What Are The Longest NJT Bus Routes?

In case anyone was interested the 67 primarily uses MCI. Notable, because the 62 and Go 28, which also serve newark airport, are mainly flexible & NABI respectively. Sometimes they all arrive at the same time & makes for a good photo op especially with the private carriers that also stop there (terminal C especially).

The 139 is a very long route, but timetable has it only taking about 50 minutes. I'm sure in heavy traffic it can take longer, especially just a minute here and seconds there on such a long distance route adds up.

- A

In case anyone was interested the 67 primarily uses MCI. Notable, because the 62 and Go 28, which also serve newark airport, are mainly flexible & NABI respectively. Sometimes they all arrive at the same time & makes for a good photo op especially with the private carriers that also stop there (terminal C especially).

The 139 is a very long route, but timetable has it only taking about 50 minutes. I'm sure in heavy traffic it can take longer, especially just a minute here and seconds there on such a long distance route adds up.

- A

The 139 is not 50mins long. You mean to tell me a trip from Lakewood to New York is 50mins? ^_^

- A

NJ Transit must be smoking some grass because it take 50 mins just from Freehold. Trust me, I live there. Lakewood is about 45-50 away from my house on a good day. I remember I took the 139 from Freehold to NY it took 1 Hour and 30 mins alone cuz the Lincoln was crawling.

The 67 is an MCI line for two reasons:

1. It's based out of Howell Garage which is an all MCI garage.

2. And the length of the line and the amount of highway time. You're not going to want a transit bus on a line that goes from Newark/Jersey City all the way to Toms River.

- A

You read the schedule wrong. The trip time is usually 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the time of day.

#319 along the NYC/North Jersey based has to be the longest in terms of distance despite fact it's an 'express' route stopping only at Toms River between NY and AC.

The 139 between lakewood and NY is probably the longest among 24/7 routes on (NJT).

Along South NJ/Philly based routes i forgot the route # but the Lakewood-Camden-Philly via Ft Dix is probably the longest on that coordior.

And sounds like Metsfan only uses the train and rarely uses buses.:eek:

Heh, I'd love to see someone on a NJT bus go from Lakewood to PABT in 50 minutes. LOL.

But, 317 and 319, IMO, is the LONGEST line there is. I once thought 197 was a long line too since it takes little over 2 hours to get from Warwick NY to PABT.

And, @ Pablo - You're right that the 67 should be on a MCI (Though I could imagine it on a NABI if someone wanted to be a moron). When I got done with my road test when I was getting my CDL, we took a Nova from Howell to Ferry St. Man, that was a slow and a bumpy ride. Not the most comfortable ride.

The Go28 runs about 22/7.

The 62, 159, and 190 buses run 24/7.

Don't forget the 139 as well but between 1-5am it has about 90 minute headways between Lakewood and NY/PABT. In south NJ, the 551 (AC-Camden-Philly) and 559(Lakewood/Toms River/AC)is basically the same as 139 I know of w/ 90 minute headways between 2-5am.

In North Jersey routes the 62 or 65 from Bridgewater Commons(one trip) to NWK is the longest local routes

In South Jersey the 313/315 or 317 routes are the longest. the 317 bus is the longest local bus in NJ making all stops after you enter NJ from Philly

Along the shore the 559 bus is the longest route serving Ocean county and the 67 route from TR(Seaside summer) to Old Bridge and then onto NWK

the 319 bus from NYC/NWK to Cape may is the longest route and makes all local stops from Ocean City onto Wildwood or Cape May in the summertime

Within Jersey City, I would say (NJT)'s #87 King Drive is the longest local route now. From Congress Street and Paterson Plank Road to Gates Avenue using Palisade Avenue, Franklin Street/Ferry Street, Central Avenue, Bergen Avenue, Fairmount Avenue, Monticello Avenue, Dr. King Drive and Old Bergen Road.

