SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Where did I compare stations by distance? All I said was that the Fulton Center to Cortlandt transfer is convenient but there is no need for OOS transfer to be programmed because there are free transfer passages at other locations. The MTA protocol for OOS transfers is to provide transfers only when there are no other alternatives. The Lex pair was only provided because the (F) moved from 53rd where there was a transfer to the (6) to 63rd where there is no transfer passageway.

As much as you may want to make it about "SYSTEMS", that is not how the MTA goes about making these transfers and once again the facts do not fit your narrative.

As for the rest of your post, if you read my post thoroughly, you would realized that you repeated what I said and tried to make it sound as if I was against it.

False narratives and spin are winning recipes for a ban. Just saying..,

Sent from my iPod touch using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

"Free transfers at other locations" is a proximity reference and does not do well in explaining the intent of my post.

Falsehoods? You can't amend or deescalate a situation when you're being accusatory. And if I made falsehoods, I have taken the time to acknowledge & apologize for them. Forums exist as a way to convey & verify information.

If anything I do say is false, of course I'll take the time to comb through. You should note that I start my content offline and make edits to be sure I'm citing the right sources BEFORE I publish it. That way falsehoods are less likely.

I don't like clutter, so causing clutter doesn't sit well with me.

I apologize anyway for irritating you, but those remarks need to be stated to a Moderator, not me.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Of course they will assess an option while it happens rather than before. The MTA sees it better to delay trains, rather than reroute them, seeing as how rerouting or cutting local service to the express track will piss off a lot of riders...

Especially on the Astoria line, since you'll have a huge amount of people wanting local stations.

Also, I disagree, most people care about distance to other stations when it comes to random incidents, not the "system" as you put it.

Come to think of it, my suggestion doesn't seem to be at odds, not for possibility, but rather, how many would utilize it. As the fare goes up and station platforms become note crowded, I utilize these to get to the same station on a different and less crowded platform.

Many riders mindlessly make errors without considering their surroundings. Many riders are also misinformed or simply inept. You're probably right. What isn't said, isn't done.

Then I'll just stick to what I do best and leave them behind. It pays to pay attention. [emoji6]

Edited by MassTransitHonchkrow

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been waiting for 25 mins for an (E) train. 5 (F) trains have gone by. How many more mins do you think I'll have to wait for the (E) train to come?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Expecting reliable service on Queens Boulevard is a mistake.

Are there any parts of the subway where trains do 50mph on the regular? If there are no delays or during midday/the weekend?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Check the SPEED thread. Some of the East River tunnels (60th St., Canarsie in particular) are the only real guarantees. The 7th Ave express runs generally top out around 48mph depending on rolling stock, same with the 6th Ave. express s/b into West 4th, the QBL run, and some of the South Brooklyn express portions. 50mph without a grade is generally pretty rare.

Are there any parts of the subway where trains do 50mph on the regular? If there are no delays or during midday/the weekend?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

All the high speed runs I can think of only do 45. I think the runs that used to do 50 have all been timered down at this point.

The (A) southbound coming into 42nd, The (2) and (3) southbound pulling into both 72nd Street and Times Square (especially 72nd) are among the more consistently fast runs however.

Andrew Cuomo's plans are disgraceful. New trains and fancy looking stations doesn't make the subway any better. I'd rather be on an R32 that got in on time than an R160 that took it's time. Rather focus money on keeping it clean and kicking homeless out rather than fancy new stations that will get just as dirty in a few years anyway.

Andrew Cuomo's plans are disgraceful. New trains and fancy looking stations doesn't make the subway any better. I'd rather be on an R32 that got in on time than an R160 that took it's time. Rather focus money on keeping it clean and kicking homeless out rather than fancy new stations that will get just as dirty in a few years anyway.

You make sense. [emoji122]

Ive notice something strange today....waiting at Manhattan bound queens plaza and 3 (M) 's showed up before one single (R)...Does (M) trains runs that faster than the (R)

Recently, I waited at northern Blvd Manhattan bound platform for 33 mins and 3 M trains passed until an R train showed up!

Recently, I waited at northern Blvd Manhattan bound platform for 33 mins and 3 M trains passed until an R train showed up!

Not necessarily faster, but higher priority. (M) service isn't fixed like the (R). And (M) service finishes a few stops sooner than the (R).

You notice too? They wobble as they exit the station, especially (G) trains.

And they're talking tens...the nerve[emoji34]

The (G) doesn't use R46s anymore, and they most likely aren't gonna be on the (G) during the (L) shutdown.

Anyone else notice how unstable the suspension is on the R46s? Like riding on a waterbed- it's ridiculous...

No, not really...

Edited by r142a 7795

You notice too? They wobble as they exit the station, especially (G) trains.

And they're talking tens...the nerve[emoji34]

They havent been on the (G) since 2010.

I have no idea what you mean by '' talking tens"

No, not at all.

As a daily rider of the (R), I get alot of R46s (grrr :angry: ). The wobbling depends on the car.

They havent been on the (G) since 2010.

I have no idea what you mean by '' talking tens"

As a daily rider of the (R), I get alot of R46s (grrr :angry: ). The wobbling depends on the car.

The (G) received the R68s in 2011, not 2010.

And the (G) has still used R46s in a very few occasions ever since it got the R68/R68As