(Z) train saved?

LRG

I just read a post over at SubChat in which a poster reported reading the NY Post read that the (Z) train is no longer on the chopping block. I searched for a news article but couldn't find anything concrete. I'll keep searching and post an article if I come across anything.

I just read a post over at SubChat in which a poster reported reading the NY Post read that the (Z) train is no longer on the chopping block. I searched for a news article but couldn't find anything concrete. I'll keep searching and post an article if I come across anything.

I have two letters as an answer to that:

(:P(S)!

MTA is short on money, Cuts need to be made. M-V combination ALLOWS FOR A BIG SERVICE ENHANCEMENT WHILE CUTTING COSTS.

The W is a case of minimal loss while cutting costs.

If you can find a BIG SERVICE ENHANCEMENT which saves costs, I am sure the MTA would love to hear about it.

Nothing is concrete with the MTA and even more so with RTO until it happens and even then it ain't a done deal.

Total (:P(S)ing, the (MTA) would be better off saving the (W) and keep the (M) & (V) the way it is now.

The goal here is to save money.

If the goal is to save money, then why would keeping the (W) and leaving the (M) and (V) alone be the better decision? Especially seeing as keeping the (W) and leaving the (M) and (V) alone would...not save money.

According to today's New York Post, the (Z) is saved, the (M) is gone, replaced by the extended (V) and Metrocards will be replaced by Smartcards.

"MTA's 175G Hire Will Handle Card Shuffle"

The Post article doesn't say if the (V) will begin this Spring or this Summer and doesn't say when Metrocards will change to Smartcards.

There also is a little good news for the B67, M10 and now BX14.

According to today's New York Post, the (Z) is saved, the (M) is gone, replaced by the extended (V) and Metrocards will be replaced by Smartcards.

The Post article doesn't say if the (V) will begin this Spring or this Summer and doesn't say when Metrocards will change to Smartcards.

smartcards?

smartcards?

You tap your card on the sensor, it deducts money, you go in. It could be done without you taking the card out of your wallet, or even your bag. (don't know if they can make it this good here...) Very convenient and exists in many other cities already.

You tap your card on the sensor, it deducts money, you go in. It could be done without you taking the card out of your wallet, or even your bag. (don't know if they can make it this good here...) Very convenient and exists in many other cities already.

Since the Metrocard is already in a card-shape, I see no difference.

And how do you know? The official word is that its one of the ideas they were considering.

He has stated exactly that before. This is an idea that they are seriously considering, so there is a relatively high change of it happening. This in no way means that it WILL happen though. I don't understand how I have said that countless times before but if I forget to say that just one time everyone gets all down my throat about it...

Then I can call the (V) my stalker, :P!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwNVE37BGVE

He has stated exactly that before. This is an idea that they are seriously considering, so there is a relatively high change of it happening. This in no way means that it WILL happen though. I don't understand how I have said that countless times before but if I forget to say that just one time everyone gets all down my throat about it...

He made it out like it was defenately going to happen

The shape is not the difference here; the technology inside is. New York simply shouldn't be using such outdated technology as Metrocards.

The Metrocard was out dated when it first came to NYC. BART used them when they first opened. Even still, I think they should have kept the token even with metro cards.

I swear they've been saying they'll transition to smartcards soon almost as soon as they introduced the MetroCard!

Since the Metrocard is already in a card-shape, I see no difference.

Instead of swiping it like a metrocard (although I imagine they'll let you do that until they finally replace all the turnstiles), you just tap it against the reader, often without even opening your wallet.

I do not understand why people care so much about what will happen to the (Z). The line gets too much attention when in fact it is nothing more than 6 rush hour peak direction trains each way, almost like the Rockaway Park (A). If they cut the (Z), they can move some of the cars to the (J) and run it more frequently, partially offsetting the longer travel time. I do not get why people get so emotive about a change that might add no more than 5 minutes to their commute.

Archived