Winter weather today and service

Via Garibaldi 8

Just heard over the radio, a B/O has been waiting for 21 hrs to get a road truck.

F**k that noise....after the 2nd hour I would have called control,let them know where the bus is and grabbed my stuff and tried to get home. Nobody should have been operating anything after 5pm anyway.

Did anybody see the channel 2 news around noon? They showed video of Queens Blvd westbound service lane in front of the Queens Center mall, there was a bus(Q60?) stuck at an angle with it's hazards on.

Just heard over the radio, a B/O has been waiting for 21 hrs to get a road truck. JAY WALDER, all this falls on you, off with your oversized bald head! Cuomo will kick this guy out as soon as he can.

Twenty-one hours? Did you make a typo or did they make a mistake?

I've been on 49th Street and 5th avenue in Brooklyn for like two hours and there does not appear to be a B11 or B63 anywhere on the routes. There's nothing out. Terrible considering the D and N are both terminating at 95th Street in Bay Ridge.

3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th Avenues is a crap. 4th Avenue was sort of good shape. Around JG depot, a dozen+ buses parked in a conga line. Surprisingly NIS B63 Orion VII flew by easy with one tight lane on 5th Avenue.

Side streets are worse.

I felt sorry for the B11 B/O on a C40LF at 50 Street/ 4 Av, un-plowed and stranded for more than 12+ hours.

MTA's management and NYC agency a huge fail. They should have declare a State of Emergency.

Can you tell us how crowded each bus you saw was?

Sure:

Q24: First bus was not too packed, second bus was SRO

Q43: All four buses were super packed

Q44: First bus was nearly empty, second bus had some people on it with a few empty seats.

Q54: A few people on the bus around 10.

Q56: A few people as well.

Q113 LTD: Super packed, people was getting in back, which led to the rest of the people being left.

Q25: Only around 5 people.

N22: Around 20 people.

N4: A few people.

The Q113 operator should get either a late swing or a cut slip depending on how far he/she was in the workday. The Q43s should have gotten some short signs. I'd say a little bit of Francis Lewis Blvd, a little bit of Springfield, a sprinkle of Little Neck Pkwy, and the last bus all the way to 268 Street.

Or not......

Lets see for buses around me over a two hour period:

Q24: 2 Buses

Q43: 3 Buses

Q44: 2 Buses

Q54: 1 Bus

Q56: 1 Bus

Q113 LTD: 1 Bus

Q25: 1 Bus

N22: 1 Bus

N4: 1 Bus

Other than that all the other routes around Jamaica/Hollis I have yet to see. Also I have not seen a Q17 in 8 hours.

See any bus that runs on Merrick :)

Today I went to Brooklyn, why?, I don't know. Buses were stuck all over the place. A NovaBus LFS artic M15 was stuck on Madison St, at Water St. Jack-knifed. On the Bowery at Pell St, a New Flyer artic, was stuck. Got across the Manhattan Bridge (Brooklyn Bridge was closed off, into Brooklyn), went down Flatbush. At Empire BLVD, some rerouted buses (whatever route that uses New Flyer C40LF), were stuck. One was fishtailed in the S/B direction, the other just a few feet away in the N/B direction. Had to go down Ocean Ave, and make left turn onto Ave. J...... Ave. J at Nostrand, 3 RTS buses are stuck and basically abandoned. They look like they piled up on one another. One was facing eastbound, but stuck on the Westbound side of that street, the second was across from that one stuck fishtailed, and the third behind them fishtailed and stuck. Ave.... K, an MCI cruiser (the newest ones with the Star Wars back), was stuck near Schenectady Ave, facing W/B. Not for nothing, today was the day for the buses to stay in house in Brooklyn.

They only plowed a few major streets in Brooklyn. NYC usually does better than this, during huge storms, but the outer boroughs got a huge F-U, from NYC today. Manhattan, their baby, was basically taken care of, followed by the Bronx. Speaking of which, there was a Bx40/42 jackknifed on Cedar Place, from that turn off of Sedgwick Ave.........

The plowing was pretty terrible today. Brooklyn and Queens were just left to their own devices, same with SI. The Bronx was pretty bad, and while I expected Manhattan to be pretty good, everything below 14th St. and above 96th was basically untouched. Not too good.

You know what? I have been reading some posts online and the word is that there is a union slowdown. This is a job action to force the city to hire more sanitation workers.

