R44 Reef Cars

INDman

It would only be too late if the plant was disassembled. I'm sure the workers would not mind having their jobs for another year or two. If they are to halt production when the order is done, what keeps them from starting up again if the money is there?

Is it still too late for the (MTA) get the third option order of R160s right now?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it still too late for the (MTA) get the third option order of R160s right now?

once again there will be NO THIRD OPTION.

and once again, i will post the link:

http://www.pcac.org/nyctrc/meetings-and-minutes/minutes-102009/

In response to Mr. Strauss’ question as to why they just don’t produce more R160 cars, Mr. Grill said that there was a move in the federal stimulus debate to allow non-competitive, sole source procurements but that the effort failed and this process is not typically permitted under federal law.

once again there will be NO THIRD OPTION.

and once again, i will post the link:

http://www.pcac.org/nyctrc/meetings-and-minutes/minutes-102009/

IF (small word, big meaning) the MTA had the money, option 3 R160s could be built. Production is still going on, but if there is no money by the time the last R160 is done, thats it.

I hope when that time come,That Bombardier win both contracts.

Don't get your hopes up. From what I heard, Bombardier may be exempt from future contracts as well as the R188 order because of issues with the R142s and the M7s. The R188 order is also opened to those who built the R142/As, which is Bombardier and Kawasaki, but if Bombardier can't take part, Kawasaki may take the order.

Don't get your hopes up. From what I heard, Bombardier may be exempt from future contracts as well as the R188 order because of issues with the R142s and the M7s. The R188 order is also opened to those who built the R142/As, which is Bombardier and Kawasaki, but if Bombardier can't take part, Kawasaki may take the order.

What about Alstom?

How come the (MTA) didn't purchase a third option order of R160s? In my opinion, i think that the 3rd option order of R160s could of helped to retire the R44's more faster, by having the Jamaica yard send more R46 to the pitkin and 207th yard for (A) and possibly (C) service so that way Jamaica yard could could more R160s in place of the R46 that are given up.

How come the (MTA) didn't purchase a third option order of R160s? In my opinion, i think that the 3rd option order of R160s could of helped to retire the R44's more faster, by having the Jamaica yard send more R46 to the pitkin and 207th yard for (A) and possibly (C) service so that way Jamaica yard could could more R160s in place of the R46 that are given up.

There is NO $$$ for anything right now.

I must ask.What if Kawasaki is tied up with a major order which all three of their facilities is busy,wouldnt that leave them with a last ditch effort to award Bombardier with the contract?

So when the (MTA) gets more money they will be able to purchase the thrid option order of R160s, correct if i am wrong anybody.

I doubt it, if they get any money it might come after production ends then it will have to be another contract.

It wouldn't mean that retirement would be any faster at all, it just means that more cars other than the R44s would be retired. As we have told you numerous times before, STOP thinking about the third option order because the way things are now, they will NOT be ordered and things aren't looking like they will change soon.

What is going to happen with the remaining R32s and R42s, will they also be retiring with the R44s as well?

You asked this to someone already -- R32s and R42s will NOT be going anywhere for another 5 years at most.

Archived