(NJT)'s #80 Jersey City has a long local route also using Exchange Place/Montgomery Street, Luis Munoz Marin Boulevard, Christopher Columbus Drive, Jersey Avenue, Newark Avenue, Bergen Avenue, Montgomery Street, West Side Avenue, Danforth Avenue, Fowler Avenue, Greenville Avenue, Romar Avenue, Seaview Avenue and Old Bergen Road.

Isn't there one trip on the 319 in the summertime that is in excess of 150 miles and almost 160 (running from Cape May to the Port Authority)? The deadhead for a Meadowlands operator is almost 3 hours from that garage to the other end of New Jersey.

Correct.

Don't forget the 139 as well but between 1-5am it has about 90 minute headways between Lakewood and NY/PABT. In south NJ, the 551 (AC-Camden-Philly) and 559(Lakewood/Toms River/AC)is basically the same as 139 I know of w/ 90 minute headways between 2-5am.

You could also add the 166 since there's a bus at 3:30 am everyday from PABT.

#319 along the NYC/North Jersey based has to be the longest in terms of distance despite fact it's an 'express' route stopping only at Toms River between NY and AC.

If you want a long ride with intermediate stops (lots of them), try #313/315 between Cape May and Philly. It's a 4-hour, 101-mile ride through 20 fare zones.

• 1 month later...
If you want a long ride with intermediate stops (lots of them), try #313/315 between Cape May and Philly. It's a 4-hour, 101-mile ride through 20 fare zones.

Srry for the grave digging. However the 313 is Express via Route 55 and Route 42 to Camden WRTC then onto philly. I never did the 315, but I know that shoots up the Black Horse Pike.

The 313 only makes Local stops from Cape May via Rio Grande via Route 47 to Vineland Bus Terminal then gets back on Route 47 to Route 55. The 313 gets most of its crowds from Vineland(Because the 408 is never on time) & Millville(Because the 408 is never ontime) & Camden(Because the 408 is never ontime). The 313 can get SRO, especially when it gets in front of a 553. I call it a 553 Limited because it basically takes the load off the 553. I had a trip on the 553 and I had 113 people. The 313 also acts as the 408 express via Route 55 & 42. The 408 makes all Local stops on Route 47 and when the 313 joins 55, the 408 is a loaner until Westville where the 401,402,410,412 all come together.

Srry for the grave digging. However the 313 is Express via Route 55 and Route 42 to Camden WRTC then onto philly. I never did the 315, but I know that shoots up the Black Horse Pike.

The 313 only makes Local stops from Cape May via Rio Grande via Route 47 to Vineland Bus Terminal then gets back on Route 47 to Route 55. The 313 gets most of its crowds from Vineland(Because the 408 is never on time) & Millville(Because the 408 is never ontime) & Camden(Because the 408 is never ontime). The 313 can get SRO, especially when it gets in front of a 553. I call it a 553 Limited because it basically takes the load off the 553. I had a trip on the 553 and I had 113 people. The 313 also acts as the 408 express via Route 55 & 42. The 408 makes all Local stops on Route 47 and when the 313 joins 55, the 408 is a loaner until Westville where the 401,402,410,412 all come together.

So from what I understand...

the 408 is never on time..... lol....

So from what I understand...

the 408 is never on time..... lol....

Yupp. Your better off walking if your going to wait for the 408 l0l. I get screamed at everyday when I get into millville because the damn 408!

Alot of times its not its fault. One day 42 was backed up and I took the 313 through Westville nad Westville is a heavy area. Alot of people in that area work in Philly and along route 47 they all work in philly and they just bombard the 408. The 408 is the only bus on Route 47 once the 313 leaves it.

By the way, which NJT routes run 24/7?

1 Newark Ivy Hill - Kearny - Jersey City (Exchange Place/Journal Square)

go28 Newark Airport - Bloomfield

62 Newark - Newark Airport - Perth Amboy

139 Lakewood - New York

159 Fort Lee - New York

190 Paterson - New York

559 Toms River - Atlantic City

Archived