Finally! NYCT and MTAB schedules are now one!

Lennyj17

Another part of NYCT and MTAB are merged -- Bus Schdules on the MTA website for NYCT and MTAB are now combined....

THANK YOU GOD....I hated having the schedules in 2 different areas (hey sometimes I cant remember which local route is out of which agency, recently had that brain fart with the Q58).....I think this shows the MTA is pushing ever sooo slighty to combine MTAB and NYCT into one agency, which it should.

Next MTAB buses will start having Front End Ads.....LOL

I have been waiting for this for a while...

Just a note: The SI express busses from X12 on up have incorrect links:

mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/s012cur.pdf

-SHOULD BE-

mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/xpress/x012cur.pdf

...Either that or have a temporary blue stripe that covers the NYCT part and leave "(MTA) [with the space] bus".

sometimes they don't even do that. With most (MTA) Buses that came from NYC Bus, they just peel off the words [New York City]

...but I do agree with you on comboning them as 1 name

I'm still waiting for a bus map (PDF) that shows all 5 boroughs on it.

One for all expresses, and one for all locals... Yeah, wishful thinking, I know....

The express bus inset on the SI map I find confusing...

Anyway, far as updating/merging schedule information the website goes, it's a good start... I don't think it's the end of w/e website changes that may come in the future....

I'm still waiting for a bus map (PDF) that shows all 5 boroughs on it.

One for all expresses, and one for all locals... Yeah, wishful thinking, I know....

A super-map for local buses is too much, as not many routes cross the borough lines.

A super-map for express routes (divided into colors) is something I REALLY want....

sometimes they don't even do that. With most (MTA) Buses that came from NYC Bus, they just peel off the words [New York City]

...but I do agree with you on comboning them as 1 name

They dont even need to do that.....To have the hassel of replacing the names when buses are swapped....Just start labeling it something like

(MTA).info on the backs of the bus to direct customers to the website and on the sides just the (MTA) marker then the unit number and on the D4500's use (MTA) Express Bus then Unit Number.

This way buses can be switched freely without changing the lettering all the time. The People that need to know (public doesnt really care its all MTA) will use the Depot stickers to figure things out or the route is running on.

They dont even need to do that.....To have the hassel of replacing the names when buses are swapped....Just start labeling it something like

(MTA).info on the backs of the bus to direct customers to the website and on the sides just the (MTA) marker then the unit number and on the D4500's use (MTA) Express Bus then Unit Number.

This way buses can be switched freely without changing the lettering all the time. The People that need to know (public doesnt really care its all MTA) will use the Depot stickers to figure things out or the route is running on.

As I said, have (MTA) * NYCT * Bus. And when it is under MTA bus, just have a blue stripe placed over the NYCT part. And if the bus moves back to NYCT, remove the stripe and NYCT is seen again.

For the back of the bus, they'll have to repaint the NYCT name again.

As I said, have (MTA) * NYCT * Bus. And when it is under MTA bus, just have a blue stripe placed over the NYCT part. And if the bus moves back to NYCT, remove the stripe and NYCT is seen again.

For the back of the bus, they'll have to repaint the NYCT name again.

why go thru that hassle as well.....and having (MTA) *BIG SPACE* Bus looks kind of tacky....

We want to eliminate the need of touching the buses at all when they're swapped by the Agencies.

Just using (MTA) then the unit number....This will never need to be touched when buses are swapped and it looks more uniformed. Only thing the MTA needs to worry about changing here is the Depot stickers.

Yes it is a big space, but at least they can re-show the NYCT part. I don't mind. (MTA) bus, that's tacky and has to be changed again down the road.

I understand what you mean, but I like the NYCT name on the bus.

That's true but Regional Bus also covers Long Island now as well. If the system is to be truely regional all the buses will show one name, so changing names on a bus is a non-issue anyway. If the buses just say (MTA) Bus it isn't a misnomer for say, buses on Long Island.

Every bus should say "New York City Bus" not this "MTA Bus" crap

I dont think the MTA can do this....."New York City Bus" is meaning NYCT...MTAB routes are not NYCT (They should be in a perfect world)...You then run into a Union issue - remember the Unions is what kept the MTA from merging the Private Lines into NYCT in the first place which is what the MTA and the city originally wanted to do...but the unions barked a big on about the loss of seniority blah blah blah....

So that's why we have 2 agencies covering the same territory, at least LIB is a completely different region and doesnt over lap with NYCT and MTAB...

I dont think the MTA can do this....."New York City Bus" is meaning NYCT...MTAB routes are not NYCT (They should be in a perfect world)...You then run into a Union issue - remember the Unions is what kept the MTA from merging the Private Lines into NYCT in the first place which is what the MTA and the city originally wanted to do...but the unions barked a big on about the loss of seniority blah blah blah....

So that's why we have 2 agencies covering the same territory, at least LIB is a completely different region and doesnt over lap with NYCT and MTAB...

Hold up, ain't all the NYC depots sans FR, SC and JFK with the TWU?

Archived