MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

JFK is bad... But in NO way are they as bad as LGA...when a depot ships out newer buses for older buses in return... That's a maintenance problem..... JFK can maintain Orion's and RTS... Give them something they never worked on and expect problems ( New Flyer, NovaBus LFSA)

No they have problems maintaining buses, but not as bad like LGA, I was on 2 Orion VII NG's from JFk and it was dirty it sounded like the bus was going to fall apart and the bars and tapes to open the doors are peeled or broke off. On the other hand they maintain RTS's good since JFK has had RTS's since the early 1980's

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo, I just got to rockaway via shuttle bus. Only saw the usual buses: Orion Vs and VIIs, RTS', LFS' all from the usual Queens depots including FR and JFK. Not one artic of any kind. Plus, I rode 8838 with FP stickers on the Q22 signed to B116th st! Btw, LFS 8039 was one of the shuttles.

The RTS is mostlikely from JFK, JFK depot has all of Far Rock Buses, but JFK is also helping the Q22 and 52, i saw an RTS on the Q52 last friday

Yo, I just got to rockaway via shuttle bus. Only saw the usual buses: Orion Vs and VIIs, RTS', LFS' all from the usual Queens depots including FR and JFK. Not one artic of any kind. Plus, I rode 8838 with FP stickers on the Q22 signed to B116th st! Btw, LFS 8039 was one of the shuttles.

Interesting that this is another shuttle with MTAB sending out buses, guess the union stopped fighting on that one.

Interesting that this is another shuttle with MTAB sending out buses, guess the union stopped fighting on that one.

Not really. I've seen , and reported here, since early 2011 that during various GOs involving Rockaway service has also seen buses from FR, JFK and even SC as well as the usual NYCT depots. So personally after almost 2 years for me, its more of "its about time its become standard practice" rather than "interesting"

Not really. I've seen , and reported here, since early 2011 that during various GOs involving Rockaway service has also seen buses from FR, JFK and even SC as well as the usual NYCT depots. So personally after almost 2 years for me, its more of "its about time its become standard practice" rather than "interesting"

Really? ATU 1056 has an injunction prohibiting use of any BC bus from JFK SC or FR on subway shuttle services, or so I was told in another thread. I assumed this time around was due to the circumstances (post-hurricane and up to a 6 month operation) and ATU volunteered to lift the injunction or something.

This is off topic but about time NYCT is adding MTAB into the mix with the shuttle work, i was shocked when i heard MTAB was involved in the Brooklyn-Manhatten shuttle run. Sometimes i feel if MTAB is invisible when it comes to NYCT, Im also shocked when they added MTAB routes into MTA bus time. But back on topic, its going to be very interesting to see artics out of FB depot.

Edited by transit bx

Well its old news to me. Its usually a small handful of buses(never saw more than 5 total) but believe me, its easy to spot an FR or JFK bus and board it as a subway shuttle at B88th st towards far rock(during A to rock pk GOs) when you're an enthusist like us. Sure that injunction wasn't just for the drivers and not the actual buses? We had along with the RTS' an FP Orion 7 runnin on the Q22 yesterday as well. I was only able to get a pic of 8832 due to my cell battery dying.

One thing that confuses me with these moves is that the roster doesn't show them at that depot.

The roster updates when the database is updated. That way we can get the most accurate information possible.

5417 and 5661 at Quill along with 5272. I did not expect to see 5661 and 5417 with Quill decals today!

The roster updates when the database is updated. That way we can get the most accurate information possible.

5417 and 5661 at Quill along with 5272. I did not expect to see 5661 and 5417 with Quill decals today!

Some weird stuff going on with Quill recently, wouldn't be surprised to see a few buses come out of storage...

Likely because they lost 20 or so LFSAs to Flatbush for shuttle work & training.

Definitely why! I figure they'll work around the shortage, but it's gonna have to be a long time until they can convert the M34 to artics if they want to keep the fleet young, since the 52xx buses are gonna have to fill in for the 5800s. They could always make the M34 LFSAs and run mainly D60s from the Bronx on the artic lines, but that doesn't seem too likely to me.