I have stolen 150 city buses (and lots of trains), boasts mass-transit menace Darius McCollum

Y2Julio

He's famous for his obsession with the subway, but mass-transit menace Darius McCollum says he loves buses so much he has stolen 150 of them in the last decade.

During an exclusive jailhouse interview two days after he was busted with a hot Trailways coach, McCollum talked about the "thrill" he gets from big wheels.

"That's why I love the city so much - so many trains, so many buses," he said Thursday. "I don't know what to do with myself."

He has been arrested 27 times, but McCollum says he has gotten away with far more transit crimes and has commandeered scores of buses unguarded at a New Jersey depot.

He took them for joyrides, gave lifts to his friends and once cruised as far as North Carolina - always returning the vehicles without anyone suspecting a thing.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/09/03/2010-09-03_hes_just_gotta_rob_city_buses_stolen_150_of_em_and_lots_of_trains.html#ixzz0yUc4Hn7g

post-1245-133288582174_thumb.jpg

post-1245-133288582174_thumb.jpg

He Should Have signed Up for the Job instead of Stealing Trains and Buses, He would Have Been a TA worker Now, But sometimes the Foam gets in the way of your dreams, Hes the Top Foamer in my books, I wouldn't be suprised if another idiot does the same shit.

McCollum, 45, who suffers from a form of autism called Asperger's syndrome, admits he has a problem but insists his stealing spree has a purpose.

Oh please! I have Asperger's and I don't hi-jack buses. Granted there are varying degrees of Asperger's, but you have to be really insane or stupid to steal buses incessantly.

Oh please! I have Asperger's and I don't hi-jack buses. Granted there are varying degrees of Asperger's, but you have to be really insane or stupid to steal buses incessantly.

I agree. This guy's probably just doing what he does for the attention and nothing else.

putting aside railfans for the moment (which he clearly is not)...

this guy gives REAL people with Asperger's a bad name.....

what they lack in "everyday" habits/mannerisms & what not, they absolutely SHINE in areas you don't expect them to.

this darius character is nothing more than a Loon who simply refuses to discern b/w fantasy & reality...

that's how I saw him as then, and that's how I'll continue to view him.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

What...the...hell...

Why wasn't he locked away for life? That's grand theft auto multiple times

Mr. McCollum "loves" the city so much, yet he supposedly stole 150 buses from New Jersey, took them for a run, and returned them without anyone noticing.

Unfortunately, someone noticed the missing Trailways bus. He says he worked at the Hoboken Bus Depot as a teen (which would've been the late 1970's).

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

What...the...hell...

Why wasn't he locked away for life? That's grand theft auto multiple times

McCollum Theft Auto 4 :)

Archived