ATO in effect on the Larry Line going into terminals

RTOMan

In case of those who missed it...

The (L)arry Line has Full ATO in effect going into Rockaway Parkway and 8th Ave..

Meaning...

The train slows down when its about to stop just like a regular station stop...

No timers no crawling(unless the train is in bypass mode then its regular signal protection).

So be on the look out for it and dont panic when the train comes flying into the terminals it will stop...:cool:

It'll save money by not using them :)

Won't be worrying about brake pads when you've got one of these:

img_5737.jpg

Another interesting tidbit:

02/27/1970 -- An IRT train hit a bumper at the Pelham Bay Park station (Bronx), injuring 7. An inquiry found that the train apparently came into the station too fast.

(emphasis mine)

Won't be worrying about brake pads when you've got one of these:

img_5737.jpg

Another interesting tidbit:

(emphasis mine)

My Thoughts as well Joe I wonder where the money go's from the so called cost cutting The Governor on down needs to rein in on the (MTA) another Agency that people are critical of if they weren't a Public Authorities which basically means they arent held accountable for anything and police their own Budget which is sad no real oversight

My Thoughts as well Joe I wonder where the money go's from the so called cost cutting The Governor on down needs to rein in on the (MTA) another Agency that people are critical of if they weren't a Public Authorities which basically means they arent held accountable for anything and police their own Budget which is sad no real oversight

Hey what about that idiot Bloomturd and how everyone in this city approved of the job he was doing, and wanted hiim to return since he would be "tough independent leadership" finally "tackling the MTA"

yeah, I was right...he won the election and it's off to save the day doing something else. Everyone else here who said that Bloomturd was nothing but full of (:)(S) :tdown::mad: was also right... Who the hell voted for him? More important, who the hell DIDN"T vote against him?

Two of those wrecks (R46 1054 which didn't make the renumbering/mid-life overhaul) and R143 8277 were caused by their respective motorpersons suffer unexpected medical episodes the former (1054), a 54-year old motorperson suffering a heart attack and the motorperson of 8277 was suffering a seizure, so that's why they couldn't get the train to properly stop.

I've been riding the (L) with ATO on and I absolutely love it. The East River run between 1 Avenue in Manhattan and Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn is fast. I really like the acceleration when leaving stations. Also, it definitely feels like the train is running automatically.

what, by like 20-30 seconds? i admit it's cool (and scary at the same time) to see trains flying into terminals, but here, safety comes first, and currently, with the flaws still being worked out of the system, it's only a matter of time before something catastrophic happens......

No, not yet. The T/O is still there as you need someone to make sure that people are not on the tracks and in the event of an emergecny. Imagine if there was a fire in the 14th Street tube during rush hour with about 1,000 people on board and only the C/R was there to evac the train. I really don't think it would end too well. It takes at the very least 2 people to evac a train.

No, not yet. The T/O is still there as you need someone to make sure that people are not on the tracks and in the event of an emergecny. Imagine if there was a fire in the 14th Street tube during rush hour with about 1,000 people on board and only the C/R was there to evac the train. I really don't think it would end too well. It takes at the very least 2 people to evac a train.

so whats the train op doing besides folding his arms together, just making sure everything is on the right track? pun

Archived