MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9317 was transfered yesterday to ECH scrap. Also, here is a LGA MCI update, LGA now has the following MCI cruisers, Enjoy them while you can 3053, 3142-3146, 3279-3304.<-- No gaps. For those keeping track please update your rosters.

So what MCIs went to College Point since the QM12 left? I find it odd for the QM24 and QM25 needing 33 buses.

@the transitman: You know you can multiquote right? Just saying before someone else does.

Don't sweat it, you learn something new. I didn't know about those plans before.

I know about that feature BUT when I use it...I have to wait about 20 minutes or so for my response(s) to be saved and shown on here.

I didn't know that. I knew that Manhattanville was also rumored to be a CNG depot but that was squashed by "The NIMBYs".

***Sorry. Did not mean to go off topic here.***

Off-topic: NIMBYs truly are morons. One of the selling points of CNG is less emissions.

On-topic: Any idea when the FR/SC/JFK swapping business will be all done and assignments back to pre-Sandy terms?

Off-topic: NIMBYs truly are morons. One of the selling points of CNG is less emissions.

On-topic: Any idea when the FR/SC/JFK swapping business will be all done and assignments back to pre-Sandy terms?

FR needs the extra buses on namely the Q52 line to fill the void of the A being cut off. FR more or less is back to normal, just now borrowing buses from JFK depot (including some diesel buses). Once the A resumes service to Far Rock, then I think they can return the buses to their respective places and resume normal service.

No it's not, they stopped over hauling them because they're gonna be gone by 2015. It might have it's tranny changed or some minor work done to it. It's been in & out of service though.

Where the hell did you hear that? I'm not aware of the overhauls stopping, nor am I aware of any plans for the 1999 RTSes being anywhere near gone two years from now.

Where the hell did you hear that? I'm not aware of the overhauls stopping, nor am I aware of any plans for the 1999 RTSes being anywhere near gone two years from now.

A lot of people saying it, and even the union rep told me. They want these RTSs gone, but I agree with you. I don't think these will be gone by then...

And as it is, there are way too many pre-2000 diesel rigids that need to be replaced. The 690-bus order would likely be only enough to replace the remaining O5s, the remaining 1996 Novas, and some of the 1997-98 Novas.