V to Metropolitan? It's possible.

Zman

I just want to make something clear on this possible deviation:

THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL

THIS PLAN IS ONLY UNDER CONSIDERATION

NOTHING COULD HAPPEN AND SERVICE WOULD REMAIN AS IS

With all the fighting and speculation that has gone on as a result of my single post (which has grown like a wildfire onto three other boards), I am absolutely kicking myself in the ass for having said anything in the first place. What I MUST DO is keep my mouth shut and keep anything I hear to myself. I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by making things public and all of this commotion has only reinforced this. This is exactly what I get for doing favors: a numbing headache.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL

With all the fighting and speculation that has gone on as a result of my single post (which has grown like a wildfire onto three other boards), I am absolutely kicking myself in the ass for having said anything in the first place. What I MUST DO is keep my mouth shut and keep anything I hear to myself. I have nothing to gain and everything to lose by making things public and all of this commotion has only reinforced this. This is exactly what I get for doing favors: a numbing headache.

Sad but true...railfan imaginations run wild...

Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself, Z. So what if everyone's thoughts and imaginations went off the record? Don't let that stop you from posting anything helpful of the sort, no matter how underappreciated it may seem to others. I surely appreciate everything I can know and learn from a TA employee

Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself, Z. So what if everyone's thoughts and imaginations went off the record? Don't let that stop you from posting anything helpful of the sort, no matter how underappreciated it may seem to others. I surely appreciate everything I can know and learn from a TA employee

So do I! Please, (Z), don't stop posting what you hear because of a bunch of foamers.-_-

As somebody said on Subchat, nothing to kick yourself about. I love the discussion, as it is about possible ideas that have actually been considered (certainly not the same as people's own wild ideas of where things should go). I have always lived for this sort of stuff in my subway interest!

I didn't believe they would ever even consider this, so it is very interesting, and helps inform further suggestions I might come up with.

THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL

Do not blame yourself, some of us value the insider info you post. It's refreshing to get info from the source than second hand info from a railfan.

Please don't let this deter you.

THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL

Well Zman, you just woke up all the foamers out here from their New Years hibernation. I wonder how many people actually read what you originally posted, or did they read parts of it? Simply amazing !!!

...THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL...

I think that's what everybody seems to forget

Its great to hear the (V) possibly going to Metropolitan but I would like hearing the (C) possibly going to Metropolitan also - I know...I know it'll would require switching from 8th Ave tracks to 6th Ave tracks to Nassau St tracks.

That's how you spell nassau...

...After that, then it has to switch AGAIN into the Chrystie connection to get to the Jamaica line. Long story short...FAIL

Well Zman, you just woke up all the foamers out here from their New Years hibernation. I wonder how many people actually read what you originally posted, or did they read parts of it? Simply amazing !!!

I actually read through all of it and I find it amazing yet funny on what people can come up with from just 1 rumor lol.

Two things

1 to Zman: I've lurked on subchat for a few years, and it's essentially become a home to idiocy. You can reiterate how this is only in talks until your finger tips turn purple, yet they will still honest to god believe for whatever reason that you gave them the gospel and should expect to see a V train pull into Myrtle Avenue soon.

2. (With the full acknowledgment and understanding that this isn't written in stone) Those who say that there's not enough R160s on the M for this change miss that the MTA can just put the R46's on a subway line that can operate them and has R160s (The F, E, N, Q, W).

It would be cool though, to see a V train pull in alongside the J, or an M train pull in alongside the F.

I don't see what the big deal is. I figure the new (V) would need only a train or two more worth of 4-car sets, if any at all. When the (M) goes to Bay Parkway, it has about the same amount of stops the (V) would, traveling to Middle Village from Forest Hills. It's around 35 stops.

Who rides (or purposes to ride) the (V), anyway. I've never seen a standing room only V, ever, and I ride the QBL four times a week--once during the evening rush (I'm not a (V) expert, but I've seen a packed (E), (F), or (R)) I like the idea (eliminating an entire line would definitely save money and add cars), the (V) would be more relevant. When someone railfans it on YouTube I go, "Man, nothing special about this line. It's whole route has been done before; by another train." Although, I could see if it allowed the (F) to run express all the way to Jamaica-179th St., that would make it unique. Even still, you'd hope for a RFW on the F to film Hillside Ave. express tracks, so...still, pretty much a copy cat train.

While everyone's ideas MIGHT be nice keep in mind that the MTA can be unpredictable sometimes... So they're deciding whether or not to ax a line and re-route a few. If it does go through everyone will have to adjust accordingly. Change is always happening and you can't stop it!

Two things

1 to Zman: I've lurked on subchat for a few years, and it's essentially become a home to idiocy. You can reiterate how this is only in talks until your finger tips turn purple, yet they will still honest to god believe for whatever reason that you gave them the gospel and should expect to see a V train pull into Myrtle Avenue soon.

2. (With the full acknowledgment and understanding that this isn't written in stone) Those who say that there's not enough R160s on the M for this change miss that the MTA can just put the R46's on a subway line that can operate them and has R160s (The F, E, N, Q, W).

It would be cool though, to see a V train pull in alongside the J, or an M train pull in alongside the F.

Idiocy and the "Im never wrong" attitude...

Thank Goodness Harry keeps that kind of nonsense out of here, the disscussions can get a bit tight they dont get the level of flameage that goes on there.

The (W) 's R160s are also five-car sets, so they can't be used on the Eastern Division. Those 160s would be moved to the (N) or (Q) if the (W) goes the way of the (JFK).

I was aware, it's just that 2Line forgot to include it.

Dumb idea, but: why not just extend the platforms from Essex to Metropolitan to hold 10-car trains?

The only station I think would have a problem would be Metropolitan, but then that way you can have a full 10-car train for the entire line.

That would be too much work. Especially since the majority of the Eastern Division is built on an elevated structure.

Archived