MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Just like 6252, that one was flooded. I heard it over the 60th precinct radio the night of the storm they tried getting the bus through the water to the precinct but the water was coming too fast so it got flooded then they moved to boats after that. 

Is there a list as to what buses were flooded? They should of moved those buses in advance.

Edited by jgood6195

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a list as to what buses were flooded? They should of moved those buses in advance.

Nope, no list. Some buses were commanded by NYPD but some stood in various places. 6252 was the only one stuck in coney island, I rode it around. They probably figured, since the bus is old " if it gets flooded out then it just gets flooded out "

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="631951" data-time="1358090980"><p>

Nope, no list. Some buses were commanded by NYPD but some stood in various places. 6252 was the only one stuck in coney island, I rode it around. They probably figured, since the bus is old " if it gets flooded out then it just gets flooded out "</p></blockquote>

Weren't you leaving

I take it you've been seeing them on the Far Rock lines? It's nothing strange anymore. Few days ago I got 9846 on the Q35 and weeks earlier 740 was also on the Q35.

Actually no lol; quite surprising that CNGs are showing up on the Q35 (for me)...

Edited by mtattrain

Actually no lol; quite surprising that CNGs are showing up on the Q35 (for me)...

Has been since mid November? (gotta check the date on a pic i took) But yeah this and last month I've gotten more chances getting/missing a CNG bus on that line as opposed to a hybrid.

Edited by Grand Concourse