SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spotted R142 #7161 on the (4) train connected to #1210 with a funny Manhattan bound side destination sign at 7:13 in the evening. It read:

(4) : EASTERN SHOLU PKWAY

(blink)

(4) : TO CROWN HTS-UTICAXZ

All the other cars had the correct extended signs via Lexington Avenue and Eastern Parkway Express to Crown Heights - Utica. As funny as this encounter is, Mosholu Yard should have checked this out beforehand.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Error in original post

1 minute ago, AdonisDimaggio said:

Anyways, A friend of mine brought up this thought. What would happen if the MTA build a ring around its lines (Similar to the Moscow system)? Im kind of not sure what would exactly happen. Regarding that the MTA has infinite budget.

It wouldn't be a ring, but the TriboroRx, if built, could serve as a circumferential line, allowing for transfers between radial lines, e.g. Queens Boulevard Line to Myrtle Avenue Line, while making it easier for people to go between Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx.

https://4c.rpa.org/corridors/city

On 9/24/2017 at 3:49 PM, LegoBrickBreaker101 said:

Knew there was a reason why those Westchester sets were on the (4), I see this is somewhat long-term.

Is Westchester gaining anything or is Unionport losing anything in this move?

Losing trains at this time

------

7591-7610 to Jerome Av. (Westchester Yard is now just R62As)

27 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Losing trains at this time

------

7591-7610 to Jerome Av. (Westchester Yard is now just R62As)

So with more trains going to Jerome/Mosholu is the (4) giving some cars somewhere else. You have a fixed number of cars overall and there some shifting and moving of cars. Someone has to lose something service, cars?

17 hours ago, D to 96 St said:

The Triboro RX is the (G) Train 2.0. 

Indeed and could be built on the cheap. RX, Northern Rockaway Line and even the Lower Montauk together 15 years you could easily expand transportation by 20-30% here in the City. Finish the SAS and that go's up even more.  

16 hours ago, Calvin said:

As of now, 7596-7610 are still out of Westchester but by the looks of it, 99% of the trains  on the (6) are R62As with an additional tech train from Jerome Av during the PM rush. 

I think people might notice once they see that the cars are being treated better once they are out of Mosholu instead of Pelham.

4 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

There's a glitch on a couple of R143 sets where the "Electronic Strip Maps are in service" announcement plays at every stop. 

On an R160 (Q) train heading south, that announcement played at Cortelyou Road despite the FIND not visibly changing at all.

This is eTIX. You tap your phone there and it accepts the payment. I don't know the details, but this has been in the works for some time. Presumably Bowling Green was selected because it is near MTA HQ. Whitehall Street was one of the first stations to receive MetroCard, probably for the same reason.