Bus drivers please read, for it will help others on this site

Chris Frusci

We want a full page report by midnight tonight or else...B)

Hi every body & Chief Locomotion69 :). Today was a long day for me. I got there at 7:30. I was there until 3:45 pm. It was a lot of people there.

Now it may not take that long for every body.

Here's the thing. You'll be there for sometime. But If you get there a hour to a hour 1/2 before hand. And make sure you fill out all of the papper work they send you. before you get there. You might be able to get out about 2:00pm.

If you can't remember your work history for the past ten years. Do yourself a favor. Go down to the social security office and get a print out of it.

(Don't put down off the book jobs) doing it like that will give you what you'll need to keep you from having to do any guess work. Which could drive you crazy. For any of the time that you wasn't working.

After you get your print out from the SS. office. where there are gaps Just put the date (mm/yy) of the last Job to the next time you worked. Just put unemployed ( To tell them how you was being supported during that time. you can put by means of your Saving, Family/Friends. Public Asst. Unemployment Labor Dept. all if they apply to you.) Don't break it up. like from 2/01 to 4/02 you was receiving Unemployment & 5/02 to 8/02 you was receiving Public asst. and so on. They will have you change it & tell you it's still all unempolyment. So you would just put 2/01 to 8/02. Unemployed. I was being supported by......

For those of you who don't have your permit. GO GET IT Before your report date. Because they will tell you to go get it and call them back so they can let you know when you can come in if they are still calling for B/O. FOR REAL.

I've watched them send people away telling them they need to get it.

When you get to the fifth floor they will give you a #. They will tell you to take out your License (CDL Permit). If you don't have it they will send you to the front so they can take down your info. & tell you what you will need to do in order to continue. So if you don't have it. "Please go get it"

And for those who have pendding tickets. You have to take care of it before you get there. Because they will put you on hold. so handle that (FR) if you lie they will find out. And it will be a rap for you. No kidding.

If you have tickets from out of state that are not paid. pay them and don't lie about it. I herd them telling a few people that. the most important thing is. You can not have more then four points on your license. And it takes 3yrs for points to be clear with transit.

They will ask you where you lived for the past ten years. You have to bring your social security card & brith certificate. they want to see it.

When they call your number you will give them your report letter. along with your paper work. they will take your license the first time you go to the front. They will give you just a few more forms to fill out. it's not a lot at all. I think it was just five pages which you have to put your signature, date, ss #. maybe a few more things but it's not much at all. they will ask you for two numbers so they can call you for the next part.

Then when thats done. They will send you to the lab. for your Drug & Alcohol

test. when thats done. they will send you back to the front to let them know that you finished with the lab work. They will ask you for your name. They'll tell you. when your called back for the next part, Bring in Breakfast, Lunch, and a snack. Because you will be there all day 7:30 am to 5:30 or so. They will not let you leave once your there, On that day.

(MPO) By all means bring something to eat. But don't eat nothing until after your medical is done. Because you don't want your pressure or suger to go up. Don't drink coffee b/c it will affect your hart beat. (If you have to eat because your on medication then do what you have to do. Just let them know. And have a up to date letter from your doctor that clears you for that type of work.) So they don't hold you back.

Chief Loco :) LOL I think I covered everything. Let me know if I past LOL;)

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O BTW When you report, There will be a lot of people there. Remember every body you see there. ARE NOT waiting to come in. Some of them are B/O's already. They maybe there for labs. Or Promption. And some are there for the survey.

O BTW When you report, There will be a lot of people there. Remember every body you see there. ARE NOT waiting to come in. Some of them are B/O's already. They maybe there for labs. Or Promption. And some are there for the survey.

Thanks for all the info Lovelyday! Anyone else there for 5025? If so do you know round about of maybe what number they are calling to?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info Lovelyday! Anyone else there for 5025? If so do you know round about of maybe what number they are calling to?

Thanks!

I went on tuesday , and basicaly the same as LovelyDay described.

my number in low 600

you will be called to 180 livingston by next week so wait for the call your results will be back by then watch and by the way good luck and just drive the way mta wants you to and you should be just fine im a b/o out of fresh pond

I went on tuesday , and basicaly the same as LovelyDay described.

my number in low 600

Your number was reinstated then for 5025?

I was wondering if any higher up numbers have been called as well...

above 2795(which was the last hired)

Thanks

Your number was reinstated then for 5025?

I was wondering if any higher up numbers have been called as well...

above 2795(which was the last hired)

Thanks

Yes my number was reinstated

I just got a call to come back on friday of next week for the next step.

And dont tell them you drink or snore or have a family history of diabetes or anything these morons will nitpick you to death....BTW Good Luck...the job sucks and you'll find out what its like to have no life unless you like PM 's and mid week RDO's

QUIT. hand in your salary, your medical benefits and so on.. Go find something better. Don't come on here and bash the hell out of a job that pays bill and so on. your in a seniority work atmosphere adapt to it. It will get better when time goes on, suffer now, relax later...

