Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Funny, he still blames me when everyone else on subchat has come to the same conclusion that it is unrealistic to acquire an o5cng. If I was guilty of anything it was for saying what has already been stated by many others. If anything he snapped at me. So he has himself to blame for losing his temper and it seems he still hasn't changed since posting there. Why would we want to put up with that nonsense again? He's never going to listen about the requirements in dealing with a cng bus and he isn't even old enough to work a job to get a salary to save up and buy a diesel bus. Other bus owners have also said they would advise not getting into getting a cng bus, but yet he still wants that bus like it's some sort of 'holy grail'.

Everyone has told that guy the same thing. I even told him it's best he move to California since CNG fueling stations grow on trees there. I don't know what part of that he does not understand. Even then he will have to re-certify the CNG tanks themselves. Heck not too long ago he asked about preserving a Fishbowl. Then flopped back to a CNG bus. 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smh. So how long will it take before he snaps at bound h? If anything those are way worse slams or snide remarks than anything I ever said to him. Will he be reporting him or start attacking him yet?

Ah and the moron chargerdodge has called me a bastard. Wow, that coming from the conspiracy ufo, rfid chip nut. Those two should get a room together. 

Edited by Grand Concourse

There's a fine line about passionate and being downright illogical. He's 12, who's going to sell him a bus (forget a 2nd hand diesel bus, but a cng bus that's full of red tape)? Nothing is getting through to him as he seems hell bent on getting one. So why bother reasoning with him? I can only hope it's a phase, but hey, if he wants to keep wishing and being the butt of jokes from others, then that's his problem. 

I was going to leave him alone, but because he still thinks I was the problem then far as I care he deserves the trashing he gets over there. I think bound is spot on about the kid needing a girl bad.

Hilarious, he's still mad at me, but not at bound for all those 'get a girl' posts. smh...

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well I had a good laugh.

In regard to both of these former members I honestly didn't have much of an issue with either.

In Michael's case I didn't mind him, but he was very obsessive with his requests. Other than that I didn't see him as much of a problem as honestly he didn't seem to hold much discussion outside of the #9800's he coveted so much.

Chargerdodge on the other hand drove me to my breaking point. Sure he possessed the ability to articulate his many points, but he only did it when he wanted to or when it benefited him. Otherwise he would just present one line posts, sometimes irrelevant to the topic at hand. What did piss me off most is when he started using profanity towards members when I basically told him to chill out. I honestly think he was unemployed or something as sometimes he'd log in 100+ posts (which were generally vague or incoherent)in one day. In his defense I did think the now banned Shortline antagonized him too much in regard to his beliefs, but that's another issue.

Like I said, I enjoyed a good laugh or two.

As far as the shittalking about NYCTF from subchat from banned members is concerned:  

The fact of the matter is that whatever people say cannot change the fact that railfanning and busfanning will continue to be a thriving hobby. That will not change. Just remember that the members here has to be careful about what they post here at this point because there are a few members on that site who are experienced internet hackers that frequent that site, I've seen posts that proves it. 

One  administrator actually got trolled by it's very own members (for three years) to the point I believe he had to had to abandon his account on subchat. This was over the wrongful move on the part of the administrator of revealing names on a petition. Some of the names I would imagine possibly can be members of this transit forum.

Remember this site was hijacked before with the nazi bankster links that lead to a malicious site that would infect user's computers as well as the host servers with a trojan if not a worm. So as I was saying from what I've seen, be careful with this before this goes out of control into a -site to site flamewar-.

My two cents.

*(I was'nt aware that the situation on subchat has become worse, hence my post)

Yepp, that train you see up there is part of the same train you see below... Average length for our railroad trains range between 6,500 to 7,500 ft... Thou it isn't uncommon to spot 10,000 ft plus trains in the plains... Lets not forgot these loads aren't hauled by "locomotives" that run on overhead wires like in other countries, but real locomotives - diesel electric. Our passenger train system may not be the best, but our freight system is  in fact the best in the world. 5930.1374348656.jpg

The crossover thing... eh, for futurama, at least it will get the most viewers it'll probably get and maybe draw more people to watch the show, give it a chance and maybe demand another network to give it an 8th season (though doubtful).

For the simpsons-family guy one, meh I haven't really watched either shows in a while. so the only thing that I might tune in for is to see if Peter gets into a fist fight with homer that tops the peter vs the giant chicken. otherwise, don't care.

I've officially moved in my new Long Island house.. It is a nice house that needs some work. There is an attic that I'm gonna work on, it is huge! and I'm gonna make it my new room.

It is way safer out here than it was in Springfield Gardens. It is nice and quiet here and I don't see undesirables walking around at all hours. I don't hear police and sirens every night either!

Transportation wise, it is actually BETTER here. Yes, W Hempstead branch is weekdays only, but I never ride LIRR anyways. (I think it is too much $$$, I'd rather buy a weekly/monthly unlimited and ride NICE Bus). That n15 blows the POS Q85 out of the water. In the three days that I've been using the n15, it has been more reliable (no missing runs) and it doesn't get crushed as bad either, and the ride ain't too bad. Equipment is good (I consider NICE's NGs and 3Gs superior to MTAs.). All is well now and I'm happy :) Although this will be temporary if I end up going to Stony Brook for college next year. I can't believe I'm a senior in HS now either! (I'm still attending school in NYC).

Hope everyone is doing well! :D

I've officially moved in my new Long Island house.. It is a nice house that needs some work. There is an attic that I'm gonna work on, it is huge! and I'm gonna make it my new room.

It is way safer out here than it was in Springfield Gardens. It is nice and quiet here and I don't see undesirables walking around at all hours. I don't hear police and sirens every night either!

Transportation wise, it is actually BETTER here. Yes, W Hempstead branch is weekdays only, but I never ride LIRR anyways. (I think it is too much $$$, I'd rather buy a weekly/monthly unlimited and ride NICE Bus). That n15 blows the POS Q85 out of the water. In the three days that I've been using the n15, it has been more reliable (no missing runs) and it doesn't get crushed as bad either, and the ride ain't too bad. Equipment is good (I consider NICE's NGs and 3Gs superior to MTAs.). All is well now and I'm happy :) Although this will be temporary if I end up going to Stony Brook for college next year. I can't believe I'm a senior in HS now either! (I'm still attending school in NYC).

Glad to hear from you.

Interesting perspective in regard to NICE, but then again compared to the MTA in Queens it's not all that different.

Anyway nice to see you're enjoying LI so far.

Congratulations on opening the new CHTF Long Island division lol

So this new godzilla movie, is it supposed to be a different movie from the other japan made godzilla movies? If this is to help us forget the mess that was the 98 us movie, then i hope it is.

They've been showing the 1998 movie quite a lot recently. Mostly on SciFi and at times on AMC TV. I thought the movie was funny if you ask me. 

It was a bad movie. And an excuse for that pos director to destroy nyc again... Also using a common pregnancy test to see if godzilla was pregnant, wtf? The tv show otoh was much better.

I never saw the TV show. I need to see it.