Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Sorry late on this, had no idea Anderson's show was being bumped off for that media whore Jenner. God, it's no escape from that crap. I kinda appreciate TMZ more now because of how funny they report the hollywood crap. That's all you can do now and laugh at the absurdity.

Subways are gonna be drastically lighter in the morning also....

That's the one positive I looked forward to, back when I used to take the (B) to work....

Yeah, I wonder how long would the commute from that part of SI to hamilton hgts is.... I would imagine over 2 hrs easy.....

-----

When I went there (CCNY) for 2 summers interning, the (2) from church to 96th was like an hour & 15 mins & the (1) from 96th to 137th was another 10 (some days I would get off at 125th to stop at mcdonalds for breakfast & walk to CCNY from there, but still).... The xfer b/w the (2) & the (1) in the morning was usually less than 2-3 mins; a lot of times it was instantaneous (that's the one thing I like about the 1; for the most part it's fairly reliable)....

riding the (1) from 137th to south ferry, I would guess that be a 45 min. ride alone....

lol.... I would've been like, wrong college pal (Columbia)....

side note: you do have some professors that teach at multiple schools... I had one like that at Devry; shit worked for me because he would let us out like 45 mins early (of a 3 hr class)....

lol, i remember years back i had a science (bio?) that taught at another university. On the day of my final, she was like 30min late and let the class look at their notes since we can't stay in the class for long (another class had the room booked or something). Worked out great for me because those tests were pretty difficult, so many terms that sounded like they could be answers for another question etc. I took some 2.5hr classes, some were just brutal. I would always take classes that were over 2 days because it's too much to take at once even with the mini break in the middle.

The walk from 125th to 137th, damn, I don't think I can do that more than like once a week. It's not SF hills steep, but i'd use a bus transfer if I had an extra one to use.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for that kid when she (or he, whatever) grows up lol

Lol, I feel bad for any kid born to celebs in Hollywood. Good god, they think it's funny/cute giving their kids 'unique' names. And do they name their pets with normal ones? Like bizzarro world there.

=

Realizm: very sorry to hear about the threat on your life by a relative and then your gf using you for money and killing your kid. To hear that you will endure, you got my support. I dunno what I would've done in your situation. It takes a person of strong will to overcome such horrible situations and keep moving.

Edited by Grand Concourse

@ GC: Thanks man I appreciate that. And yeah no doubt, yeah soon after I get my shit together.

@ peacemak3r: Still loling. Between us I hear you man, I know. Lemmie keep my mouth shut.

OK this forum is not about me, I'll hold my own weight. Carry on people, think I'm gonna grab a couple of beers....

Thought I share this here

I've decided to share my thoughts and feelings about me so here it is

When I was 12 years old, I had many signs of depression and been through a whole lot of shit (Especially during the days my stepdad abuses me). I used to not want to talk to anyone, used to have major breakdowns and couldn't control it at all. Even when I went to therapy, I felt nothing is going to get better. In 2008 I was sent to the hospital for 10 days after attempting suicide in the house. I felt like I don't belong, I'm worthless and I'm not good looking like the other kids and not athletic. In 2010 was the first good news I've had in awhile was my mom divorcing my stepdad and it made me think I can finally live my life without him going at me and my mom. But we ended up staying in Brooklyn for almost a year with my Grandma due to him threatening both me and my mom and my mom had to call the cops on him and investigate. Even staying at my Grandma's house in Brooklyn was hard (Especially commuting to/from school). Then in Summer 2010, I was depressed again because of being lonely and alone all of the time. I used to not call anyone when I was going out and be hanging out on days I wasn't supposed to. I used to cut school in the 2010-2011 school year a whole lot because of being depressed and not happy. In 2011 I finally stopped seeing my old therapist because she wasn't helping me and kept saying me doing photography and riding trains is an illness I got. So I Switched therapist who's in NJ (Still see's her). And its actually better for me. Then in December 2011, I attempted suicide attempt again and ended up in the Hospital for 4 days only though due to good behavior and actually being more calmed. It made me question myself a lot more on who's my friends and who should I trust. During the summer of 2012, I was depressed (Again) but for the last time due to the whole feeling lonely and sad thing again. I made a sad depressing video on YouTube (Which I removed), Other people kept making fun of me for being me and shit. They wanted me to change big time and I used to cry everyday about not being popular. I always dwell about being popular but realizing how I'm special in my own way. So it was in recently (April 2013) I've focused on my dreams not giving a shit about others. And Yes My dad STILLs judges me and curses me out everytime I do photography or spending alone time cursing me out for no reason. The thing I'm impressed with is that me and my dad used to get physical with each other a lot but this year's fight, while my dad wanted to fist fight me, I actually did the smart way and walked out the house because it wasn't worth it. And another great example is when a kid wanted push a kid out the way just to fight and attack me at school during gym. He pushed me on the floor but when he tried to punch me, I was able to grab and hit him in the face for self defense. Then I just walked out not even upset but shaking my head.

