New "Doomsday Cut" Maps Are Online

RTS CNG Command

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably go over what I think of the rest of the changes (now that they are depicted on a map) some other time...

right now... I'm looking at the B61, especially in Red Hook....

It took me a minute to figure out why it appears the way it does....

They're gonna have downtown bound and park slope bound B61's directly serve the "Ikea Terminal" (which will no longer be a bus terminal.. go figure)... no problem....

what I don't quite get is...

why are downtown buses swinging onto otsego, to get to van dyke, to get to van brunt? For those that are not familiar w/ the area, Beard is a two way street... Buses can still (I think they're gonna have to now) use the "inner" niche of the Ikea terminal, and then make a left onto Beard st (westbound), en route to downtown....

before these "doomsday cut" maps came about, I was working on altering the brooklyn bus map w/ my ideas.. and this is how I had the B61 looking:

b61edits.th.gif

this is how the MTA has the B61 running, in Red Hook:

mtab61.th.gif

iono, maybe I'm overlooking something....

The (MTA) should of ether kept the M6 or extend the M1/10 down there. I mean even the M3/4/101 is long the way it is and t/a doesn't complain.

The M10 to South Ferry, Mark would also be very long. That why about 10-15 years ago it was shortned to Penn Station and soon to Columbus Circle. I do agree if the M6 had to canned, then extending the M1 and running it 7 days a week to/from South Ferry makes more sense.

Or as Gotham Bus, made IMO an excellent compromise suggestion and run the M5 between CCNY area at 135th/Amsterdam and South Ferry while the M104 would be extended to the GWB Bus Terminal.:tup:

Unless the MTA left out the Bx28 running through all of Co Op City late night, there is a chance that only section 5 would have 24/7 service. Bx38 is not 24/7 at all.

EDIT: Looks like the Bx28 will go through all of Co Op City late nights, tripplanner has direct trips from Dreiser Loop at night

http://mta.info/nyct/service/RouteChanges/busbx2-710.pdf

Seems like there will be periods during the evening where there will be no Bx28 or Bx38 service in section 1-4 (especially weekdays), use Bx26, Bx30, and QBx1 until midnight.

I'll probably go over what I think of the rest of the changes (now that they are depicted on a map) some other time...

right now... I'm looking at the B61, especially in Red Hook....

It took me a minute to figure out why it appears the way it does....

They're gonna have downtown bound and park slope bound B61's directly serve the "Ikea Terminal" (which will no longer be a bus terminal.. go figure)... no problem....

what I don't quite get is...

why are downtown buses swinging onto otsego, to get to van dyke, to get to van brunt? For those that are not familiar w/ the area, Beard is a two way street... Buses can still (I think they're gonna have to now) use the "inner" niche of the Ikea terminal, and then make a left onto Beard st (westbound), en route to downtown....

before these "doomsday cut" maps came about, I was working on altering the brooklyn bus map w/ my ideas.. and this is how I had the B61 looking:

b61edits.th.gif

this is how the MTA has the B61 running, in Red Hook:

mtab61.th.gif

iono, maybe I'm overlooking something....

Well, I know that the B61 is replacing the B77 in Red Hook.

To bad the Bx28 or Bx38 can't go via Ash~

I was thinking the same thing... I would say the Bx28 Serve Asch Loop since it doesnt serve section 1-3 directly. But either people will get used to walking a little further or eventually the Bx28 will be rerouted via Asch Loop.

1.BX 38 is really needed?they should've left the old 28 route alone.The MTA just created a waste ful route.They suppose be saving money.

2.Bx 20 fight for another day!since they're going to keep this route they should've kept the S 67.

3.I'm surprise they didn't have the B 60 terminated at Rockaway parkway train STA(if you look at the map you will see what I mean)

1.BX 38 is really needed?they should've left the old 28 route alone.The MTA just created a waste ful route.They suppose be saving money.

Agreed. Bx38 is just a short-turn Bx28 serving a different part of Co-op City. I don't see the point.

3.I'm surprise they didn't have the B 60 terminated at Rockaway parkway train STA(if you look at the map you will see what I mean)

IDK why also. Seems pointless.

I third this. The new M5 is just WAY too long and will become incredibly unreliable, especially with it coming out of Manhattanville only. This will really spell disaster in the long run for that line. In fact, for most of the MTA lines for that matter.

I wouldn't be surprised to see many of the lines returning as they were if the Doomsday changes are an absolute disaster.

It will be what the M10 was back in the day.

Well, I know that the B61 is replacing the B77 in Red Hook.

That much is known ;)

last night, I was trying to figure out why downtown buses would even need to use van dyke.... since the bus stop (I'm not calling it "Ikea Terminal" anymore) by the Ikea is situated where, after having served the stop, a left turn onto Beard is permissable...

2.Bx 20 fight for another day!

1) Despite the idiocrity of the person(s) who even thought that the Bx28 route should've been tampered with in the first place, they are saving money by doing that... the 2 splits combined won't run as a] frequent & b] long a span, as the current 28....

2) *smfh*

3) don't get what you're alluding to here....

2.Bx 20 fight for another day!since they're going to keep this route they should've kept the S 67.

1. I think the Bx38 is created mainly for the Truman HS students that need the (2) or (5) trains as well as those coming from Dreiser or Carver Loops.

2. The Bx20 is due to politics. The Riverdale politicians,State Assemblyman Jeff Dinowitz and Councilman Oliver Koppell, who by the way are also the reason why the Bx34 is still here as well (Koppell and Dinowitz's districts include Riverdale, Norwood and Woodlawn).

By the way, I looked at the service notes and I didn't notice the Q58 or B82 limited-stop buses that were supposed to be implemented. Unless they were supposed to be implemented in the fall? If so, why then and not on June 27th, since they are already making changes?

1. I think the Bx38 is created mainly for the Truman HS students that need the (2) or (5) trains as well as those coming from Dreiser or Carver Loops.

2. The Bx20 is due to politics. The Riverdale politicians,State Assemblyman Jeff Dinowitz and Councilman Oliver Koppell, who by the way are also the reason why the Bx34 is still here as well (Koppell and Dinowitz's districts include Riverdale, Norwood and Woodlawn).

Bx10 late night service was also saved (along with some other buses night service in other boroughs)

Another Typo

The M1 operates between 8th St/4th Av in the East Village, West 147th St/Lenox Av in Harlem on weekdays, and between East 126th St/Lenox Av on weekend. Limited-Stop service is provided during weekday rush hour, downtown in morning and uptown in the afternoon.

http://mta.info/nyct/service/RouteChanges/pdf/busman2-710.pdf

1) highly doubt it...

you don't drastically alter a heavily used route (the 28 is the more prevalent/important in co-op) simply for the likes of high school kids from one school....

While I agree with the notion that all the routes didn't have to circumnavigate co-op, they didn't have to tamper with every single one of them either (including their service spans)....

all they had to do was increase the # of bx28 runs that terminated @ Norwood-205th... while still keeping it's current routing in co-op intact....

with this supposed "bx23" that Roku brought to our attention a couple days ago (a route that's said to serve all of co-op, to/from PBP), this bx38 screams elimination all over it... damn shame how the MTA sets up future cuts, from initial ones.....

it's like they're playing the game of chess, BACKWARDS !

2) I didn't even bother mentioning it (that's exactly why I said *smfh*) to that part of dude's post... disgusting to see some routes completely destroyed, that didn't have to be... meanwhile, the 20 still remains....

but yeh, agreed man....

Archived