P. S about the medical part year it is a grueling task, but honestly for yours and others safety would you want someone who drives 40,000 pounds of machinery to fall asleep, have a heart attack or have a seazer( sorry for bad spelling) behind the wheel? I wouldn't. just think of it as a reminder to keep in shape in life.

QUIT. hand in your salary, your medical benefits and so on.. Go find something better. Don't come on here and bash the hell out of a job that pays bill and so on. your in a seniority work atmosphere adapt to it. It will get better when time goes on, suffer now, relax later...

P. S about the medical part year it is a grueling task, but honestly for yours and others safety would you want someone who drives 40,000 pounds of machinery to fall asleep, have a heart attack or have a seazer( sorry for bad spelling) behind the wheel? I wouldn't. just think of it as a reminder to keep in shape in life.

Well said MTA... job security is crucial in this and any economy. You have to put up with crap wherever you go. I was laid off after 25 years. It reminds me of the people at the temp job I was working at Jersey City who complained that they're Christmas bonus wasn't as big as the previous year. People take too much for granted. They should know what it is to look for work these days especially people in their 40's or older.

Well said MTA... job security is crucial in this and any economy. You have to put up with crap wherever you go. I was laid off after 25 years. It reminds me of the people at the temp job I was working at Jersey City who complained that they're Christmas bonus wasn't as big as the previous year. People take too much for granted. They should know what it is to look for work these days especially people in their 40's or older.

Thank You, i am sorry for venting but its true. People who complain about this job or any job , in reality dont deserve it. Who can actually say every morning " wow i cannot wait to go to work today" not every body unless you make 7 figures. Like i said in other post, take the good with the bad, suffer now, but relax later. I am sorry my mother and father are from italy and work 6-7 days a week, it only makes a person better, its sad but Yes you do have to alter your life around this job, but everyday you will have a bus to take out and make money.

got a letter from the mta nyct i`m taking the boss survey on teusday june 16 at 1:30 pm. any advice would help alot so please help me. what may they ask u. exam 8006 list number 3514.

no studying needed. basic everyday life, work place, personality questions. if your not a physco killer you should be fine.

got a letter from the mta nyct i`m taking the boss survey on teusday june 16 at 1:30 pm. any advice would help alot so please help me. what may they ask u. exam 8006 list number 3514.

hi igor i have some answer and questions for the boss

i was taking the boss last week may 28 for the exam 8006

is not hard, the boss is 75 questions you have 1:15 to do it

last year i take the boss for mastoba exam 2801 this are the same questions.

this are two questions for the boss.

1-how do you normally calm yourself whenyou are upset?

a-go for a walk

b-exercise

c-sit quitly

d-talk to some one

e-punch something

the best answer is d

one more

how does the responsability for a difficult decision affets you?

a-i find it stimulating

b- i find it disturbing

c-it make me cautiousn

d-it doesn't affect me

e-it gives me a headache

the best answer is d.

i hope that this help

just take the best answer.

(K)<R>This is why also why I wanna be a T/O this thread started out B/O and boom T/O took it over LOL ahhh If you score well high you will get called however like in our depot C PT we have MaBstoa and Transit B/O due to the option that (MTA)BUS gave to these operators to start earlier so just a little feedback<4>ya all and T/O's much respect to all (K)<R>

(K)<R>This is why also why I wanna be a T/O this thread started out B/O and boom T/O took it over LOL ahhh If you score well high you will get called however like in our depot C PT we have MaBstoa and Transit B/O due to the option that (MTA)BUS gave to these operators to start earlier so just a little feedback<4>ya all and T/O's much respect to all (K)<R>

That is all very good but keep in mind that most B/O's who switch to become T/O's go back to being a B/O or if they don't they regret it. This has been mentioned before on the forums from people who are employed by NYCT.

chris,

I was wondering

I took exam 8006 list number a little above 2000

I got called for my boss exam 6/2

any idea when (IF), I may be called for my medical??

also, any preference ( in terms of EEO data) given to female???

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Talked with the union today. list 5025# will be hiring the remaining 1800 left on list. 3 classes have already started. 40 open spots in staten island. 8006 will start after those 1800 have been reached.

Thanks for the update... Sounds like a looonnnggg wait for us on the 8006, especially in the hope of staten island. I know it has been long on the 5025 also... Hang in there people-

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

Thanks for the update... Sounds like a looonnnggg wait for us on the 8006, especially in the hope of staten island. I know it has been long on the 5025 also... Hang in there people-

3 classes of how many? 50,75,100? This bit of news that MTA Hopeful just gave us sounds promising to me. #5025 list will end before it expires in the fall of 2011.

Archived