The Mobile/Smartphone Thread

What is your favorite mobile operating system?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mobile operating system?

• Android (Google)
    • Blackberry OS (RIM)
    • iOS (Apple Inc.)
    • Symbian OS (Symbian Foundation)
    • webOS (Palm)
    • Windows Mobile (Microsoft)

Unless you're on of those tech geeks or the business type these features aren't that important. It's nice that AT&T offers all of these features on their network, but pointless since they can't even keep folks connected. At least w/Verizon you can stay connected and such and I'm saying this as an AT&T/Verizon customer. I still haven't decided yet if I'm switching to Verizon completely or not once my contract is up in May. :confused:

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
So yeah...how about when 4G phones on T-Mobile go AT&T...will those need to be replaced too?

IF the merger goes through, if you want 4G data speeds, you'll have to use a AT&T phone, any T-Mobile phone will only receive EDGE/2G speeds. We have about a year or so for a decision which might not happen, we'll see.

IF the merger goes through, if you want 4G data speeds, you'll have to use a AT&T phone, any T-Mobile phone will only receive EDGE/2G speeds. We have about a year or so for a decision which might not happen, we'll see.

I read that some new T-Mobile phones are designed to be compatible with both 3G networks.

I wonder how this'll play out.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd bring back this thread with a bunch of new toys out and in the wild along with some news.

First, the new toys.

The New T-Mobile Sidekick 4G.

Sprint's Kyocera Echo, I personally like this one.

For you Boost Mobile folks, the Samsung Galaxy S Prevail

The T-Mobile G2x. One of two phones for T-Mobile with a Dual Core Processor

The HTC Evo View 4G & Evo 3D

The much anticipated HTC Thunderbolt

and T-Mobile's newest Dual Core Processor phone, the HTC Sensation 4G

Other phones can be found in the respective profiles I linked.

And in the news world, several HTC phones will be getting Android 2.3 during the Spring & Summer. The T-Mobile G2, HTC Evo Shift and a few others will be getting the update.

SaaaWEEEET! My wife got this for me for my birthday. This phone is pretty nice, battery life sucks but on most 4G phones thats how it goes right? The internet flies on this thing and youtube as well as pandora stream seamlessly. The Keyboard is kinds akward and takes some getting used to so I use the On screen keyboard half the time. Android OS and 4G is what really makes this phone worth it. it was $399 after the rebate it came down to $299. I am also able to WiFi or USB teather it to my laptop. I get download speeds of 2Mbps and it uploads about the same.

It has Android OS 2.2 and has been rooted!

Samsung-Galaxy-Indulge-phone-MetroPCS.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Indulge-Review-Design-02.jpg

Specs:

CDMA/ LTE 4G

2 Gigs internal Memory / 32 Gig SDcard (I have 16GB installed)

CPU: Hummingbird 1000Mhz

WiFi

3.2 MP camera

320x480 screen (should have been bigger)

SaaaWEEEET! My wife got this for me for my birthday. This phone is pretty nice, battery life sucks but on most 4G phones thats how it goes right? The internet flies on this thing and youtube as well as pandora stream seamlessly. The Keyboard is kinds akward and takes some getting used to so I use the On screen keyboard half the time. Android OS and 4G is what really makes this phone worth it. it was $399 after the rebate it came down to $299. I am also able to WiFi or USB teather it to my laptop. I get download speeds of 2Mbps and it uploads about the same.

It has Android OS 2.2 and has been rooted!

Samsung-Galaxy-Indulge-phone-MetroPCS.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Indulge-Review-Design-02.jpg

Specs:

CDMA/ LTE 4G

2 Gigs internal Memory / 32 Gig SDcard (I have 16GB installed)

CPU: Hummingbird 1000Mhz

WiFi

3.2 MP camera

320x480 screen (should have been bigger)

That's pretty sweet, I have yet to see the actual phone in person (aside from the dummy products). I've never been a fan of Samsung's cramped keyboards (from a personal prospective) which is why I made my switch over to HTC and the G2.

While I am posting, lemme throw up a few other goodies.

The T-Mobile G-Slate

The Blackberry Playbook, I actually like this thing to some extent

For the Droid X doubters, gingerbread on the Droid X (the legit version)

Reviews of the much anticipated T-Mobile G2x

And the review of the HTC Thunderbolt

Yeah, HTC's are that deal! I will have had my EVO for a year this summer, and haven't had one single problem. And I dropped it in the toilet last year!