I have had people who betrayed me and still wondering who's my friends and who I can trust. I lost respect for a lot of people but learned to be careful. I will keep fighting for my dreams to become a digital photographer and/or cinematographer. My mom accepts me for who I am but my dad doesn't (Still). I've been slowly drifting away from him and can't even call him dad. No one can tell the future. Not even me. I just got to be stronger and do my best. I got to be me, the wonderful person. I will be stronger

People that can't accept hard truth or handle opinions should not post in public forums anymore, nuff' said.  Keyword, PUBLIC.

This is true, but personally I could care less as it seems everyone's life is online in some way. With a good majority of members here belonging to other social media sites and other online communities, it would seem as anyone would be able to form either positive or negative opinions on them easily. To me, I could care less. I wouldn't be able to speak for others.

Also sorry I missed your post Daniel. Thanks for providing some background to what you're experiencing. Sorry that you had to go through that.

At any rate, I'm glad we had that chat yesterday. I found it very meaningful, and for that I thank you.

@Turbo19 - See the problem is people don't know what the word opinion is.  They only seek positive comments.  That's the problem I have to say a lot of people face.

Understandable.

One thing though, if individuals only expect positive feedback while online I have to ask them, what exactly are the smoking, and where can I get some...

@Turbo19 - See the problem is people don't know what the word opinion is.  They only seek positive comments.  That's the problem I have to say a lot of people face.

Let me tell you something since you erased my comment in your status update. Some people who live affluent lives on the outside do not know what it means to have that quality of first, respect and second, empathy for others. Since everything that they ever had was handed up their ass with a silver spoon and on their silver plate, and never had to get down dirty to work for it, or face fiery trials just to survive, develop a apathetic and straight up ignorant attitude full of disrespect which they spill all over the place when they hit the internet. 

People who genuinely go through tough times, survive it and grow from it generally are humbled yet stronger. Compare that with some of these people that if they went through shit will crack like a ceramic tea kettle and fold in seconds. Let me add such people are not as impressionable either. Now that's the hard truth, for real.

Lastly, people have varying opinions on subjects. Sometimes it will not match up with yours, recognize that. And you talk about how some cannot accept opinion......

You think about it.

Edited by realizm

lol, i remember years back i had a science (bio?) that taught at another university. On the day of my final, she was like 30min late and let the class look at their notes since we can't stay in the class for long (another class had the room booked or something). Worked out great for me because those tests were pretty difficult, so many terms that sounded like they could be answers for another question etc. I took some 2.5hr classes, some were just brutal. I would always take classes that were over 2 days because it's too much to take at once even with the mini break in the middle.

The walk from 125th to 137th, damn, I don't think I can do that more than like once a week. It's not SF hills steep, but i'd use a bus transfer if I had an extra one to use.

I actually favored the longer classes b/c chances are, you weren't gonna stay in the class for a longer percentage of the time anyway.... The 3 hour classes were really anywhere from 2hrs & 15 mins - 2hrs & 30 mins on most occasions.... They were classes w/ which the subject matter I was interested in, which helped matters.... But the classes I had that were the typical hour long classes, I was in there for basically the full hour, sometimes even past the full hour (depending on the professor & the course)......

As for that walk, yeh, walking up that incline along broadway as the (1) descends back into the tunnel can be a killer... Same as walking down from platform level to street level at 125th st (1)..... Being that I had to walk up another (steeper) incline to get to amsterdam from broadway, the whole walking up inclines thing is something I ended up gettin used to.....

You learn to give respect. Then you will have respect. That's the hard truth and this ain't no opinion, its' a fact of life. Enough the games with the insulting, antagonizing status updates and posts attacking people's character.

Let me add this: Insulting others, pushing their buttons on the net that you do not know, when you don't even know what that person(s) are going through is a big mistake. That's like grabbing the ears of a rabid pit bull or playing with a canister of gasoline and a match..... the consequences may be so that person may never recover. Some more hard truth and medicine for the mind.

Hopefully someone here gets the point and I can go on to discussing other topics. I'm tired of talking and reading this barrage of internet tough guy crap I have been reading in this thread and on the status updates. For months now, on the status updates.

