MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to verify something. So there are 23 original C40LF buses in operation and 36 Orion V CNG buses in operation. The next new C40LF option is for 29 buses and this is supposed to retire the old CNG fleet. We actually have 59 old CNG buses. Are the extra 30 old CNG fleet buses extras while Orion VIII OG CNGs have work done or will the MTA end up taking up one of the remaining C40LF options? The reason I ask is everyone keeps saying that the O5 CNGs will be retired with this next option and the math doesn't really add up (and I can't seem to find any explanation on the forums other than possibly O7 CNGs being overhauled). Thanks in advance.

I just want to verify something. So there are 23 original C40LF buses in operation and 36 Orion V CNG buses in operation. The next new C40LF option is for 29 buses and this is supposed to retire the old CNG fleet. We actually have 59 old CNG buses. Are the extra 30 old CNG fleet buses extras while Orion VIII OG CNGs have work done or will the MTA end up taking up one of the remaining C40LF options? The reason I ask is everyone keeps saying that the O5 CNGs will be retired with this next option and the math doesn't really add up (and I can't seem to find any explanation on the forums other than possibly O7 CNGs being overhauled). Thanks in advance.

We can't rule out the possibility that in the next pick, some CNG depots could lose some routes and have any remaining EOL CNGs retire that way.

Actually I was going to ask a question like that because I heard in a different thread that the remaining Old C40s are supposed to be re-certified to run two more years at JG. This is not wat I'm saying so don't get pissed off at me If I'm wrong. Thanks

Actually I was going to ask a question like that because I heard in a different thread that the remaining Old C40s are supposed to be re-certified to run two more years at JG. This is not wat I'm saying so don't get pissed off at me If I'm wrong. Thanks

Somehow I doubt that. If anything, they could just get more Orion VII CNGs from WFs.

Edited by jgood6195

But JG lost almost 10 Orion VII CNGs to WF and plus it may be possible cause of the addition of old routes that were cut in 2010 so now they short

What Jackie Gleason routes are coming back? I did not get the full list. In reality, we lost over 35 Orion VII CNGs to these guys back when GA opened 5 years ago.

Edited by jgood6195

What Jackie Gleason routes are coming back? I did not get the full list. In reality, we lost over 35 Orion VII CNGs to these guys back when GA opened 5 years ago.

Some of the ones we lost in 2010 but I don't know the full list either thats why I keep on seeing those bus time Orion's on the 43 a lot now. And we also lost around 10 just last year. I mean I am a little doubtful of the re-certification but also why would they send 6 ex Gleason C40s to WF. I heard from that thread that those 6 were going to be re-certified along with the JG old c40s

Some of the ones we lost in 2010 but I don't know the full list either thats why I keep on seeing those bus time Orion's on the 43 a lot now. And we also lost around 10 just last year. I mean I am a little doubtful of the re-certification but also why would they send 6 ex Gleason C40s to WF. I heard from that thread that those 6 were going to be re-certified along with the JG old c40s

It's doesn't make sense to me either, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.