SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

9 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

https://gothamist.com/news/2-staten-island-railway-conductors-assaulted

two conductors just trying to help a person at the MVM get beat up for the process…

I’m glad the two conductors are alright but it’s sad that we have so many violent creeps around. The justice system in this city is a joke and if someone were to be arrested for this assault they might just be back out on the street the next day.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:56 PM, Kamen Rider said:

So… I had not one… BUT TWO… kids hanging off the sides/ back of my train in the space of about 10 minutes…

I swear these kids have no self preservation instincts…

A lot of the youth these days are lost. Most parents don’t raise their kids anymore. Instead they spoil them and leave them alone and when these kids go out and do stupid things the first thing parents want to do is point the finger at someone else as if it’s someone else’s responsibility to make sure their child is behaving. 
Then if you confront some of these kids they want to argue you down and it’s just a headache.   

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Calvin said:

Wow I doubt it’ll be finished in September 2032

15 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

there’s a video on YouTube showing a bunch of kids playing around with the lights on an R46, Normal passengers can’t even enjoy a peaceful ride

Parents didn’t buy them enough toys.

Give them a third rail or something to play with and they’ll go away.

https://www.nytransitmuseum.org/holidaynostalgiarides/

R1/9 running between 145 St and 2 Av express.

December 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, basically every Saturday of that month.

The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs 2nd Avenue on the uptown F line in Lower Manhattan at:

10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm

The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs 145th Street on the downtown D line at:

11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm

Please Note:

• On Saturday, December 2nd only, the train will be utilizing the uptown D platform at 145th Street.

2 hours ago, Vulturious said:

https://www.nytransitmuseum.org/holidaynostalgiarides/

R1/9 running between 145 St and 2 Av express.

December 2, 9, 16, 23, and 30, basically every Saturday of that month.

The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs 2nd Avenue on the uptown F line in Lower Manhattan at:

10am, 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm

The Holiday Nostalgia Train departs 145th Street on the downtown D line at:

11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm

I wonder from here on out, will they rotate between the Arnines, R32s and TOMC on a yearly basis. Like for example next year will be the R32s on this route then the year after TOMC on the (1) , etc.

17 minutes ago, R179 8258 said:

I know that the MTA main focus is making all the IND lines fully CBTC. But what about Jamaica Line ? I know that the line is a BMT line but aren't (J) (Z) (M) 100% NTT ? So shouldn't that line be worthy of discussion ?

From what I understand, some parts of the IND still has the original signals from the IND was built where's the J line signals was redone in the 90s. Concourse is IND and is not getting CBTC, it's signal system was redone in the 90s also.

Edited by trainfan22

17 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

I wonder from here on out, will they rotate between the Arnines, R32s and TOMC on a yearly basis. Like for example next year will be the R32s on this route then the year after TOMC on the (1) , etc.

I hope we can see the TOMM run at some point - would be nice to see the 38s, 40s and 42s out. 

I wish the NYTM did a summer run like the Holiday Train with a regular trip rather than a ticketed hours-long trip, but it would probably cost them too much. 

On 11/3/2023 at 11:42 AM, Maxwell179 said:

Give them a third rail to play with ?? Like come on , these are kids wtf 🙄

Stupid kids at that! They’ll turn into criminals or develop a wild mental illness that we have to pay taxes for… nope not me. Let em play with the third rail. Kids or not. Have some sense. 

2 minutes ago, VIP said:

Jamaica yard…. Yea, all of the crews there; Awful. No reason why those R160’s run like crap and sound like they’re about to blow circuits.

Well, damn...how so many crews there but like none of them take car of the 1000+ 160s?

On 11/6/2023 at 9:05 PM, trainfan22 said:

From what I understand, some parts of the IND still has the original signals from the IND was built where's the J line signals was redone in the 90s. Concourse is IND and is not getting CBTC, it's signal system was redone in the 90s also.

A good portion of their signals are brand new... as in less than 5 years old

15 hours ago, Calvin said:

It's said that ridership is at pre-pandemic level, but the respect to others hasn't changed. For now, there's courtesy campaigns on their digital ads. 

I need better results from 2, 4, 7 or 11. These ppl on channel 5 act like “L & O” but this isn’t China or Russia. They can’t control 8,000,000 ppl in NYC and 1/2 take public transportation. 

On 11/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, Chris89292 said:

there’s a video on YouTube showing a bunch of kids playing around with the lights on an R46, Normal passengers can’t even enjoy a peaceful ride

To elaborate on this, this video was shown to the police by someone in transit. These conquestors (I don’t call them kids) love to disrupt service. The same dude at the end was the one who vandalized the R46 Broadway line. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:05 PM, trainfan22 said:

Every line in the system will get CBTC at some point, but some sections are prioritized more than others obviously 

On 10/29/2023 at 2:13 AM, Jemorie said:

So? The (C) is basically a short-turn (A) making local stops while the full regular one runs express. If you rode the (A) at night, then basically you rode the (C).

Like the above poster said, both routes run alongside together or on the same tracks together in both Manhattan and Brooklyn. There isn’t anything wrong with treating them like a combined entity.

But there is also nothing wrong with acknowledging them as separate entities since they still are indeed, separate routes; despite the fact that the (C) route is fully confined within the (A) route.

@Lawrence St's  assessment is correct since the R211s are currently only assigned to the (A) (the cars are still in the early stages of their rollout).

Edited by RandomRider0101