Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Forget cars, use public transportation. Stupid gashogs.

I'm sorry for posting about cars in an OFF TOPIC FORUM.  Sorry that cars aren't a form of TRANSPORTATION.  But kids will be kids.

I'm sure your parents drive or own a car, so you're calling them gashogs too I guess.

Edited by peacemak3r

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of which, knowing that you used your personal vehicle even back in NYC, public transit in MD would be a tough sell for you.

Regardless, if you by chance have a rare day to yourself perhaps you may consider getting slightly familiar with the Maryland Transit Administration. With any luck you'll be able to do something in town for the evening and make it back home that same night. At $3.60 for a entire day fare it may be worth checking out.

Just a suggestion. Travel at your own discretion of course.

Thanks for the links, will investigate into it. But the thing is that I am about 10 miles from the nearest bus stop to the Metro. So I'm sure I will have to drive. Alot. The new contract I will start is actually in Washington DC providing tech support in a major hospital starting July 8th. A 45 minute drive from Baltimore County.

No probs. I'll deal with it and adapt. Really I like it where I am at now, beautiful home sitting on 1.5 acres of land in the suburbs. Peaceful and quiet, clean air, with deer running around in the forested areas and such. I can even actually see the stars at night.

This will be the first time I am living in an actual home rather than a dinky 1 bedroom apartment in the Bronx paying $1300 a month for it.....

The scenery is awesome, juniper trees everywhere, and the neighbors , so far, very friendly. Two of them I've met today I found out were born and raised in NYC actually.....

But seriously yeah I will miss the convenience of catching that morning rush (D) down the IND Grand Concourse and CPW flying into Manhattan in minutes in a frenzy running to that timeclock barely making it to work on time. The rat race action. Nothing like New York City.

Edited by realizm

Forget cars, use public transportation. Stupid gashogs.

And yes my friend, NYC is very unique as a city where really you don't need a car, much unlike the rest of the cities, and towns in the Unirted States. I strongly suggest that as you get older to grab that driver's permit. Hey you can drive to the spots in other areas to catch those awesome shots you always posted. Plus trust me, the girls will not leave you alone lol.

Thanks for the links, will investigate into it. But the thing is that I am about 10 miles from the nearest bus stop to the Metro. So I'm sure I will have to drive. Alot. The new contract I will start is actually in Washington DC providing tech support in a major hospital starting July 8th. A 45 minute drive from Baltimore County.

No probs. I'll deal with it and adapt. Really I like it where I am at now, beautiful home sitting on 1.5 acres of land in the suburbs. Peaceful and quiet, clean air, with deer running around in the forested areas and such. I can even actually see the stars at night.

This will be the first time I am living in an actual home rather than a dinky 1 bedroom apartment in the Bronx paying $1300 a month for it.....

The scenery is awesome, juniper trees everywhere, and the neighbors , so far, very friendly. Two of them I've met today I found out were born and raised in NYC actually.....

But seriously yeah I will miss the convenience of catching that morning rush (D) down the IND Grand Concourse and CPW flying into Manhattan in minutes in a frenzy running to that timeclock barely making it to work on time. The rat race action. Nothing like New York City.

Shit, then you're way in the suburbs.

Well it's something different and the lack of nearby transit is just one of the negatives of living there. Just enjoy the positives you couldn't get in the city.

LOL... $1,300 in the Bronx? You could've easily found a nice one bedroom in Riverdale for that.

Guest Charles

Regular Impreza's are garbage...get the WRX.

Camry's are worse but the newer ones are looking pretty nice.

Got rid of the Beamer, looking at used Aston Martin's in the area.

Yup that's right, I got a raise. LOL

Never liked the WRX line, always been a fan of the Lancer Evo instead. Plus, (imo), they've really toned down the WRX's exterior.

LOL... $1,300 in the Bronx? You could've easily found a nice one bedroom in Riverdale for that.

Shit. Oh well. Does'nt matter anymore. I'm chillin' now, taking it easy here in suburbia. Going to take kitten and just drive and continue to figure this area out in a bit.

The warning expired (flash flood warnings still in effect) with the storm heading up northeast and the networks returned to their sceduled evening programs. I used to have nightmares where I ended up caught in a tornado. Still severe thunder though. My lights even flickered for a period of ten minutes.

...... let me stop spamming this thread and have dinner lol. I'm done with my Hurricane Sandy flashback. *whew*

Never liked the WRX line, always been a fan of the Lancer Evo instead. Plus, (imo), they've really toned down the WRX's exterior.

Well between the regular Impreza or the WRX, I'm sure you'd at least choose the WRX.  I myself do like the LanEvo's more.  Buddy had a converted Mirage-Evo IV and converted Evo III!

Suburbs suck man.

Most definitely!

is the amusment park on shore parkway by the belt parkway still there i remember it as nelly bly?

I believe it is still there.  I think they are building a BJ's next to it as well.

They do.  I feel more comfortable in the worst part of Queens than I do the best part of Nassau.

Too quiet in the suburbs, I need some sort of noise.

Had LE Regents today... Wasn't difficult, just really exhausting. Tomorrow's going to be even worse because there's only 34 questions on the Algebra regents, which means even more time just sitting around doing nothing... Not to mention we started 30 minutes late, and I still had an extra 30 minutes before I could leave. (We can't leave until the school day is over)

Although in better news, we find out whether we got the house tomorrow!

Had LE Regents today... Wasn't difficult, just really exhausting. Tomorrow's going to be even worse because there's only 34 questions on the Algebra regents, which means even more time just sitting around doing nothing... Not to mention we started 30 minutes late, and I still had an extra 30 minutes before I could leave. (We can't leave until the school day is over)

Although in better news, we find out whether we got the house tomorrow!

What the hell is LE? Living Environment?  If so that regent was easy as hell back when I took it.  Such a breeze and I hated that subject.

You kids are lucky enough they split up Math B into 3 categories from what I heard.  Back in '06 when I had the Math B regents, I think only 4 kids passed the damn test and not even in the 80's as well.  I for one know I failed the crap out of that Math B regent.

LOL! I wake up to the sound of woodpeckers in the morning when I open the balcony door.  :D  Such is life in the suburbs...  :P

I got deer running around in my backyard. Saw two of them the other day running around in the forested areas. Wow woodpeckers? I know we have blue jays nesting in the Bronx right about now, noticed that.