What would have happened to 5733 - 5765?

LandoftheLost

The 1000 series artics are before the 5700's.......

I wish the MTA would have the 1000's overhauled and sent to Qns or BK who desprately need them rather that scrap them....MTA had no problem overhauling the RTS's to extend their lives. The same should be done for Artics which is more greatly needed in this city than any 40 ft'ers.

I wish the MTA would have the 1000's overhauled and sent to Qns or BK who desprately need them rather that scrap them....MTA had no problem overhauling the RTS's to extend their lives. The same should be done for Artics which is more greatly needed in this city than any 40 ft'ers.

I thought they were rehabing the 1000s?

The 1000 series are getting rehabbed, not getting scrapped. The ex-SBS buses would come back to MJQ.

Seeing as the BP driver are already trained on Artics...They probably are the first up....But JFK and CS should be the immedate next 2 in line...the 1000's sent to BP will probably either retire the Beeline O5's or BP would give up some of its O7's to LGA to retire some RTSs or maybe CS to retire some O5's...

Just a theory

What is being done right now is that they are overhauling the 1000's and scrapping those that aren't worth keeping for the next few years.

Flatbush needs artics, since it has 3 of the top 10 busiest routes in the city.

If they don't retire those buses, I hope that they would sent to the Flatbush Depot. They're in need of some artics right now.

Uh, no:

2-door artics do not equal 2 40' buses. The MTA will just use artics as an excuse to run fewer buses and 2-door artics are terrible for traffic flow. People still have this bad habbit to exit via the front of the bus than to exit via the back.

Now if you mean the Nova artics that have 3 sets of doors, then maybe.

No one really knows right now. I would think that at least some would remain in SBS and eventually go to the M15.

Keep in mind though that the LFSAs can go on any route that the Gun Hill dispatcher wants it placed (except for 1200).

As of late, they have been seen on the Bx5. This makes me wonder, considering that the (5) shuttle is this weekend, would the LFSAs see their first shuttle line work?

2-door artics do not equal 2 40' buses. The MTA will just use artics as an excuse to run fewer buses and 2-door artics are terrible for traffic flow. People still have this bad habbit to exit via the front of the bus than to exit via the back.

According to what I've seen, people have been entering via the back & exiting via the front which is really unacceptable

However, the artics need to be three-door WITH fare-inspectors:eek::tup:

These fare inspectors are just gonna ticket these people which doesn't teach these people & I've never even seen one of those inspectors.

According to what I've seen, people have been entering via the back & exiting via the front which is really unacceptable

These fare inspectors are just gonna ticket these people which doesn't teach these people & I've never even seen one of those inspectors.

If it doesn't teach them, what does it do?

Sorry to go off-topic but I don't see any articulated buses going to Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island anytime soon. I do believe articulated buses have been used in Brooklyn and Queens before, most likely for shuttle service.

Sorry to go off-topic but I don't see any articulated buses going to Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island anytime soon. I do believe articulated buses have been used in Brooklyn and Queens before, most likely for shuttle service.

Well BP in Queens is already qualified for Artics....So them getting Artics is nothing more thant the MTA sending them there...

I dont know if any other BK or Qns Depots are qualified for Artics...but I know there are a number of depots that COULD handle them.

Archived