Don't even think about putting out your garbage for at least a few days. I sure hope they turn the heat on Bloomberg. He has failed Sanitation and now it's payback time, but yeah we are the ones who have to suffer.

I waited for about 30 mins for an S53. I figured there wouldn't be car service to take to the express bus... Once it came it was like limited stops all the way to Hylan Blvd. When I arrived, I had just missed an X1, but another arrived about 20-25 mins later and we were in the city by 16:00. The commute back was even quicker. An X10 arrived immediately as I got to 13th and Bway but I decided to wait for an X1, which never came, but an X10 came 20 mins or so later. All in all the entire commute was 3 hours or so.

I was gonna take a cab to Herald Sq but all the cabs were on the FDR Drive. Although at my job, the FDR is on street level with the local streets, I still couldn't get over to the highway, too much snow

That snowball part was funny. I've never seen that done underground.

It happens at some places...I guarantee you Grand St on the (L) also got some snow in the station

The plowing was pretty terrible today. Brooklyn and Queens were just left to their own devices, same with SI. The Bronx was pretty bad, and while I expected Manhattan to be pretty good, everything below 14th St. and above 96th was basically untouched. Not too good.

Thing is, where were the devices for these areas? I did not see a plow at all in Brooklyn. Only on the Major Deegan on my way back to Westchester, did I see a plow with salt, and two garbage trucks. None were plowing though, just going back to base. FDR and Deegan was clean though..........

So NYC made the statement, they will only clean from 14st-96st during a blizzard. Great to keep the financial area open, but they seem to forget the people who go there to work, live in the un-plowed areas........

M4 is properly not going into Park until snow cleared. This will be bad news for Cloisters.

Bx19/M11 is not going into Riverbank State Park.

No Q72 bus running at all.

Southbound Q23 following Q48 route to Astoria Blvd.

NB Q65 bus using Highland Av from Parsons Blvd to 164th St.

The buses in my area were non existing because the streets weren't plowed. There were so many abandoned vehicles randomly parked the plows I saw couldn't even get through and I saw at least 3 buses which were stuck all day yesterday.

In past years, the Sanitation department did great work with plowing streets after a snowstorm/blizzard, even if you waited a day. This time however, practically all streets were covered with snow and ice and outside of the midsection of Manhattan, you were out of luck.

Posted 11/28/10 7:15 AM

Due to inclement weather several bus routes has been placed on detour as follows:

166th Street-bound (Q15) bus from Roosevelt Avenue. left turn on Union Street, right turn on Northern Boulevard, left turn on 150th Street, then regular route.

Main Street-bound (Q15) bus from 150th Street, right turn on Northern Boulevard, left turn on Union Street, right turn on Roosevelt Avenue.

LGA-bound (Q48) bus from Roosevelt Avenue,right turn on 126th Street, left turn on Northern Boulevard, right turn on 108th Street, then regular route.

Main Street-bound (Q48) bus - from 108th Street, left turn on Northern Boulevard, right turn on 126th Street, left turn onto Roosevelt Avenue, then regular route.

Queens Plaza-bound (Q67) bus regular route to Borden Avenue, right onto Vandam Street, left turn onto Hunters Point Avenue, then regular route.

Metropolitan Avenue-bound (Q67) bus continue on Hunters Point Avenue, right onto Vandam Street, left onto Borden Avenue, then regular route.

60th Lane and Cooper Avenue-bound (Q39) bus from Jackson Ave at Queens Boulevard, left turn at Thompson Ave to Queens Boulevard, right at 58th Street, then regular route.

Queens Plaza-bound (Q39) bus to 58th Street and Queens Boulevard, left onto Thompson Avenue, left at Jackson Avenue to 21st Street, right on 21st St to Queens Plaza South, right onto Queens Plaza, then regular route.

Westbound (Q36) bus run on Jamaica Avenue, right on Springfield Boulevard, left on Hillside, then regular route.

Eastbound (Q83) bus will terminate at Springfield Boulevard.

Both directions, there is no (Q72) bus service from Rego Park to LaGuardia Airport.

Northbound (Q65) bus service last stop on College Point Boulevard at 28th Avenue.

College Point-bound (Q25) bus from 130th Street, right onto 20th Avenue.

Southbound (Q23) bus service will continue straight on Ditmars Boulevard to a right on 108th Street, right on Astoria Boulevard then regular route.

There is no limited bus service in Queens; all limited buses are making local stops.

