SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Riders slashed on C train at Ralph Avenue in Bedford Stuyvesant

http://www.amny.com/transit/nyc-subway-slashing-riders-attacked-on-c-train-in-bedford-stuyvesant-brooklyn-1.11054332 

Two people were slashed on a Manhattan-bound C train Tuesday afternoon in Bedford Stuyvesant in a seemingly-random attack, authorities said.

A 30-year-old and 23-year-old man were both slashed on the left of their faces with a razor on the train near the Ralph Avenue station at about 3:50 p.m., police said. The suspect, a man in his 30s who was not immediately identified, fled but was caught four blocks away, by the intersection of Rockaway Avenue and Fulton Street.

The razor was recovered and charges were pending Tuesday.

The attack seemed to be random, police said, and the suspect did not know either of the victims.

The victims were both taken to Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center, police said.

The Manhattan-bound C train was running express from Broadway Junction to Hoyt-Schermerhorn. The Queens-bound train was bypassing the Ralph Avenue station.

Geeze

Was anyone affected by the incident that happen at Ralph Av? My downtown (A) was affected. I was waiting at Chambers St and the announcement said "expect delays on the uptown trains. Please take the uptown (2) , (3) or (E) instead."

I was at Broadway Junction at the time, I was waiting a long ass time for an R160 to record express announcements but I waited and nothin but R32's came in. I didn't know it was because of a STABBING until I found out later that day. At that time, MTA.info and the Information boards at the station said due to NYPD activity at Ralph, (C) running express from Hoyt-Schermorhorn to Broadway Jct.

How much does an MTA conductor usually get paid?

I wasn't able to find the latest one of this year but only from 2011 & 2012.

According to a article from 2011:

A few conductors make more than $100,000/year

Starting salaries for conductors are currently about $20/hr, with top pay at $29/hr after 3 years. There is time-and-a-half overtime once you work more than 8 hours a day, and there is LOTS of overtime opportunities for those who want it.

There are some conductors who make $100,000+ a year. However, they are at top pay, work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day and have no life outside of work. The average senior conductor makes about $65K a year.

Another article from 2012:

As of 2012, subway train operators working in the U.S. reported average earnings of $27.99 per hour and $58,220 per year, according to the BLS. Wages for (MTA) train operators ranged from $31 to $32 per hour as of 2012, and the highest-paid (MTA) train operator made $128,836 in 2012. With an annual expenditure of $249,008,090 and 3,069 operators on the payroll, the average salary for an (MTA) train operator was $81,136.

1st article source: http://jalopnik.com/5851714/conductor-secretly-reveals-gruesome-side-of-new-york-city-subway/

2nd article source: http://work.chron.com/mta-salary-29105.html

Edited by Q113 LTD

Interesting GO's this weekend:

the (5) and (6) will terminate at Bowling Green. No (5)'s north of 180 as well

the (7) will run in 2 sections:

Main St and Queensboro Plaza and Hudson Yards and Times Square

Yes, I'm going to try to catch the (7) Hudson Yards G.O. see how that goes out. If you need service to the (7) in Mnhtn, simple. Take the (7) to 74th or Queensboro for the (E)(N) / (R) to Times Sq. Edited by Priincenene

I wouldn't call it a fantasy tho, as of now, Tower Hill is actually up for sale, although no one knows about it's existence. (except us.)

But if this idea were to go through, (and it might), what is going to happen if SIR decides to restore service to the North Shore Branch?

I wouldn't call it a fantasy tho, as of now, Tower Hill is actually up for sale, although no one knows about it's existence. (except us.)

But if this idea were to go through, (and it might), what is going to happen if SIR decides to restore service to the North Shore Branch?

It its a fantasy. Who the hell would create something false on Wikipedia without researching about this so called "Staten Island Museum" . Edited by Priincenene

How exactly do the door controls work on the TOMC and TOMM since they use different car types?

Its the same way as the current car types running, specifically how the R32s/42s are. Just change cabs for the side of the station that's gonna open.

Only major change came once the R15s came in since those were the first to have interior door controls. Everything R14 and before you had to physically stand between the cars for the door controls.