I just discovered Firefox for Android yesterday too! I love everything except for video viewing, a few other minor flaws they need to fix.

Yeah, HTC's are that deal! I will have had my EVO for a year this summer, and haven't had one single problem. And I dropped it in the toilet last year!

I just discovered Firefox for Android yesterday too! I love everything except for video viewing, a few other minor flaws they need to fix.

Dolphin Browser HD, much better imo. A lot faster when it comes to loading times.

• 2 weeks later...

Any opinions on the new BlackBerry Playbook (iPad-esque) tablet?

I LOVE it! Honestly I'd pick that up over the Android Tablets and of course, the iPad. The way RIM made the playbook was astonishing, flawless multi-tasking, flawless flash capabilities. The front facing camera is absolutely clean and the performance is slick. I really want to pick one up.

The one other thing I'd get is the new Asus Transformer, the only Android tablet with an attachable KEYBOARD! Making it the only tablet with a keyboard & touchpad!

Ok folks, got some news to post on here

Currently going on is the Google 2011 I/O conference which will bring out all the latest and greatest devices for Android. A lot of new stuff has been displayed and today is only Day One!

Sony's Xperia phones

The Samsung Nexus S 4G for Sprint

The review on Verizon's Samsung DROID Charge

The HTC Sensation 4G for T-Mobile with the new HTC Sense 3.0 Interface

More will be added when more videos get released.

Now for some other goodies

The Blackberry 9900, I personally like it.

The HTC DROID Incredible 2

The HP Peer, currently one of the smallest smartphones next to Sony's Xperia Mini

The Samsung Infuse 4G

News about IOS 5

The news on the next Android OS codenamed "Ice Cream Sandwich" iPod Nano and more

And what appears to be a leak/mockup of the iPhone 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOVjIcHLyI&feature=channel_video_title

I'll post more asap.

How has AT&T collapsed? I'm sick of T-Mobile and the constant dropped calls and failed attempts at sending out text messages. I'm anticipating for the day that either my mom's contract expires and she goes to a different network (preferably AT&T) or I gets me a job, get a shared plan with my friend and get a contract on AT&T. May I mind you, my 14-year-old niece (don't ask) has the first generation iPhone and it still provides excellent service.

AT&T isn't that much better than T-Mobile. I know because I left T-Mobile for AT&T and have regretted having AT&T. I broke my contract with my data card because I was so disgusted with my service and got FiOS at home and have loved it. Now I'm waiting for my cell phone contract to expire w/AT&T so I can switch to Verizon. Granted, Verizon doesn't have tons of great phones like AT&T does, but at least I'll have reliable service where I can make phone calls and surf the web relatively quickly. Once I see how my phone service is w/Verizon, then I'll probably get a data card w/them as well for the old laptop or I ay just get a new one soon since I'm due soon anyway. :cool: I've missed not having internet when I'm on the express bus and such, but I've been making do so far. The thing is I'm going to wait a bit until a smartphone comes out that I like w/4G service. I've been ripped off w/AT&T way too long and I am well overdue for some real cell phone service.

AT&T isn't that much better than T-Mobile. I know because I left T-Mobile for AT&T and have regretted having AT&T. I broke my contract with my data card because I was so disgusted with my service and got FiOS at home and have loved it. Now I'm waiting for my cell phone contract to expire w/AT&T so I can switch to Verizon. Granted, Verizon doesn't have tons of great phones like AT&T does, but at least I'll have reliable service where I can make phone calls and surf the web relatively quickly. Once I see how my phone service is w/Verizon, then I'll probably get a data card w/them as well for the old laptop or I ay just get a new one soon since I'm due soon anyway. :cool: I've missed not having internet when I'm on the express bus and such, but I've been making do so far. The thing is I'm going to wait a bit until a smartphone comes out that I like w/4G service. I've been ripped off w/AT&T way too long and I am well overdue for some real cell phone service.

You'll think twice about that before making a final verdict because I said the same thing until I checked out their full line of high end and mid-range phones. They both have some great phones but Verizon imo has the upper hand when it comes to specifications. AT&T rocks when it comes to pricing.

• 3 weeks later...

Four new badasses coming to Verizon

The new LG Revolution

The HTC Trophy powered by Windows Phone 7

The Motorola Droid x2 (This is NOT a 4G phone, its 3G/CDMA)

And the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play coming to Verizon soon