R44 Reef Cars

INDman

When it does come time for them to leave the property after being stripped, the R44s do not fit around back on the tracks near the barge or into Linden Shop. The options on what to do are kinda limited then. Also I have heard that they found that "magic" mineral in them which complicates matters.

What about the South Brooklyn Railway scrapyard?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the South Brooklyn Railway scrapyard?

It could be used, but the TA has ripped up all but 1 track down there. Also there is the money factor and since the TA is broke, they may just store cars OOS at 207th, concourse, and pitkin.

Does anybody know if they're going to give away (if you ask) or sell parts of the R44s? Like the builder plates, car plates, ect?

I don't see why not. They did that with the R32/R42 fleet so it'd be silly for them to not sell off some R44 memorabilia.

I don't see why not. They did that with the R32/R42 fleet so it'd be silly for them to not sell off some R44 memorabilia.

It might be a while before that happens. Since there is no money to scrap the cars and they are still working out logistical kinks, the R44s will be put in storage at several different yards. ALL R44s will be off the road by the end of this September.

People who are the fan of R44 like to see if mta subway sell the medal plate car number of R44 rooster car number. and the medal plate where r44 have been rebuilt.
If they were selling R44 parts I would like the following...

1) Morrison-Knudsen and (NYCT) Rebuilder plates

2)LCD destination display.

3)Westcode control console

4) Car # plate(No specific number)

5417 ftw

Also, that photo shows slants on the barge, I don't think any were on the last one.

Hmmm...you're right. A significant number too...the last bulk of Slants were removed back in September or October IIRC.

2) you'll likely be able to get them after the R46s are retired as they could use some working displays from the R44s and replace their broken ones.

Archived