SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse the last post, R62A 1761 its the set.

Probably a broken LED Westchester threw out of the rollsign box, someone (a vandal) opened the rollsign box and took it out, OR Westchester got tired of them so they started taking them out. It makes sense since some people transfer from the (7) to the (6) and might get confused thinking its still the (7) with the Green LED/RED LED.

And if Corona decides to keep at least 2 R62A sets will Westchester still keep the last R142A's on the (6) or will they end up giving them to Jerome? (4) .

Edited by Priincenene

Probably a broken LED Westchester threw out of the rollsign box, someone (a vandal) opened the rollsign box and took it out, OR Westchester got tired of them so they started taking them out. It makes sense since some people transfer from the (7) to the (6) and might get confused thinking its still the (7) with the Green LED/RED LED.

And if Corona decides to keep at least 2 R62A sets will Westchester still keep the last R142A's on the (6) or will they end up giving them to Jerome? (4) .

Corona is not keeping any R62A once the swap is done.

Their only keeping if im not wrong 6 sets wich will used during the weekdays for Am and Pm rush hours only as they are now unless the dispatcher is really cool and leaves a set or 2 out for late night.

Oh wow only 6 sets. I was being generous when I said to myself the (6) will still have 8 sets of R142A's as soon as the swap is done.

Their only keeping if im not wrong 6 sets wich will used during the weekdays for Am and Pm rush hours only as they are now unless the dispatcher is really cool and leaves a set or 2 out for late night.

The remaining 142A sets on the (6) will at any time just like the 62As do... what's the point of limiting use of newer cars?

Westchester doesn't know how to fix the green LEDs so im not surprised that which ever cars have issues, they just remove them. The LEDs are not a big need for (6) service. Corona aint keeping Any R62A's after the R188 swap. The (6) will have R142A's 7591-7655 only

Westchester doesn't know how to fix the green LEDs so im not surprised that which ever cars have issues, they just remove them. The LEDs are not a big need for (6) service. Corona aint keeping Any R62A's after the R188 swap. The (6) will have R142A's 7591-7655 only

Those LEDs are a need especially on a line like the (6) were trains randomly switch northern terminals Parkchester or Pelham Bay daily. That system helps riders know what train is express/local much less on a SMEE R62A equipment. If a local rider of the (6) line has common sense to know the difference between the circle & diamond distiction then those LEDs are worthless, but for anyone else who don't ride the (6) on a normal basis then those lights are a need for a better understanding. I feel they need to eventually rearrange several of the R62As sets in numerical order, like the 1800s that currently run the (1) should go to the (6) and once the 2100s are full width then they can end up on the (1) displacing the 1800s. If the case is that Westchester doesn't know how to fix the LED lights which I don't think thats likely the case then it is what it is and they could remove them if they want, the (6) is a very demanding subway line and certain components on the rolling stock serving the line can crap out, but they are usefull for riders who need to go local or express on the (6).

Those LEDs are a need especially on a line like the (6) were trains randomly switch northern terminals Parkchester or Pelham Bay daily. That system helps riders know what train is express/local much less on a SMEE R62A equipment. If a local rider of the (6) line has common sense to know the difference between the circle & diamond distiction then those LEDs are worthless, but for anyone else who don't ride the (6) on a normal basis then those lights are a need for a better understanding. I feel they need to eventually rearrange several of the R62As sets in numerical order, like the 1800s that currently run the (1) should go to the (6) and once the 2100s are full width then they can end up on the (1) displacing the 1800s. If the case is that Westchester doesn't know how to fix the LED lights which I don't think thats likely the case then it is what it is and they could remove them if they want, the (6) is a very demanding subway line and certain components on the rolling stock serving the line can crap out, but they are usefull for riders who need to go local or express on the (6).

Well, (6) riders who need Express or Local are Bronx residents, therefore those LEDs are pointless. Especially with the countdown clocks at every station. I also agree with uniforming the R62A units Between the (1) and (6) as many have suggested before. 16xx -20xx for the (6) and 21xx-24xx for the (1)

Something interesting I noticed perusing some wildly expensive eBay signs... The MTA sign shop must have simply had a strange version of Akzidenz-Grotesk in their collection, as the early signs they produced with the upper-case letter "s" all had the same weird irregularity. I knew this was true for the black on white signs, but judging from this mid-1970s Cortlandt St. (R, I believe) sign, this occurred for the white on black ones too:

$_57.JPG

ktorreg photo

For comparison, here's the CC to Bedford sign I salvaged a few months ago, complete with the same irregular S (look at "59 St"):

ac75D8HRE1xCDrIm8.auHA.jpg

Edited by MHV9218

Well, (6) riders who need Express or Local are Bronx residents, therefore those LEDs are pointless. Especially with the countdown clocks at every station. I also agree with uniforming the R62A units Between the (1) and (6) as many have suggested before. 16xx -20xx for the (6) and 21xx-24xx for the (1)

You cant discount the 42nd st Shuttle as well.