SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

That's ridiculous.  I really think that the residents up there should go to their transportation meetings that their local community boards hold and raise hell and get them to get on the (MTA) about finishing those two stations.  I remember distinctly when those stations started being rehabbed and it's a disgrace that they still haven't finished them yet.  In fact you can argue that they're worse now than they were before the renovation.  The last time I was at 181st or 168th (I forget which one), I saw a rat on the tracks that almost as big as my size 13 shoe. Given how filthy each of those stations are from what is simply negligence, I'm surprised I didn't see more of them.

Well I can remember even from my childhood days seeing pigeons flying around in the stations still to this day.  Those stations are landmarks of the city and are the closest to illustrate a grander feel of the original IRT stations sort of like City Hall loop. A portion of the arch bricks at 181st St fell onto the tracks in 2009, you talk about 6 years with lack of progress. If Fulton Center station dowtown can have mutiple renovations within the last few decades just to make it look pretty and "unconfusing" then why does it take soo long to fix up these stations uptown. I think it's pathetic.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got them from the booth at Woodside - 61 St. But they were the last ones :(

Well besides the MTA, but I get what you're saying.

That was what I was going for lmao

where did you get them? I haven't seen any.

The pamphlet says stuff about the (7) being extended and the new service pattern at Times Square. 

where did you get them? I haven't seen any.

I think I know what he's talking about. And he's right they have been making station announcements about 34th Street as the new terminal for the (7) . I heard it and one part of the announcement was "42nd Street will no longer be the last stop for the (7) ".

Yeah, I mean you can just hop on the train to get there.

Now the second page covers how the service pattern at Times Square has changed and the third page lists what train depart and arriving into 34 St. And once my scanner stops having a fit and actually work, Ill put up the poster as well.

There was a lot of crap going on with the subway today. (6) trains were held up at 86th forcing riders to go to 125th street to transfer to (4)(5) and (6) going expressway. The (R) train was running via the (F) line 63rd street line because of a switch malfunction. It also affected the (F)(M) and (E) lines. The (5) was temporarily held up earlier due to a passenger injury so it was a living hell commuting back to Queens from Hunter College. A 40-45 minute commute turn into over 2 hour and 30 minute one. I left college at 7:47pm and was not home until 10:26pm.

Edited by NewFlyer 230

There was a lot of crap going on with the subway today. (6) trains were held up at 86th forcing riders to go to 125th street to transfer to (4)(5) and (6) going expressway. The (R) train was running via the (F) line 63rd street line because of a switch malfunction. It also affected the (F)(M) and (E) lines. The (5) was temporarily held up earlier due to a passenger injury so it was a living hell commuting back to Queens from Hunter College. A 40-45 minute commute turn into over 2 hour and 30 minute one. I left college at 7:47pm and was not home until 10:26pm.

At least we got some rain lol.

Amazing that it's been 14 years since 9/11, alot has changed and Cortlandt St on the (1) is still to see the light of day.

That station is demolished for good. They are not rebuilding it at least not right now because the MTA still has the new South Ferry Station and 2nd Ave subway to worry about. It looks like the 63rd street station on the (F) is about done both sides got new tiling and the platform is complete.