Its Offical now MTA has to follow the Ruling

RTOMan

wait there rolling back 100M$ of the 200M$ they own?

HHHmmm let me help...

A binding arbitrator awarded the raises to the union in August. But the steep decision was immediately met with a legal challenge by the MTA, which claimed the deciding vote, former frist deputy mayor John Ziccotti, didn't consider the MTA's ability to pay such large sums.

A bit more..

But Sherwood disagreed with the MTA, and said Zuccotti laid out a plan for the payments that largely deals with using MTA money for big-ticket projects to fund the raises.

BTW with the federal "bail-out" money they got they can use a portion of it for operating expenses..

So in way yes...

Did that help a bit?

As an employee I think that the title of this thread is overly optimistic. Granted, a judge ruled in our favor. Now watch as the (MTA), Bloombum, Ray Charles, and the editorial boards let out a collective "hell no" and scream bloody murder. How could you give those lazy, do-nothing, thugs a dime when we have no money and are considering service cuts and layoffs? Those transit workers are out to screw the public!!!. They should be happy to have a job and take whatever we ((MTA)) feel like giving them. It's all their fault that we have to ream the public again. We must appeal this ruling that the traitor Zucotti and the judge issued. I can see the headlines now.

As an employee I think that the title of this thread is overly optimistic. Granted, a judge ruled in our favor. Now watch as the (MTA), Bloombum, Ray Charles, and the editorial boards let out a collective "hell no" and scream bloody murder. How could you give those lazy, do-nothing, thugs a dime when we have no money and are considering service cuts and layoffs? Those transit workers are out to screw the public!!!. They should be happy to have a job and take whatever we ((MTA)) feel like giving them. It's all their fault that we have to ream the public again. We must appeal this ruling that the traitor Zucotti and the judge issued. I can see the headlines now.

You're absolutely right. It's a brilliant strategy. The MTA wastes hundreds of millions of dollars on mismanagement, bad real estate and Wall St investments and "farm out" over priced, over budgeted jobs to outside contractors and deflect all the blame to the workforce. Watch your backs guys/girls,the heat's coming.

Good that you guys got the raises...YOU EARNED EM.

Sadly the public is stupid and will believe this drivel and blame the employees who have no say in decision making for incompetence at the top.

the top management of all companies and organizations just DOES NOT LIVE IN THE WORLD THE REST OF US DO. And no one realizes it, they think they're smart. At GM/Ford/Chrysler they blamed the hourlies who built the auto's they were ordered to build, not the management who decided building gas guzzlers was a good idea when the foreign s*** was focusing on fuel efficiency.

THey blame you guys for running the buses and trains, not the redundant layers of "supervising"...

and these attitudes are why this country is going down the S***er. After all, why make stuff ourselves when we can be lazy, sit in offices and "supervise" and get some foreign a-holes to do it and ship billions out of the country each month to pay for it? Yeah, let's discourage anyone from doing anything. Matter of fact, let's just outsource all the TA operating jobs to some 15 year old kid in Taiwan with a remote control and let HIM run the trains, I heard he only wants $4 an hour which is like 60,000 yen, yeah that's a good idea too...

Idiots...

You guys earned those wages don't let anyone else tell ya otherwise

If they don't put it on a seperate check, you'll be very disappointed in what you get.

I've been there in the past with retroactive pay mixed with the regular paycheck. You'd do better if there was an RDO on it instead!

Bill thats exactly what will happen i remember them doing it before as well...

About time! Riders are complaining about expenses going up & cant afford (MTA) fare increases, but they all seem to forget (MTA) employees are in the same sinking boat, but chained to it-- Some, as myself, CANNOT get a second job for 'safety reason', so my day job is my only legal, on the books employment.. My expenses have skyrocketed as well, I need my raise just as everyone else does.. Those 'bonus checks' people have been getting for years (MTA) employees know nothing about..

This would have been alot easier for the public to accept IF the union did a few simple things.. Publicly list ALL contracts solicited/awarded by the (MTA) in the last year and a half.. Organizations with "no money" don't enter into contractual commitments of MILLIONS of dollars to outside third parties, without having some plan to pay for it. Secondly, Press the MTA to give across the board raises to all employees no matter what agency or level of the structure.. This would NEVER happen because as you climb higher into the (MTA) hierarchy, the yearly compensation raises increase proportionately, with no concern with 'ability to pay'..

For all TWU mermbers, when we hear about the retro checks, you can modify your 401/457 withholding to get the full benefit of the retro.. You can 'guestimate' your amount owed by taking 75% of 2009 earnings, because we didnt get retro on first 3 months, and multiply by the pay increase for 2009 granted in the ruling.. When you hear when the distribution will be, kick up your contribution rate of your deferred comp acct by the dollar amount you calculated, then your retro will be saved, tax free.. I look at it as I never had it, so I won't be any worse off without the lump sum, plus I get to use all the money for the next 20 yrs..

I'm glad to hear they have came to their senses. I do believe the contract was never at risk of being overturned do to the he'll storm it would have caused, so they just wasted time. However, best believe they are going to try and get back us some kind of way. Turning the public against us is a given, they already started (yet again) with talks of cutting the W service (this will screw us on the inside as the next pick will be a headache as people are bumped from jobs and forced to take others) and they're talking about cutting the school kids metro card program. God forbid the scum pen pushers ever have to take a paycut in their 300' thousand dollar salery. :mad:

Good, but I hate how they portray it as "fat raises". I move far more people than L/E's at MNRR and LIRR, but I will still make around $7-8 less than they do. What I am gonna say, will piss some off. But the fact is, when it comes to areas where mostly Caucasians work in this agency, raises won't be that much of a problem, and yes I am talking about MNRR and LIRR. Even if MTA acts as if they won't give them what they ask for, they will. They just do that, so it doesn't seem as if MTA only does this to the mostly Black, and Hispanic NYCTA division. MTA knows their little Nigglets and Spickles, move the majority, but don't want to pay us our fare share, which truly should be far more than LIRR and MNRR. Hell B/O's should make more than LIRR and MNRR L/E's. They are tired of seeing us buy houses, driving nice cars, working in positions that don't require a H.S. (T/O now does), but we have more responsibility than those at MNRR and LIRR, who require that and sometimes college credits, do. We have to know, and have to do cuts and adds. From what I heard, they don't. We have more knowledge of a train, and how it works, than they do. They just operate, we do that, plus alot of some...........

Oh and here is the most hilarious statement MTA has ever made: "Officials are also considering 10 percent pay cuts at the agency, sources said."

Notice, the article says "Officials are also considering 10 percent pay cuts at the agency, sources said." What I keep hearing is that this is for non-unionized workers, including management!

So what a turnaround.

All eyes will be squarely on us, and even the managers for a change (who are usually the ones who still prosper while everything is cut), will now be able to point at us, because they took a hit too like everyone else!

For years, this whole process seemed to be so against us; now all of a sudden, it's a complete reversal! I often wonder if this is deliberate.

Archived