V to Metropolitan? It's possible.

Zman

I must say that one thing has come to mind that would affect RTO employees directly:

Would the new (V) remain in the Queens section, or would it move to the North section to replace the (M)?

I'm gonna try to find out.

YES Please this is already going to have a major domino effect on the pick coming up...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine North, not just because of the equipment (being based out of ENY), but because it will be anchored to the section full time by the off hour shuttle. It would be ridiculous to make that Queens, when it is strictly in North (BMT East) territory (Met-Myrtle).

I imagine North, not just because of the equipment (being based out of ENY), but because it will be anchored to the section full time by the off hour shuttle. It would be ridiculous to make that Queens, when it is strictly in North (BMT East) territory (Met-Myrtle).

Why would it be ridiculous? Back in the early 90's the (J)(L)(M) were all in the Queens section even though the (L) is in the borough for all of what, a block or two? FYI, the (F) back then was part of the South.

• 1 month later...
Why would it be ridiculous? Back in the early 90's the (J)(L)(M) were all in the Queens section even though the (L) is in the borough for all of what, a block or two? FYI, the (F) back then was part of the South.

Still, the (J)(L)(M) were still together (and if the whole subsection were still in Queens district, then it would make sense for the (V) and (V) shuttle to be Queens).

The (F) also goes into South territory, so that would have made some sense as well.

Would the (V) then come from the eny yard and run the 160s that belong to the (M)and what would become of the 46s the (V) uses from the jamaica yard

The Extra R46's are going to Pitkin for R46 service,

Also When I was on an R32 (V), 2 cars had (M) signs and 3672 and 3805, But Like I said Before There is not going to be enough R160A-1's to full the Line BUT when the Option II A-1's comes in there would be No Use on running R32's out there 32 R160A-1's is 4 trainsets , ENY would Just keep extra R42's Out There for the (J) and (Z).

In Overhaul There is Not going to be a need for R32's to roam the (V) when it goes to Metroplitan because your are going to have extra 4 R160's to full the line,the (J)/(Z) would contiune using the R42's with the R160's Unless something changes.

The Extra R46's are going to Pitkin for R46 service,

Also When I was on an R32 (V), 2 cars had (M) signs and 3672 and 3805, But Like I said Before There is not going to be enough R160A-1's to full the Line BUT when the Option II A-1's comes in there would be No Use on running R32's out there 32 R160A-1's is 4 trainsets , ENY would Just keep extra R42's Out There for the (J) and (Z).

In Overhaul There is Not going to be a need for R32's to roam the (V) when it goes to Metroplitan because your are going to have extra 4 R160's to full the line,the (J)/(Z) would contiune using the R42's with the R160's Unless something changes.

When the current A-2 delivery up to 9802 is finished, the CBTC A-1 order should be coming up. By that time, there should be enough R160s for the (V) if it goes through. The R42s may finally kick the bucket once the CBTC sets start arriving, leaving the regular sets on the (J)/(Z) with some added sets from that order.

When the current A-2 delivery up to 9802 is finished, the CBTC A-1 order should be coming up. By that time, there should be enough R160s for the (V) if it goes through.

damn i was hoping for it to run R42 or R32s.wasnt the opt. II R160A-1s suppose to go to the (L)?

damn i was hoping for it to run R42 or R32s.wasnt the opt. II R160A-1s suppose to go to the (L)?

No R42s will touch the (V). Conductor can't be in the middle, the operator cabs in the 4th-5th cars don't have conductors' controls.

When the current A-2 delivery up to 9802 is finished, the CBTC A-1 order should be coming up. By that time, there should be enough R160s for the (V) if it goes through. The R42s may finally kick the bucket once the CBTC sets start arriving, leaving the regular sets on the (J)/(Z) with some added sets from that order.

IINM these cars are normal, not CBTC-equipped.

That is what I was saying, ENY would Mostlikely loose a trainset or two to another Yard, CI is the Only yard that would take the R42's, No Other yard would want them from what I heard from a Supervisor.

Also If you go on the (N) line, You would see R40/42 doors next to a box, That kinda gives it away.

Wow that would be hot seeing a (V) Nassau line

I could see it now This is A (V) train to Metro next stop Bowery st stand clear of the closing doors plz

I see now Chrystie st cut deverts ok I get it my bad

Nice, but the (V) wouldn't stop at The Bowery. :( Essex Street will be the next stop after Broadway-Lafayette.

For the first time since August 27, 1976, a Sixth Avenue train will cross the Willy B..

Wow that would be hot seeing a (V) Nassau line

I could see it now This is A (V) train to Metro next stop Bowery st stand clear of the closing doors plz

I see now Chrystie st cut deverts ok I get it my bad

http://images.nycsubway.org/trackmap/detail-chrystie.png

Yup, the V would not be running thru the Nassau line -> unless it was a reroute. It'll be 6th Av and then the Broadway El and finally Myrtle to Metropolitan.

Archived