The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's all up to the firmware and any new hardware that Apple puts in.

Not only that, but all the lil shit that Verizon plans on putting into it. Last I read, most of the apps are supposed to be Verizon dominated. V-Cast this, Verizon that, etc etc etc

Not only that, but all the lil shit that Verizon plans on putting into it. Last I read, most of the apps are supposed to be Verizon dominated. V-Cast this, Verizon that, etc etc etc

O wow that sucks! Sprint needs to get with the program and get a iPhone on there network. My gf has a iPhone and that shyt goes in. Only reason I wont leave sprint because everytime a new phone comes i get em for a good price and my bill is cheap a hell(Employee Discount from my gfs sister who works at sprint).

O wow that sucks! Sprint needs to get with the program and get a iPhone on there network. My gf has a iPhone and that shyt goes in. Only reason I wont leave sprint because everytime a new phone comes i get em for a good price and my bill is cheap a hell(Employee Discount from my gfs sister who works at sprint).

For the apps for the Verizon iPhone, I doubt that every app would be like that. Most of what should be included in the iPhone should be Verizon's primary apps and fixes. I'm pretty sure that the same peeps who made the jailbreak software for the previous iPhones can come up with a way to unlock this version of the phone, I dont think it would be the same because I believe the different types of networks would come into play, since Verizon is a CDMA network, but I dont think that would play a role in the jailbreaking.

For the apps for the Verizon iPhone, I doubt that every app would be like that. Most of what should be included in the iPhone should be Verizon's primary apps and fixes. I'm pretty sure that the same peeps who made the jailbreak software for the previous iPhones can come up with a way to unlock this version of the phone, I dont think it would be the same because I believe the different types of networks would come into play, since Verizon is a CDMA network, but I dont think that would play a role in the jailbreaking.

Yeah im sure they can come up with something. However the iPhone on TM was pretty simple, but if im not mistaken TM & AT&T works on the same network(correct me if im wrong). Alot of ppl on TM has the iPhone and I heard TM actually has a support line to help ppl get the iphone working.

I don't know what's so great about the iPhone. Most of the App Store's applications consist of buttons that make farting noises and games that suck.

Yeah im sure they can come up with something. However the iPhone on TM was pretty simple, but if im not mistaken TM & AT&T works on the same network(correct me if im wrong). Alot of ppl on TM has the iPhone and I heard TM actually has a support line to help ppl get the iphone working.

The iPhone can work on T-Mobile, but only at 2G speeds. AT&T and T-Mobile's 2G network use the same frequencies.

update to my sidekick 4g info

http://www.tmonews.com/2011/01/sidekick-4g-in-the-wild/

comming soon.

Damn, that will be a dramatic change to the sidekick owners out there. I used to have a Sidekick 3 and never really liked it all that much. My biggest gripe was the lack of customization. Now with this going to Android, this will be a rather interesting change and debut for the Sidekick 4G

Damn, that will be a dramatic change to the sidekick owners out there. I used to have a Sidekick 3 and never really liked it all that much. My biggest gripe was the lack of customization. Now with this going to Android, this will be a rather interesting change and debut for the Sidekick 4G

yeah and my last sidekick was the Lx 1st gen.:(

And in related news, teenage age group cellphone-related thefts have gone up 200% ;)

lol will they though or will it be not worth stealing because of the name sidekick now manufactured by samsung.;):P

Has anyone upgraded to 4G?

nope not yet but i do know tmobile has 2 4g phones compared to other companies 1 phone.:P

How about Honeycomb? B)

Honeycomb is for tablets :P

"3.0 (Honeycomb), a tablet-only[39] release which supports larger screen devices and introduces many new user interface features, and supports multicore processors and hardware acceleration for graphics.[40] A preview of the Honeycomb SDK has been released and the first device featuring this version, the Motorola Xoom tablet, is scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2011.[41]"

ha :P