What would be the best and worst bus route and why?

m106crosstown

worst bus route the ones in Queens....
WHAT?! lol

Best Routes: Bx12, Q44, B68, M101, Bx15, Q10, ,B6, B46, Bx36, Bx31 (This bus is so reliable! I rarely wait over 5 minutes for it, even on Sundays!), Bx28 and Bx1/2. These are buses that I can trust.

Worst Routes: Bx17 (off schedule ALL THE TIME, not many bus routes is this sporadical with service), Bx30 (off schedule just like the Bx17), M100 (I can beat it by walking and it's not even crosstown, I can sometimes walk to this bus if I miss it), Bx8 (Weekdays is good, but weekends are 30 minute waits, and on sundays service ends 8PM), Q31 (Need I say more), I would say QBx1 but I can actually trust it and most of the time not wait longer than 12 minutes, and the ride is very fast, Bx5 to Pelham Bay, Bx28 to Fordham, B15, B14, B13 (Why do I always just miss this bus!?!?!?), B24 (30 minute waits on weekday noons, GAH!), and Bx19 needs LIMITED service.

These only include some that i've been on.

Best: M6. M14, M15, M16, M34, M42, B7, B25, B26, B41

Worst: M7(needs a limited), M100(too long), B15(needs a limited), B54 needs shorter peak headways, *Q33 also needs shorter rush headways.

What do you mean by headways?

WHAT?! lol

Best Routes: Bx12, Q44, B68, M101, Bx15, Q10, ,B6, B46, Bx36, Bx31 (This bus is so reliable! I rarely wait over 5 minutes for it, even on Sundays!), Bx28 and Bx1/2. These are buses that I can trust.

Worst Routes: Bx17 (off schedule ALL THE TIME, not many bus routes is this sporadical with service), Bx30 (off schedule just like the Bx17), M100 (I can beat it by walking and it's not even crosstown, I can sometimes walk to this bus if I miss it), Bx8 (Weekdays is good, but weekends are 30 minute waits, and on sundays service ends 8PM), Q31 (Need I say more), I would say QBx1 but I can actually trust it and most of the time not wait longer than 12 minutes, and the ride is very fast, Bx5 to Pelham Bay, Bx28 to Fordham, B15, B14, B13 (Why do I always just miss this bus!?!?!?), B24 (30 minute waits on weekday noons, GAH!), and Bx19 needs LIMITED service.

Have ever rode the Q7 Q9 Q35 Q40 on weekends now that what i call bad service.....

The Best Routes

Bklyn anything Limited with the exception of the B49 what a joke

B60,B82,B24 < No Good B82 needs Limited stop service

Qns Q3,Q4,Q84,Q5,Q85,Q88

Mn Crosstowns and Limited's and 5th avenue routes (the Good)

M7 Needs Limited's as well as the M3 (the bad)

The Best Routes

Bklyn anything Limited with the exception of the B49 what a joke

B60,B82,B24 < No Good B82 needs Limited stop service

Qns Q3,Q4,Q84,Q5,Q85,Q88

Mn Crosstowns and Limited's and 5th avenue routes (the Good)

M7 Needs Limited's as well as the M3 (the bad)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the B60. It could use a limited route, as the trip is way too long. Yeah the M3 could use a limited too, although it will probably never get one because the M1,2,4, & M5 all have limited runs. But a good idea would be for the M3 to run limited stop service south of 110 st.

I also forgot about the Bx9, it needs LIMITED service too! Also the Bx36 could use it too, if the B35 can get LIMITED service, why not the Bx36? The 36 can use LIMITED service from 6:20AM-8:30PM or so both ways, between Parkchester and University Avenue.

I also forgot about the Bx9, it needs LIMITED service too! Also the Bx36 could use it too, if the B35 can get LIMITED service, why not the Bx36? The 36 can use LIMITED service from 6:20AM-8:30PM or so both ways, between Parkchester and University Avenue.

The Bx9, 19 and 36 needs it. Don't forget the Bx36 suppose to be an articulated line. The idea was killed by the NIMBYs of Washington heights. Bet they wished they had it now, when those buses pass them due to being cluster fuc*ed full after 3-5 stops.

