SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: If a (6) train were to get stalled at Worth Street, and the train can no longer move, can the operator open the doors to Worth Street and the police from outside take out the vent closing the station and bring everybody up to the surface using the abandoned stairwell? 

If there is an emergency, such as a fire, up ahead that requires the evacuation of passengers, then yeah, it's very possible that the FDNY will have passengers evacuate via Worth St. There is probably an emergency hatch leading to street level somewhere. Of course, the MTA will take all options into consideration, such as using a rescue train over having passengers walk along the track to Brooklyn Bridge or Canal Street in order to get out. Just because a train gets stuck at Worth doesn't necessarily mean they'll use the station to evacuate.

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

If there is an emergency, such as a fire, up ahead that requires the evacuation of passengers, then yeah, it's very possible that the FDNY will have passengers evacuate via Worth St. There is probably an emergency hatch leading to street level somewhere. Of course, the MTA will take all options into consideration, such as using a rescue train over having passengers walk along the track to Brooklyn Bridge or Canal Street in order to get out. Just because a train gets stuck at Worth doesn't necessarily mean they'll use the station to evacuate.

Has there ever been this type of sceniro before?

BTW, why is there a 5 car set of R142's at 207 Street Yard and a 3 car set of R46's at 207 Street Yard?

BTW, why cant R142's be used on the (1) line?

Because Of South Ferry being on a 5 car station. Same thing why it can't be used on the (3) Because of 145th Street. R142s and R142As are BANNED For stopping at 5 Car Stations. Why? I know why but I'm not supposed to explain the full details so please don't ask about that

BTW, why cant R142's be used on the (1) line?

There's no need for them to. The cars are fine where they are. Even if there was some sort of ban for the cars on the loop, the 142s are needed more on the 2 than the 1 or 3 lines. And no, they aren't going to split the fleet up between multiple yards. That's added expense because the more yards would have to maintain multiple car fleets.

Because Of South Ferry being on a 5 car station. Same thing why it can't be used on the (3) Because of 145th Street. R142s and R142As are BANNED For stopping at 5 Car Stations. Why? I know why but I'm not supposed to explain the full details so please don't ask about that

Why did you say that? You could have just left it at they were banned. When you say don't ask, naturally, someone's going to ask.

AKA tomorrow so what is the exact date?

December 7th.

OMG I SAW THE NOSTALGIA HOLIDAY TRAIN AT HERALD SQUARE!

*faint*

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any pictures, and I didn't have enough time to explain to my mom that it's a special train running on the old (V) line to Queens Plaza. Frown.

I was on it twice in each direction, took RFW videos. BTW as the train was at 2 Avenue there was an F train terminating on the express track at second avenue and there was also an A train.

a question about the (C)

back to when it ran to Bedford Park during Rush hours, was Concourse Yard responsible for maintenance there or did it have to backtrack?

I believe it did, especially when it was a rush hour only route in the 1980's. In fact, the (C) was used for concourse service before the (D).