Wants $15M in subway 'nightmare'

Locomotion69

I guess he didn't hear the announcement that says: "Please stand away from the platform edge". I'm also guessing he didn't see the text on the floor that says: "Stand Aside". I'm also guessing that he wasn't paying attention because it requires serious skill to get stuck there. He was probably less than a foot away from the train when it was still moving.

I hope the lawyers take their 30% regardless.

Why? They've done nothing to deserve it. I hope the judge fines the plaintiff and his lawyer $100,000 for wasting the taxpayers' time and money. It won't happen but this is America and at least I can still dream here. That's one right the rich, their lackey politicians, and idiots haven't taken away (yet).

From what a witness posted on another site, this guy was pretty drunk and when he got stuck the first thing he was worried about was hiding his beer can that was on the platform next to him.

Grouchy Smurf said it, it was proven his BAL was 1.0, any more he'd kill over from the alcohol himself.

Grouchy Smurf said it, it was proven his BAL was 1.0, any more he'd kill over from the alcohol himself.

HUh? If his Blood Alcohol Content was 1.0 that would mean his entire blood was booze and he'd long have since been dead.

Anything over 0.4 is usually fatal.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I read that in the paper at work today. In it they said there want many sings there. But at every gap filler, there's a red sign overhead, its painted on the floor (albeit faded in some places), and they anounce it every 2 minutes. I see enough coverage there. Plus the last paragraph said that the South Ferry has the chains that extended with the platform. That station has been rendered moot once the new station opened a few years back. Also, the curvature of the track at that station was far more grater than at Union Sq.

Just another New Yorker trying to make a quick dollar off the (MTA)

HUh? If his Blood Alcohol Content was 1.0 that would mean his entire blood was booze and he'd long have since been dead.

Anything over 0.4 is usually fatal.

OHHHHH SHITT! I was write down the weight to my math project by accident. Don't post at 3 AM. I ment .3 ;)

fact of the matter is after he fell it is now in the MTA's hands... waiting over 30 minutes in agony to be freed? how could they not have installed an emergency release? he is lucky to be alive and he deserves whatever money he gets awarded in my book. that was a freak accident which turned into a complete disaster on the MTA's part.

fact of the matter is after he fell it is now in the MTA's hands... waiting over 30 minutes in agony to be freed? how could they not have installed an emergency release? he is lucky to be alive and he deserves whatever money he gets awarded in my book. that was a freak accident which turned into a complete disaster on the MTA's part.

I agree, but he was drunk. So who in there right mind would take the subway while being wayy above the alcohol rate?

Archived