he sucks and that he can kiss my ......

*And* contact the BBB.

Had to vent, carry on. Verizon FiOS all the way baby, can't wait!

realizm, on 04 Jul 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

<p>I have a different take on this. From an engineering perspective it is definitely a possible feat to perform the reactivation and rebuild of the former LIRR Rockaway Beach Branch itself, albeit a challenging feat. Why I am more optimistic about this? The record of the Mass Transit agencies of the past and the current MTA shows<br />

<br />

1) The MTA did successfully restore the Franklin Ave Shuttle practically rebuilding it from almost scratch.</p><br />

<br />

2) Historically the IND/NYCTA did it, taking a burned down and destroyed LIRR branch to the Rockaways for service from the Fulton Street Line.<br />

<br />

3)The MTA did it again with the same&nbsp;IND Rockaway line&nbsp;it again after Hurricaine Sandy almost destroyed the line.<br />

<br />

4) On the legal implications: What about the construction of the&nbsp;Airtrain to JFK with minimal disruption from red tape IIRC? Chriytie St connection without the red tape complications? The SAS itself? The former construction and the current construction now in progress? Did I miss anything?<br />

<br />

5) What about MTA reconstruction of the southern half of the IRT 7th Ave the BMT Broadway&nbsp;after WTC was completely destroyed? After the WTC's collapse of 9/11 literally destroyed portions of the infrastructure?<br />

<br />

So what I am really concerned about -is- the <em>NIMBYs or the lawmakers in Albany stopping it</em>, that's the real problems associated with this great idea towards relieving of congestion on the IND QBL. No foamerizm in that, it's just that, to me it's just looking at this realistically. It's doable from an engineering perspective. From a legal standpoint however........</p>

<p> </p>

<p>*Edit: Coding errors edited out of response.</p>

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! Now the QBL thread!?? Forget it. I'll come back later, going to Owl's Head Park. So fustrating.....

Damn, out of rage last night I struck my hand against my wall. At the time I felt nothing and now it's hurting like a mofo.

Freaking self control, I tell you. I'm piratically going insane.

lol

Put ice on it

Edited by realizm

@O7: Same here, so much simpler with fios now. I still have a gripe about the email constantly asking for my passcode every time I come back like 1-2 hrs later.

At least the screamzone section is gonna be open. I don't get why they need to close down the wonder wheel though (unless things changed from yesterday's reports). As I said on subchat, the tower should've either been kept running or they took the whole thing down. Such a pointless waste of space having it stand to do nothing. It's not like it was the only ride of its kind. Sea World Orlando and such parks have one.

Well the reason why they shut it down was because of problems...due to safety...the reason why they didnt choose to remove it, is because its a major brooklyn landmark.