Please expect delays in bus service at this time.

Manhattan-bound Bx19 bus service will terminate at Fredrick Douglas Blvd and 145th Street.

M4 bus service has resumed service into the Cloisters.

M9 bus service downtown is detoured to 14th Street

M11 bus service is not entering Riverbank Park.

M50 bus service is running on 57th Street between 5th Avenue and 11th Avenue in both directions.

Westbound N6 - Hempstead Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route.

Westbound N24 - Jamaica Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route.

Eastbound N24 - Hillside Avenue, right onto Springfield Bld, left on Jamaica Avenue, then regular route.

Due to inclement weather there is no service on the following bus routes: S42, S44, S51, S52, S54, S55, S56, S57 and S61, X31.

Manhattan-bound Bx19 bus service will terminate at Fredrick Douglas Blvd and 145th Street.

M4 bus service has resumed service into the Cloisters.

M9 bus service downtown is detoured to 14th Street

M11 bus service is not entering Riverbank Park.

M50 bus service is running on 57th Street between 5th Avenue and 11th Avenue in both directions.

Westbound N6 - Hempstead Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route.

Westbound N24 - Jamaica Avenue, right onto Springfield Blvd, left on Hillside Avenue, then regular route.

Eastbound N24 - Hillside Avenue, right onto Springfield Bld, left on Jamaica Avenue, then regular route.

Due to inclement weather there is no service on the following bus routes: S42, S44, S51, S52, S54, S55, S56, S57 and S61, X31.

east of springfield blvd was so clean. west of it was crappy. i do the N24 my radio didnt work so i didnt know the detour and i got stuck on jamaica ave on my way baack and was there until the tow truck pulled me out after 11pm.

everywhere in queens you tried and go was crappy. this i think was teh worst storm i ever seen as far as clean up. nassau county did a great job on the cleaned up B)

Now's N4 and N21. Maybe they forgot N20?

Eastbound N4 – First stop is Hook Creek Blvd.

Westbound N4 – Last stop is Hook Creek Blvd.

Westbound N21 – Northern Blvd, left onto Union Street, right on Roosevelt Avenue.

Eastbound N21 – Roosevelt Avenue to Main Street, right onto Main Street, right on Northern Boulevard, continue on Northern Blvd.

Today I went to Brooklyn, why?, I don't know. Buses were stuck all over the place. A NovaBus LFS artic M15 was stuck on Madison St, at Water St. Jack-knifed. On the Bowery at Pell St, a New Flyer artic, was stuck. Got across the Manhattan Bridge (Brooklyn Bridge was closed off, into Brooklyn), went down Flatbush. At Empire BLVD, some rerouted buses (whatever route that uses New Flyer C40LF), were stuck. One was fishtailed in the S/B direction, the other just a few feet away in the N/B direction. Had to go down Ocean Ave, and make left turn onto Ave. J...... Ave. J at Nostrand, 3 RTS buses are stuck and basically abandoned. They look like they piled up on one another. One was facing eastbound, but stuck on the Westbound side of that street, the second was across from that one stuck fishtailed, and the third behind them fishtailed and stuck. Ave.... K, an MCI cruiser (the newest ones with the Star Wars back), was stuck near Schenectady Ave, facing W/B. Not for nothing, today was the day for the buses to stay in house in Brooklyn.

They only plowed a few major streets in Brooklyn. NYC usually does better than this, during huge storms, but the outer boroughs got a huge F-U, from NYC today. Manhattan, their baby, was basically taken care of, followed by the Bronx. Speaking of which, there was a Bx40/42 jackknifed on Cedar Place, from that turn off of Sedgwick Ave.........

The B16 in Jackie Gleason uses C40LFs.

On days like this nobody should really be outside, I would hate to think that if something like this happened again I would have to work. If I had my way I would stay home all day and maybe go around a bit, shoveling neighbors' private vehicles and buses out of the snow. But not to depend on vehicular transportation on a day like this. No cars, no buses, no trains.

Sucks for people stuck out there riding the buses and trains if they had to go to work.

Brooklyn Bus service is very bad (or, should I say, nonexistent)

Due to inclement weather, there is no service on the following bus routes: B1, B2, B4, B6, B9, B11, B13, B31, B35, B36, B44, B49, B61, B64, B67, B68, B69, B70 and B74.

All other buses are running with delays and all limited buses are making local stops.

:eek:

Archived