SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the (7) will get its own version once CBTC is up and running

I should've known.

You recall my comment about speed cameras & deer whistles?

Deer whistles operate outside the range of human hearing and be set up to recognize a couple hundred tones. You could assign per train, per scenario, per error or dispatch type. The speed cams can paint a sonar type picture of trains viewable from any supervisory tower?

You guys have a lot of underutilized technology and it's simply wasteful not to squeeze everything into what you have.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Don't be Japan. Don't be Chicago or Zurich. Be yourselves. Be New York. Be imaginative.

Not like MTA standards are anything to honestly endorse. That's why they left that association. Half a million doesn't even dent seven of your salaries or annual incomes.

They need to protect NYC residents not their egos.

They should change it back in the terminals. It doesn't make sence say "there is a downtown (1) train to South Ferry 6 minutes away" at Van Cortlandt Park terminal when the train is already there awaiting departure. They should switch it back to "the train will depart in said minute".

IMO this was one of those scenarios were fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place.

They should revert it back system wide, not just the terminals. 6 minutes away at the terminal? Haha man that's crazy, a damn shame.

All except the (6) extension, weekend (B) service and LaGuardia extensions are my dream proposals, and actually have a reasonable way to reach reality.

I participate in fb groups and the general consensus with the C to Lefferts thing is the riders don't want a local service. If they don't want it I wouldn't force them to have it.

As someone who's stuck with a local that travels a farther distance than the express I can see where they're coming from. 

All except the (6) extension, weekend (B) service and LaGuardia extensions are my dream proposals, and actually have a reasonable way to reach reality.

Great suggestions. They sound familiar. I never understood why the (A) has three endpoints. Thought the B41 was confusing enough.

They should revert it back system wide, not just the terminals. 6 minutes away at the terminal? Haha man that's crazy, a damn shame.

I participate in fb groups and the general consensus with the C to Lefferts thing is the riders don't want a local service. If they don't want it I wouldn't force them to have it.

As someone who's stuck with a local that travels a farther distance than the express I can see where they're coming from.

Have the (A) skip 80th, 88th Streets and only stop at Rockaway Blvd before diving into the Bay.

Great suggestions. They sound familiar. I never understood why the (A) has three endpoints. Thought the B41 was confusing enough.

Have the (A) skip 80th, 88th Streets and only stop at Rockaway Blvd before diving into the Bay.

You can't run the (A) express on Liberty Avenue due to the set up the middle express track on said line.

Plus ridership on the Rockaways would affect this as well.

Now for the countdown clock issue, it really is confusing how it would say "The Next Manhattan Bound local 2 train to South Ferry is 5 minutes away" at 242nd St when the (1) is already there.

You can't run the (A) express on Liberty Avenue due to the set up the middle express track on said line.

I figured that'd be an issue. Why not skip stop Jamaica style.

You already unintentionally do so with the (2)(5) in Manhattan and you did it twice or more with the (1) last week.

I figured that'd be an issue. Why not skip stop Jamaica style.

You already unintentionally do so with the (2)(5) in Manhattan and you did it twice or more with the (1) last week.

Rockaway Blvd is a major transfer point, and Skip-stop is pointless for just 2 stops.

How do you get the MTA to mail maps to your house? I was hoping I could get them to send me the most recent Night Subway Map, since apparently they never deliver any to Bay Ridge Avenue.

I ask them to do that to me all the time. I can show you the link. http://mta-nyc.custhelp.com/app/ask

Don't you love it when the AC on the R142s turn off and those moments when you are in the station it is so quiet you can hear a penny drop?

Yes I do. But if the mop water's just right, it feels even better on an R68A @ 95th Street (R).

I feel bad for whoever has to mop at Queensboro Plaza. It's a mess in the worst possible way right now...

No one knows yet. I'm curious as to why

According to our own Bill from Maspeth

My source from within tells me these signs are from a vendor who are showing what they can do so they can get a contract to equip future subway car orders.

The rest of the R68/68A fleet ARE NOT getting these. Realize these cars are are old.......around 25 years old.