Edited by realizm

I actually favored the longer classes b/c chances are, you weren't gonna stay in the class for a longer percentage of the time anyway.... The 3 hour classes were really anywhere from 2hrs & 15 mins - 2hrs & 30 mins on most occasions.... They were classes w/ which the subject matter I was interested in, which helped matters.... But the classes I had that were the typical hour long classes, I was in there for basically the full hour, sometimes even past the full hour (depending on the professor & the course)......

As for that walk, yeh, walking up that incline along broadway as the (1) descends back into the tunnel can be a killer... Same as walking down from platform level to street level at 125th st (1)..... Being that I had to walk up another (steeper) incline to get to amsterdam from broadway, the whole walking up inclines thing is something I ended up gettin used to.....

Oic, some of the 2+ hr classes I had were 'required' like some art history, science, etc classes and those were the only choices left since I couldn't get the times I wanted and I didn't want to be stuck with weekend classes or late night ones.

Damn, yeah I would never survive if the escalators there went down. Too much walking all at once. Not that I'm out of shape, but not something I'd want to do on a daily basis. Once in a while, I'll do it, but that's pretty much as far as I'd go on the steep climbs. I'm just glad the road there isn't as steep as some of the ones in SF, now those I wished the sidewalks had steps.

Exactly. I have no respect for you whatsoever at this point. Now, I'm going to make the ultimatum here:

I had to end up in prison over a FB flame and a bitch who killed my unborn child in an abortion as you well don't give a f**k about as I can clearly see. I did it originally out of self defense putting a .45 glock to his f**king head because he threatened to rape her. 

The way you act it reminds me of this filipino kid to tried to assault me in HS. I nearly strangled him to death in the yard.

It's all there in the forums. I lived a hard life more than you can even fanthom or ever dream of in your worst nightmares.

Point? You should learn who you are dealing with here when you diss people on the internet with your so called peacemak3r Colt .45 pistol personna.

It will not be me, you are not worth it, not worth my time and energy to even bother with you so don't panic little honey, little kitten. But I will let you know out of a human heart that if you do not slow down, you may end up with a hardrock or some gansta that neither of us know, pursuing yo ass and he will put you in the hospital. take that from a guy who despite the fact does not like you is actually doing you a favor with a big time reality check. In fact with many dudes who go overboard wilding and shit, I had to tell them my experience to keep them from going to jail or getting shot dead over a flame, or a beef in the streets.

I am not going to repeat myself. How dare you leave such insulting comments with "hard reality" directed at me and the kids on this forum that are not even 21 years of age yet? 

I'm done talking. 
Edited by realizm

Why is it that whenever I'm enjoying myself in a game online, my laptop magically decides it's time to drop my Internet?  My XBox seems to be immune to this except when the adapter overheats, but that only happens once every three weeks or so.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Why is it that whenever I'm enjoying myself in a game online, my laptop magically decides it's time to drop my Internet?  My XBox seems to be immune to this except when the adapter overheats, but that only happens once every three weeks or so.

That very thing used to happen with the first laptop I had (over a decade ago).... I don't know what it was attributed to, but I found it to be an absolute nuisance to say the least.... I would have mp3 downloads (back when those p2p music sharing programs were commonly used) running in the background.... Come to find out when w/e game I was finished with playing, I would see all the downloads canceled... Worse, this was when I had (ughk) AOL & 56k dialup.....

all I will say is he should've stayed in the damn car. I will also say that this trial wouldn't even get attention if both people were of the same race. That's what made it worse, activists like Sharpton adding unnecessary fuel to the fire. That said, again I think the thing that can be said almost totally sure: Zimmerman should not have gotten out to follow the kid. As for the possible criminal history of the kid, well people should stop trying to make him like some sort of saint if he isn't.

=

Finally saw Man of Steel and I loved it. Nolan once again works his magic in rebooting a stale franchise. This one was more like a mix of the 1st 2 movies minus Lex Luthor. Zod was a true threat and the effects of this movie along with the new music score was great. I honestly didn't miss the old superman theme song. I won't spoil the end, but I will say this superman can be as brutal as the Dark knight films.

So now they're threatening riots if Zimmerman is found innocent...

http://www.infowars.com/trayvon-supporters-threaten-riots-looting-if-zimmerman-aquitted/

Loving, tolerant liberals at work as usual...

first off the source you quoted from makes you lose your credibility right there..  secondly since you like to pin stuff on liberals which makes your credibility go down even further..  that is all i will have to say.