MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

New flyer doesn't build shitty buses. Orion used to build shitty busses and Novas buses aren't to good either.

The LFS's are actually built better than most if not all XD40's. Notice little to no raddling with an LFS compared to a New Flyer. Im not saying New Flyer is shitty. I love thier work, but the XD40's aren't as stable structure wise compared to the Novas.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LFS's are actually built better than most if not all XD40's. Notice little to no raddling with an LFS compared to a New Flyer. Im not saying New Flyer is shitty. I love thier work, but the XD40's aren't as stable structure wise compared to the Novas.

Best way to compare, just look at the 4800s compared to the 8000s. That says enough.

I haven't been on the 7090+ XD40s yet. Are they the same rattly shits as the 90-bus batch? Those things started rattling and shacking pretty much within weeks. If NFI is just going to pull the same thing with this order and just get them out the door as fast as possible with no regard for quality, I'm hoping the (MTA) does the sensible thing and gives part 2 of the order entirely to Nova.

I haven't been on the 7090+ XD40s yet. Are they the same rattly shits as the 90-bus batch? Those things started rattling and shacking pretty much within weeks. If NFI is just going to pull the same thing with this order and just get them out the door as fast as possible with no regard for quality, I'm hoping the (MTA) does the sensible thing and gives part 2 of the order entirely to Nova.

How we know NF rushing the buses is reason for them being rattle traps? To my knowledge the new C40s don't have this issue and they are from the same manufacturer. Maybe the XD40s are just not as durable as the the LFS and C40s...

577 B103, Spring Creek bus but listed as JFK

I don't know why it'd be listed at JFK even if SC is loaning again. They can't fuel them there or nothing, obviously they're still SC buses and can end up running for SC or getting loaned to JFK any day.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life