SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offering a passenger advice during a diversion when the PA doesn't work automatically makes you the conductor  for the car. I fell for that today.

Yep - this is the #1 reason when, if I'm listening on a scanner and I hear something pertinent I just keep my damn mouth shut. 

People love to assume that knowledge about a situation comes somehow with authority to change the situation. 

(I'll also never forget the time when I was 13, I was waiting for a very late Amtrak train from DC to NYC and listening for any info on the scanner, which I was very into at the time. A passenger asked me, in all seriousness, if the "delay" button on the scanner would delay the train. She did not believe me when I explained that it does not and cannot)

It looks like the MTA has to do a quick FAST-TRACK on the (2)(3) northbound at 72nd.st.And the southbound (F)(G) at church Ave as well.Too many delays in those locations lately.

I would imagine (F) service will improve dramatically if they can take care of this interlocking point. As stated by others, MAJOR reason why service on the 6th Ave Local/Queens Bvld Exp to 179th is so fffffff'ed up....

Edited by realizm

And the southbound (F)(G) at church Ave as well.

The (4) and those occasional (5) trains also have that problem between Franklin and Utica southbound. The relay east of Utica cannot handle that many frequent express trains on the IRT Eastern Parkway Line in Brooklyn. The lone good thing is that, during the off-peak, the (4) is slightly less frequent, so the delays between Franklin and Utica southbound are less common during the said time period.

Glsd to see those New Lots (4)s still run... they REALLY help.

Glsd to see those New Lots (4)s still run... they REALLY help.

I actually saw two (4) s to New Lots when I was walking my dog an hour ago, I usually catch them on weekdays with a (2) via the (3) during rush hours.

What if they added a new (9) line but a green one. If it was a Lexington Ave Local in Manhattan but ended at the new Fulton Center then went to Woodlawn in Bronx. 

9-1_zpsbfbe620d.jpg9-4_zps9ce70c5d.jpg9-3_zpsd219525e.jpg9-2_zpscfc56305.jpg

It wouldn't work as Union Tpke suggested, (4) s and (5) s would get clogged up on their way to Brooklyn and the Lex would be a nightmare.

I actually saw two (4) s to New Lots when I was walking my dog an hour ago, I usually catch them on weekdays with a (2) via the (3) during rush hours.

It wouldn't work as Union Tpke suggested, (4) s and (5) s would get clogged up on their way to Brooklyn and the Lex would be a nightmare.

Mind you it just may work if everything is moved around to the point where nothing resembles its past self.

And listen to QJ and eliminate the (3). Yeah, wait, no... yeah, yeah.

Lmao right, and starting tomorrow your ass better be in the chat so help me God!

Well it's near midnight and I'm in. That counts right?

Really though I'll be in earlier later today though. Thanks for your interest in my presence.

#thefeels :D