The Bx9, 19 and 36 needs it. Don't forget the Bx36 suppose to be an articulated line. The idea was killed by the NIMBYs of Washington heights. Bet they wished they had it now, when those buses pass them due to being cluster fuc*ed full after 3-5 stops.
NIMBY's? :confused:

I can't tell you how many times the 36 skipped stops due to crowding, even before it got to White Plains Road (GWB Bound), 2 of them was too packed to stop for customers/hoppers.

The Bx14 would be added to the worst list, but it's ON TIME most of the time, AM Rush, I've only seen it bunch up once, but that was due to construction delays. It's usually full of seats too.

B46, what a bus! It comes in every 1 minute and 40 seconds a bus AM Rush (if you are taking whatever type comes first (LCL/LIMITED)). It comes more than the Bx12! But it's not an articulated line so it needs more service than the Bx12. The 12 wins overall though, it's much more speedy.

I find the B6 to be a good ride too. Doesn't bunch up much, LIMITED service available, RTS buses. I like...

The Q8 can leave you waiting terribly long @ weekday noons, I don't know about weekends though since I don't go around there. It's likely worse though.

Omg...... thank good I have 4 other options of getting into the bronx from washinton hts... that Bx36 is actually a dependable route BUT it sucks the way it gets full. Sometimes I have to walk to 178 st and Broadway to catch the 36 because they get sent down to Amsterdam via 178 making that on stop on 178 and broadway then go arounf 181 st to beat traffic. And its not just the Bx36 that they do that to. They do it tot he Bx 3, and Bx11.. Matter a fact all the 181 lines... and by time the bus get to 181 And wadsworth taking the regular route, the bus is full. I see artics on the Bx36 every now and then but the Bx really needs it.the bus is full along the whole route just about...

The most dependable bus for me over here where I'm at is the Bx11. Always on time.

But you will always see A Bx3 or Bx36 bunched up over here. They run like water

My opinion on the M3. It should have been the first route on 5av/ Madison to get limited service. Its the longest route out of the M1, M2, M4, AND M5.

They say the M101 is the longest local line on the MTA, well would the M3 bethe second Longest? They pretty much have the same first and last stop, the M101 just make the hell trip down 125st to the east side while the M3 takes 110.

Ok I talked enough

Here are some good lines I think.

BX 1/2, BX3, BX5, BX7(ITS OK.. NOT GREAT BUT ITS ALWAYS THERE), BX11, BX12, BX15, BX28, BX35(DEPENDABLE) BX36(ITS ALWAYS THERE.. JUST SLOW), BX41, BX55

AND THE LINES I HATE

BX4(ITS UNDER AN EL 95% OF ITS ROUTE),

BX8(LONG WAITS)

BX9(LONG WAITS AND WHEN IT DO COME ITS CROWED AND 4 BUSES IS BEHI ND IT..

BX10(I JUST HATE THAT BUS WHEN IT GETS TO THE LEHMAN COLLEGE BEDFORD PK AREA. FEEL LIKE IMGOING INA CIRCLE)

BX13 (SLOW AS HELL)

BX16 (LONG WAITS)

BX17 (I HATE THAT BUS)

BX18 (SHORT ROUTE, PROBABLY RUN ONLY 2 OR 3 BUSES. SEEMS LIKE ITS A LONG WAIT

BX19 (THIS LINE IS TOO LONG)

BX20 WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS BUS.. INEVER SEE IT

BX25/26

BX30

BX32

BX33

BX34

The Bx19 is just as long as the Bx1/2. The Bx1/2, Bx41, Bx19, Bx36, and the M100 is all 1hr and 10-20min during the rush hour. I have picked on all those lines. Bx1/2, Bx36, Bx41 all one pick each, The Bx19 did 3 picks, and the M100 did 2 picks (my first picked run when I started the job, and nearly 2 years later back on it whence more). M100 = Easy money.

best bus route is Q20 because it comes on time, and it has the Excellent Orion 5's

worst bus route is Q38 after the MTA took over, it used to be good when Triboro had it but the MTA Bus just killed it, the Q38 used to have different kinds of buses now its all RTS's and Hybrid's, and also the Q38 wait times are much much longer now

best bus route is Q20 because it comes on time, and it has the Excellent Orion 5's

Only problem with the Orion V is the stiff shocks. RTSs when one side of the bus goes into a pothole, or sewer grate next to a bus stop, they rock gently side to side. Those Orion Vs rock and roll side to side. I'm afraid some "mathusalite" will go flying out one of the side windows. Overall I prefer them (Orion V) 6000series over the RTSs.

Archived