MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I like them also in BK. However, just kinda wish ENY CMF or GA CMF have extensive nova parts to keep the novas in Brooklyn. With the TA being cash strapped and developers building more apartment buildings we will never get another Central Maintenance Facility in Brooklyn or even another depot attached to a CMF. 

There's parts, I.E all the LFS 40' being overhauled at GA.. Its the spacing design of the shop that limits this.. Theres space for engine and brake overhaul.. Zerega design accommodates the 60 footers...

1 hour ago, Transbusfan said:

There's parts, I.E all the LFS 40' being overhauled at GA.. Its the spacing design of the shop that limits this.. Theres space for engine and brake overhaul.. Zerega design accommodates the 60 footers...

Please listen to what Cait Sith said.

Every time I see new notes in this thread, I always get hyped expecting a bus transfer or delivery and it’s a bummer to find stuff that should be in the Random Thoughts or Depot Thread.

6 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Every time I see new notes in this thread, I always get hyped expecting a bus transfer or delivery and it’s a bummer to find stuff that should be in the Random Thoughts or Depot Thread.

fam.. Just take it easy. Everyone is allowed to break the rules once in a while. We all understand that this section is for moves. However, if someone is answering a question or a concern that we may all use and learn from there's no reason to have a big cow on this issue.. Yes, it should be in the random thoughts thread. However, and honestly.. Take a chill pill.. (and besides @Transbusfan was answering my question in regards to the ops at ENY and GA CMF).

/sarcasm

#rantover.

Edited by Future ENY OP

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

fam.. Just take it easy. Everyone is allowed to break the rules once in a while. We all understand that this section is for moves. However, if someone is answering a question or a concern that we may all use and learn from there's no reason to have a big cow on this issue.. Yes, it should be in the random thoughts thread. However, and honestly.. Take a chill pill.. (and besides @Transbusfan was answering my question in regards to the ops at ENY and GA CMF).

/sarcasm

#rantover.

Chill? You’re asking me to “chill” when this is really the first time saying this? Well I thought I wrote this calmly and kindly but I guess it didn’t turn out that way.

Yes, indeed rant over.

18 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Let's move on from this side chatter and get back on topic please....

Need confirmation: 5840, 5853, 5857 back to OF

5840 was on the B44-SBS today with Flatbush stickers attached and also the other two. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Let's move on from this side chatter and get back on topic please....

Need confirmation: 5840, 5853, 5857 back to OF

They’re with the bush rn. Probably safe to say they’re there to stay but we’ll see.

4 hours ago, Snorunts said:

Transbusfan gets a pass, he actually works in the system. His insight and such is always helpful.

Edited by Cait Sith

11 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

4435 and 4554 are back at Grand Avenue Depot operating the B38 and Q58 routes.

Only long term loan right now is the Flatbush to East New York. 7308 and 4409 still both have FB decals. Return is undetermined right now. However, possibly could be perm at ENY and both are on the B15 rn. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

22 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

This is a little strange, 4392-4395 to QV. Guess that move was just to quickly retire the remaining 2004 Orions by the end of the month.

4360, 4362 KB-MV

For good measure 4390 and 4391 are off the board from Kingsbridge, maybe also to QV.

Honestly, I would of thought QV should of gotten Gun Hill buses. Guessing that’s gonna be reserved for ENY/FP/FB 

26 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

For good measure 4390 and 4391 are off the board from Kingsbridge, maybe also to QV.

Honestly, I would of thought QV should of gotten Gun Hill buses. Guessing that’s gonna be reserved for ENY/FP/FB 

4390 and 4391 are still at Kingsbridge (Both running on the M100).

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Flatbush still needs more?

Future ENY Op would be far more qualified than me to speak to this but IIRC flatbush didn’t do exactly 1-to-1 RTS-Orion NG replacement. They rushed the RTS out but kind of forgot to send more NGs to FB, opting to send them quickly to MV to retire Gen 1s...

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

Flatbush still needs more?

10 minutes ago, Orion6025 said:

Future ENY Op would be far more qualified than me to speak to this but IIRC flatbush didn’t do exactly 1-to-1 RTS-Orion NG replacement. They rushed the RTS out but kind of forgot to send more NGs to FB, opting to send them quickly to MV to retire Gen 1s...

I’ll answer this briefly (mods and or FB ops correct me if i’m wrong). FB is able to hold at least 250 buses and plus with the fall pick coming up FB tends to get more buses around this time. 

However, the 1-to-1 RTS/NG concept wasn’t used in this case for FB unlike Manhattanville with the 1-to-1 OG/NG. What could happen is FB could get some more NG’s but ultimately NG’s would go Fresh Pond and East New York for replacement of OG’s. 

Edited by Future ENY OP

15 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

I’ll answer this briefly (mods and or FB ops correct me if i’m wrong). FB is able to hold at least 250 buses and plus with the fall pick coming up FB tends to get more buses around this time. 

However, the 1-to-1 RTS/NG concept wasn’t used in this case for FB unlike Manhattanville with the 1-to-1 OG/NG. What could happen is FB could get some more NG’s but ultimately NG’s would go Fresh Pond and East New York for replacement of OG’s. 

It gets me excited cause when the XDE40s comes in 😈 that means push out time  but let me not get to hype about this tho I can't wait to see the OGs get pushed out I'm even more hype that eny is getting more next gens even tho I'm not that much of a fan of them but it's always nice to see something different  to a depo