Draft M/V Work programs

Eric B

Well basically if the station is just 'plain'/no art work, I don't see what the big deal is. That's a few extra $ for other stuff than 'art work'.

Unlike ADA elevators [which are required for newly rennovated stations - mainly the major stops], the art work really doesn't serve a purpose for the station.

to compare the arts for transit program, to ADA needs, is unfair...

but um, Arts for transit...

I wouldn't say artsy/overly decorated stations are needed... but, it can (and does) help... in having more ppl. utilize the station...

don't think for a second that people don't avoid certain stations b/c they're drab & dingy lookin (or for w/e other reasons), and for lack of better terminology, not to be desired....

I'll give you an example. York st. on the (F).

back in the 80's & 90's, ppl that resided around/at Farragut projects would often backtrack, taking the bus to Jay st, to catch the (F) there, rather than take that 5 min. walk to the York st sta....

Now, that station isn't near as bad as it used to be.... the stench, and the overall condition... yuck (not to mention the dealers that used to frequent the entrance).... but FWIW, now you got the hipsters & the yuppies that actually use that station...

wait IF the (V) gets extended to metropolitan avenue,then whats going to run local for the culver in 2012? i know the (G) wont be enough.

Well it definitely won't be the (V). Once the Middle Village natives get a taste of that one seat ride to the city, they'll fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Chances are, if they implement express service, they'll just have a rush hour system similar to the (7)<7>.

Yeah, it looks like they've scrapped that idea, but it seemed more natural for the

(V). What they should do is put the middle track at 72nd back in the SAS plans, and then run a K from there to Met.

The only other thing they could do is run (E)'s the Church, but I don't see them doing that. They had proposed the "alternating (F)'s" years ago, but that probably wouldn't serve the local stations as well as a separate line in addition to the (G).

wait IF the (V) gets extended to metropolitan avenue,then whats going to run local for the culver in 2012? i know the (G) wont be enough.

Let's deal with that in 2012! There will be many more crises' between now and then, plus by then there will be a new generation of NYCT/MTA suits to deal with it.

This is in line with the question: if the Q replaces the W to Astoria, what serves the Second Ave. subway when it opens!

Let's deal with that in 2012! There will be many more crises' between now and then, plus by then there will be a new generation of NYCT/MTA suits to deal with it.

This is in line with the question: if the Q replaces the W to Astoria, what serves the Second Ave. subway when it opens!

I guess we can deal with that in 2070 or something lol

this is all I heard before:

- the (M) is eliminated.

- the (J)/(Z) skip-stop service stays the same.

- the (V) is extended & runs all times via shuttle on weekends & nights.

- the (V) now has to use less than 75th foot cars, so more crowdings

- the (D)/(N)/® will be alone on the 4th avenue line

- the Crystie street connection will be used since back in 1982 when there were the early versions of the Manhattan bridge construction, when (D) trains had to use it.

so thats what I heard.

The (W)??? Lol :)

If u ask me I would have rehab the upper level of myrtle av have the (M) a full time shuttle.Send the (V) to Kanarsie making all local stop along with the (J) to Bway Junction.Have the (Z) make all local stop from 168-Bway Junction and peak Express from Bway Junction to Broad St and visa versa afternoon.

Back in the day, subway lines construction pace were moving fast and efficient. Now today, it's like people are lazy and slow; WTC site is one perfect example.

When the Culver project is done (I forgot what its called) why does the (V) have to run w/ the (F) when one can just introduce an <F> Culver express and (F) Culver Local. Similar to how the (6) Pelham Local and <6> Pelham Express

Can you post up the Draft M/V train plan.

No, the plan is for internal purposes only. Besides, I will most likely have changes made to the program after I review it. There's always an error here and there to iron out of new work programs.

Archived