1996 Blizzard

DJ MC

Who could forget that storm l0l....

My little brother was born the day this video was made so I sure as hell can't forget it lol

The thing is will the blizzard on Friday & Saturday fu*k us up again?.

I wouldn't even call it that

Guest lance25
Right this will not be a Blizzard. I read on Accu-Weather that a bigger one can come next week.But will see.

You're kidding, right?

At that time, it was the wildest snowstorm I'd ever experienced. I was 16 and amazed at how bad that storm was. We were out of school for 2 days and we came back that Wednesday at 10am I had to climb over snow to cross the street. It was the talk of the town for a minute. I can't believe it'll be 15 years since that blizzard. Time sure does fly! LOL

I was in the 8th grade and I remember that Sunday evening watching Channel 7 and crossing my fingers wishing school would be closed. Then an hour later, Sarah Wallace (Channel 7 anchor) announced NYC schools were shut down for the next two days. I jumped and down with such delight. I didn't end up going to school for the entire week anyways because I used to walk to school regularly, and it was impossible to go through those mountains of snow.

Oh man i remember that, we had 4 snow days and the 1st day back was 2 hour delay. It was really like having an extra winter break. I was in 8th grade at the time, but i all ready was usually the one to do most of the shoveling, so after i finished shoveling the stuff the plow put across the bottom of our driveway (4 feet of packed snow) i walked up the street, which still had about 4 inches since the last plow came, and shoveled out that 5 foot high pile that blocked our street in so if there was emergency we could get out/they could get in. Took me 4 hours but i did it, all on my own.

I still love snow, more than ever, and i even love shoveling. I even went up in the big storm last feb to help my girlfriend & her dad shovel out around some apartment buildings in bayonne. If i didn't post photos from that i'll post them soon! :)

- A

Didn't anybody see the post I put on the thread with the redbirds and everything? I posted that first. Well actually since the video is more focused on the blizzard and not the trains I guess it deserves a seperate thread. Well I saw the video and its a nice one :tup:

Archived